CW and ND

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
How about ole Charlie Weiss and Notre Dame?

I figured he would be good for the program there but I never expected this.

Should be a huge jump in the rankings for them this week.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't seen MGO yet. Maybe she's going to services today to ask for forgivness for all the awful names she called Charlie yesterday.

#54 said:
Haven't seen MGO yet. Maybe she's going to services today to ask for forgivness for all the awful names she called Charlie yesterday.

I was going to mention MGO. But I thought it best to not rub it in. :poke:

It is really weird to watch ND and recognize the same type of plays that we ran/run here.

I'm adopting them as one of my favorite college teams. They aren't perfect, but look transformed from where they were the last couple of years.

It's probably way early to put this out there but seeing the direction that he's got Notre Dame going in, could Charlie suddenly jump to the top of the list for possible NFL coaching jobs next year?

I know, I know.......Weis said this was his last coaching job. But Parcells said that many times and every time I hear a Charlie Weis sound byte, I am reminded of the Big Tuna.

It just dawned on me the other night that if Charlie's as successful as it looks like he'll be then Notre Dame will corner the market on Catholic players again, which will hurt BC.

So basically in a few years we'll all be saying, "Fuck Notre Dame", just like old times.

It's not like the Irish looked spectacular. Mich lost that game more than ND won it. Mich just kept shooting themselves in the foot. And Grady played well, but Hart getting hurt really hurt the Wolverines. And Henne sucks, as I've been saying since last year.

On the plus side for Mich... The defense looked much improved from the previous week, only allowing the Irish 17 pts.

I kept waiting for Carr to pull Henne and put Gutz into the game. I mean, for Christ's sake... He couldn't have done worse than Henne. :banghead: Coughing the ball up in the RZ... :shake: We sure as hell ain't gonna win that way. :banghead:

mgoblue101415 said:
It's not like the Irish looked spectacular. Mich lost that game more than ND won it.

Now why does that sound so familiar to me? Oh yeah, sounds like a fan of most the Patriots' opponents over the last couple of years. :D

Charlie is making his mark off the field as well.

...and the pundits said ND cannot recruit anymore since they have high academic standards. Wow.

Notre Dame lands standout recruit

Associated Press

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A Pennsylvania high school senior rated as one of the top defensive backs in the country has announced he will attend Notre Dame next fall.

Darrin Walls of Pittsburgh's Woodland Hills High School on Monday became the 19th high school senior to commit to Notre Dame for next season. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound Walls chose the Irish over Michigan, Florida and Pittsburgh.

Walls is rated as the 32nd-best player nationally by analyst Tom Lemming. He is the sixth top-100 player to commit to Notre Dame, joining quarterbacks Zach Frazer (10) and Demetrius Jones (33), running back James Aldridge (18), safety Sergio Brown (83) and cornerback Raeshon McNeil (91).
Lemming ranks only Texas' recruiting class ahead of Notre Dame.

Re: Charlie is making his mark off the field as well.

Originally posted by KenJr30
Notre Dame lands standout recruit

Thanks for this, although next time a link would be great.

I looked up some stuff. Here's a good site:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/recruiting/lemming-2006.htm

According to Lemming, Charlie has already lined up the #3 and #6 QBs, #3 RB, and two top 100 player ranked DBs.

:eek:

I gotta say, I historically disliked ND in favor of BC, but I never went to BC or anything, and I'm not that hardcore a college sports fan, so I'm basically rooting for CW for as long as he's there.

If ND plays BC, I'm not sure what I'll do, but safe to say those two are my top favorite teams, with USC a distant third due to Pete Carroll.

PatsFanDan said:
It's probably way early to put this out there but seeing the direction that he's got Notre Dame going in, could Charlie suddenly jump to the top of the list for possible NFL coaching jobs next year?

I know, I know.......Weis said this was his last coaching job. But Parcells said that many times and every time I hear a Charlie Weis sound byte, I am reminded of the Big Tuna.
Not a chance. I'll bet any amount of $$$ Weis stays at ND.

His wife and he are both happy. They prefer living in South Bend. Why uproot your happy family to run a professional team where you're under a microscope if you don't win a Super Bowl every season? Charlie has expressed a vision of staying at N.D. for 10+ years and having people say they were glad they hired him. He'll do it and retire a happy, happy man.

--James

I've never followed College ball much, but I'm really enjoying ND games. Man, they look just like the 2001 Patriots, and those kids are playing their butts off for Charlie.

After that Montana story broke you just had to know that everyone affiliated with ND embraced Charlie with heart and soul. Not only did they land a premier HC, but a premier Human Being, as well.

I don't know how all this silly College rating crap works, but ND was #11 or 13 last week - anyone know what they are now? And how can they be rated lower than a ranked team they beat? Stupid system. College should just go to a play-off system.

I think I'm more excited about the ND/USC game in 2 weeks than I am about the Pats , which is really saying something as the Pats are the only team I've ever followed.

Charlie w/ 2 weeks to prepare - I think the Irish wax the Trojans, regardless of the fact that USC has the 'talent' on their side.

Join the Pantheon

JamesLavin said:
Not a chance. I'll bet any amount of $$$ Weis stays at ND.

His wife and he are both happy. They prefer living in South Bend. Why uproot your happy family to run a professional team where you're under a microscope if you don't win a Super Bowl every season? Charlie has expressed a vision of staying at N.D. for 10+ years and having people say they were glad they hired him. He'll do it and retire a happy, happy man.

--James

Also, in the pros, how many franchises have more than one signature coach? With Green Bay, no coach will ever replace Lombardi in legend. I figure Belichick is apt to be canonized in New England some day. Notre Dame is different. Somehow, becoming part of the Notre Dame pantheon of coaches seems a greater honor than being the deified coach of a pro franchise.

But that might just be me.

It is such a treat to watch Weiss run an offense. It really doesn't get better then Mr. Jacked and pumped Vs Weiss.

God I love football

ND down by 4. :mad:

Ok five mins to go. bad decision to bring it out of the end zone on that kick off return.

Charlie and company can still take this thing. :thumb:

Go ND !

This could be one of the best College football games I have ever watched.

Back