Corey Dillon to the Probowl

Dillon named to Pro Bowl roster

I guess all that's left, is for him to get a Superbowl Ring.
:D

Dillon named to Pro Bowl roster

New England Patriots running back Corey Dillon has been selected to participate in his fourth career Pro Bowl. Dillon is the sixth Patriots player on the AFC?s 2005 Pro Bowl roster, joining teammates Tom Brady, Tedy Bruschi, Larry Izzo, Richard Seymour and Adam Vinatieri.

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - New England Patriots running back Corey Dillon has been selected to participate in his fourth career Pro Bowl. Dillon is the sixth Patriots player on the AFC?s 2005 Pro Bowl roster, joining teammates Tom Brady, Tedy Bruschi, Larry Izzo, Richard Seymour and Adam Vinatieri. The six Patriots will represent the AFC in the NFL?s annual all-star game in Hawaii on Feb. 13. Dillon had previously earned Pro Bowl nods for three consecutive seasons from 1999-2001. The eight-year veteran was added to this year?s AFC Pro Bowl roster in place of Indianapolis Colts running back Edgerrin James, who will miss the game due to injury (back).

In 2004, Dillon turned in one of the finest seasons by any running back in the 45-year history of the Patriots franchise. He set the club?s single-season record with a career-high 1,635 rushing yards, besting the previous mark of 1,487 yards (Curtis Martin, 1995). Dillon achieved the feat despite missing a game due to injury, and his rushing total still ranked third in the NFL, just 62 yards behind Curtis Martin?s league-leading total. Dillon led the league with an average of 109.0 yards per game in which he played. He exceeded the 100-yard rushing plateau in nine separate games, tying Martin?s 1995 total for the most 100-yard games in a season in Patriots history. Dillon also set a career high with 12 rushing touchdowns, tying him for third in team history in that category.

Dillon?s productivity continued into the playoffs, as he totaled 217 yards in the Patriots? two playoff wins leading to their AFC championship. In his first career playoff game on Jan. 16, Dillon ran for 144 yards on 23 carries as the Patriots controlled the ball in a 20-3 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in the divisional playoffs. His 144 yards constitute the second highest single-game rushing total in Patriots playoff history.

The 6-foot-1-inch, 225-pounder was acquired by the Patriots from the Cincinnati Bengals in exchange for a 2004 second round draft pick (56th overall - FS Madieu Williams) on April 19, 2004. In his regular-season career, the 30-year-old has run for a total of 9,696 yards, placing him 18th in NFL history.
________
buy herbalaire

Merged two threads....

Does this kick in any bonus money for him?

YESSSSSSSSSS

Way to goooooo coreyyyy.. is so happy for dillon and the pats 6 players there now woooohoooo...:thumb:

This is great news, but harrison still got snubbed :mad: :banghead:

Phokus said:
This is great news, but Harrison still got snubbed :mad: :banghead:

Good point ....... I think we'll see pigs fly (aside from my ex-wife flying to FLA every summer) before Rodney gets to the Pro Bowl.

This is the one conspiracy theory that I give relevance to. They will never vote Harrison to the Pro Bowl. :grrr:

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
Good point ....... I think we'll see pigs fly (aside from my ex-wife flying to FLA every summer) before Rodney gets to the Pro Bowl.
        ROFL :LOL: :D :LOL: ROFL
________
Familia

I'm extremely happy for Corey because he deserves it, now all it's left is to get Rodney on the ProBowl team.:D o:) :thumb:

:patriots: :Redsox: :pat:

#1Patsfan_chica said:
I'm extremely happy for Corey because he deserves it, now all it's left is to get Rodney on the ProBowl team.:D o:) :thumb:

:patriots: :Redsox: :pat:

Am I the only one who thinks the Pro Bowl is as important as the suggestions of Andy Reid's dietician?

Related to Corey's success, ESPN's Len Pasquarelli has an article on the Pat's Offensive line.

Koppen (who I can't recall hearing from):
"I think the thing with us is that we really do care more about the outcome of games than about any individual honors. ... I know a lot of guys, a lot of linemen around the league, say that. The guys around here really mean it. It's more about the team's gain than our gain."

Andruzzi:
"It's more about wins than words. ... I mean, all of us are intelligent guys, and we can carry on an interview, sure. But it takes two to tango, you know? So if [the media] hasn't been buzzing around our linemen very much, it doesn't matter to us. There probably aren't many who know who we are anyway."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1983949

>> Am I the only one who thinks the Pro Bowl is as important as the suggestions of Andy Reid's dietician?

Haven't you noticed how often retired players are introduced as an x-times Pro Bowler? The players have to notice that. The Pro Bowl game itself seems relatively meaningless, but it's a time in Hawaii to play golf and socialize with the top competitors at their position, plus some retired Pro Bowlers.

Unfortunately, Dillon will not be going to the Pro Bowl. According to Michael Felger in the Boston Herald, he injured his groin near the end of the Super Bowl. He'll be replaced by Jerome Bettis.

That explains why he wasn't on the field for the last series.

Yes, according to DeOssie and Smerlas, Pro Bowl appearances do carry weight for HOF selections, dumb as that may sound at first read since it's essentially a popularity contest now, but it's *supposed* to reflect if you're the best at your position for that particular year, and if you have a lot of them, you're HOF material. So the lack of Pro Bowls for Tedy and other deserving guys could hurt them if they were ever considered for HOF, though the way people look at the Pats, only Tom Brady and Richard Seymour might be the only candidates from this incredible run! Incredible by itself!

bideau said:
Unfortunately, Dillon will not be going to the Pro Bowl. According to Michael Felger in the Boston Herald, he injured his groin near the end of the Super Bowl. He'll be replaced by Jerome Bettis.

That explains why he wasn't on the field for the last series.

Is it confirmed a groin injury bid? ESPN says Dillon isn't playing in the pro bowl and stayed home due to an undisclosed injury.

On one of his nice 4 quarter runs, when he was knocked out or bounds, he definitely winced and grabbed at his lower back.

Back