Confirmed. Broncos v Pats. are we ready?

Dan Daly ‏@dandalyonsports 32s
Brady has posted a higher passer rating than the opposing QB 16 times in 25 postseason games. Manning: 10 times in 21 games. #Pats #Broncos

Ryan Allen is playing today. So is Dobson but KT is not.

Good game, Patriots fans. Denver beat you. Clean. And Manning was doing everything he wanted. You guys tightened up in the redzone, but we intentionally were bleeding clock to counterbalance our overall strategy of making your running game a non-factor.

And Brady surprised me with some bad throws - especially on big plays. Had Manning played that way - or even played as well as he did and lost, the narrative would have been that he choked another game away.

The Narrative for a Brady loss? "The Patriots overcame a great deal and Tom doesn't have any receivers. It's incredible that they were even in the game. Just a tough team loss." I do think had Brady been working those outside throws more this season then he would have had better chemistry with his receivers. But obviously the Broncos were banking on that not being there. For all the talk of Belichick taking away what you "like to do" the tables were certainly turned for this game.

The fact is there were some big plays available - great calls that had guys open for six, and Brady missed. Big time.

I know people here are Patriots fans so I'm not expecting to sway anyone on thinking Manning is better or Brady sucks. And I don't necessarily even want to make that point, but there is a huge double standard when Manning fails and when Brady fails. It's never Brady's fault. It's always Manning's.

Good game, Patriots fans. Denver beat you. Clean. And Manning was doing everything he wanted. You guys tightened up in the redzone, but we intentionally were bleeding clock to counterbalance our overall strategy of making your running game a non-factor.

And Brady surprised me with some bad throws - especially on big plays. Had Manning played that way - or even played as well as he did and lost, the narrative would have been that he choked another game away.

The Narrative for a Brady loss? "The Patriots overcame a great deal and Tom doesn't have any receivers. It's incredible that they were even in the game. Just a tough team loss." I do think had Brady been working those outside throws more this season then he would have had better chemistry with his receivers. But obviously the Broncos were banking on that not being there. For all the talk of Belichick taking away what you "like to do" the tables were certainly turned for this game.

The fact is there were some big plays available - great calls that had guys open for six, and Brady missed. Big time.

I know people here are Patriots fans so I'm not expecting to sway anyone on thinking Manning is better or Brady sucks. And I don't necessarily even want to make that point, but there is a huge double standard when Manning fails and when Brady fails. It's never Brady's fault. It's always Manning's.

Yeah we should have had those injured receivers out there in practice running routes to develop chemistry with Brady. Absolutely.

This team had no right to go as far as they did. They were so banged up, not even funny.:sulk:

We earned the right to be where we were. They managed to exploit us in this game and we didn't run the ball on the outside enough.

Shit happens, but we have reasons to be pretty optimistic about next year as far as our defense goes. Lots of young players stepped up a lot this season and hopefully will continue to progress next year. Offensively we had a lot of reshuffling to do, but hopefully that pays off next year when we make the necessary changes to the offensive line.

I don't even want to begin to think what Scar could do with a bunch of legit NFL caliber starters on that line.

And the tight ends, wide outs, defensive line, safeties, another one or two pass rushers like Jamie Collins, etc.

Way too banged up this year to really do anything.

Hopefully the blame for a Denver loss in the SB will fall squarely and unquestionably on Wanker :dance:

Back