Dallas and Pats

grog

Chief Instigation Officer
Reaction score
If fortune smiles and Darren McFadden is still on the board when the Pats are set to pick, does anyone think the Cowboys would give the Pats their 2 first round picks for this pick and if so, would you make that deal? Let's assume that Gholston and Long are both gone.

There have been rumors that Jones would perpetuate a trade such as this one and I'm sure BB/SP would both be ecstatic but Dallas would be crazy to trade two first for a running back.

That said I pray Jones is over infatuated with him and pulls the trigger.

There have been rumors that Jones would perpetuate a trade such as this one and I'm sure BB/SP would both be ecstatic but Dallas would be crazy to trade two first for a running back.

That said I pray Jones is over infatuated with him and pulls the trigger.

Does the departure of Julius Jones mean that Dallas would take the leap for McFadden (if available?)

According to the Draft Value Chart, Dallas would have to add in a 4th rounder to make it an even trade. And if the Cowboys are particularly desparate, the Patriots might be able to extort a 3rd, or multiple lower round picks. Which of course would be awesome for the Patriots. And exactly why the Cowboys wont do it.

they might.....

or they might not make that deal.

The jets might select mcfadden.....

or not.

Maybe the rams or falcons... maybe not.

Who knows?

It would be sick for the Pats to make this trade, and pick up an arsenal of DB's....

I don't get the impression that Dallas is infatuated with McFadden. I don't think they'd do it.

It could be a little subterfuge on Jones' part because he has gone overboard praising McFadden which is something that he has done in the past when he particularly likes a player (Roy Williams, Terrence Newman) but latest rumors on McFadden suggest that he has some significant character concerns that could cause him to drop to 7. The reason his fatuation in the guy is believable is simply because he has done it before, which almost nobody does. The guy does have a big ego, which is fair to say.

I'd call it a decent possibility and the Pats could very well be interested. I won't comment on what the scene would be like in the Pats war room watching Goodell standing there reading off a trade that would somewhat negate his penalty for Spygate. I would think the commish would be slightly embarassed, which would be solid fun to see and the Pats have shown a decided willingness to trade down several times in recent years.

One negative in making a move like this is what happened last year with promising rookies unable to stick on the roster. Maybe this year they decide an impact guy is preferable to multiple guys of possibly lesser quality.

Back