did the pats win?

This argument is weak. It just proves the Falcons didn't have what it takes to be a champion.

Relentlessness. Leadership. Mental toughness. Situational awareness. Trust in each other. Determination. Preparation.

The talk before the game was that the Falcons weren't built to come from behind. The Patriots showed them they weren't built to hold onto a substantial lead, either.

The Falcons blinked because NE stuck a finger in their eye.

This argument is weak. It just proves the Falcons didn't have what it takes to be a champion.

Relentlessness. Leadership. Mental toughness. Situational awareness. Trust in each other. Determination. Preparation.

The talk before the game was that the Falcons weren't built to come from behind. The Patriots showed them they weren't built to hold onto a substantial lead, either.

Quick question for the historians on the board.

How come when the NFL rhapsodizes about John Elway and 'The Drive' where the Broncos came from behind and scored a touchdown at the end of the 86 AFC championship, there was no heated debate about how the Browns had 'lost' the game as `opposed to the Broncos winning it?

Not taking anything away from Elway- 98 yards to end the game with roughly 5 minutes on the clock. It was an awesome accomplishment. I have never heard anyone trying to tear down Elway by blaming the Browns for blowing it.

I couldn't even keep Sirius NFL on today becuz all those guys could talk about was about the Falcons i did not hear them mention New England or how amazing the comeback was 1 single ****ing time I had to turn it off.

You know what I got to say about all of them.

**** em! They can all go **** themselves! The New England Patriots erased a 25 point deficit with tom Brady leading the way. Tom Brady put on the greatest comeback and QB performance in a super bowl ever and the defense shut out the vaunted crappy birds offense in the second half ( or close to it). Screw the play calls they were suppose to be such a great passing offense anyway so?

**** YOU NFL AND EVERYBODY ELSE. GREATEST COMEBACK IN NFL HISTORY AND TOM BRADY IS THE GOAT

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

And those sad little fans across the country who don't like the pats and are just jealous. **** YOU WE WIN!

All you have to say is "5"... :coffee:

That Pete fella sounds like Marshall Faulk...:coffee:

The refs can help fix games...but, it's pretty much impossible to make that Edelman catch last night.

You really have to feel somewhat sorry for people that are THAT stupid. Even I do, and I'm about as extreme and unforgiving an asshole as you will find anywhere on this planet.

How come when the NFL rhapsodizes about John Elway and 'The Drive' where the Broncos came from behind and scored a touchdown at the end of the 86 AFC championship, there was no heated debate about how the Browns had 'lost' the game as `opposed to the Broncos winning it?

Not taking anything away from Elway- 98 yards to end the game with roughly 5 minutes on the clock. It was an awesome accomplishment. I have never heard anyone trying to tear down Elway by blaming the Browns for blowing it.

Because back then people didn't have the internet to express their juvenile opinions via their keyboard. People didn't bitch about every little thing either. Back then, and even today, people and media appreciated the legendary performance by Elway. People didn't make excuses, and were accountable and responsible

Apparently facts are lost on people because the game I watched the other night had Brady lead the Patriots on a 91 yard drive for a TD, in the 4th Quarter. Nobody really seemed to give the Patriots credit for their 10 point 4th Quarter comeback against he Seahawks either.

People are whiny bitches

They'll complain that the Patriots couldn't win a SB without their kicker, yet the Giants winning a SB on a missed FG was the best thing ever

People just don't want to give the Patriots credit for anything

Anybody that knows me well, both here and in the real world, knows how much I absoFUKKINGlutely HATE fantasy football. THIS^^^ right here is one of the myriad of reasons why I think it has damaged the sport to the insane degree that it has. All people do is look at the numbers and take all of the intangibles out of the equation. It's the intangibles that MAKE the equation. Think of Tom Hanks's line from 'A League of their own'- "it's the hard that makes it great". Winning is hard. If it wasn't everybody could do it.

because Mr. Ed was the #1 overall pick. He was supposed to be great.

Because back then people didn't have the internet to express their juvenile opinions via their keyboard. People didn't bitch about every little thing either. Back then, and even today, people and media appreciated the legendary performance by Elway. People didn't make excuses, and were accountable and responsible

Apparently facts are lost on people because the game I watched the other night had Brady lead the Patriots on a 91 yard drive for a TD, in the 4th Quarter. Nobody really seemed to give the Patriots credit for their 10 point 4th Quarter comeback against he Seahawks either.

People are whiny bitches

They'll complain that the Patriots couldn't win a SB without their kicker, yet the Giants winning a SB on a missed FG was the best thing ever

People just don't want to give the Patriots credit for anything

NFL fans in general-

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WPMMNvYTEyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think it's because back then, the only people who watched football were football fans. I remember when sports were for people who had nothing better or important to do with their time. Thanks (not) to the NFL's push to appeal to everyone, all you need is the money to buy a ticket (and be seen!!!) The stands are full of narcissists.

The pre-game talk shows also make everyone an instant expert. Even though the experts are often full of sh*t. But that doesn't stop people from parroting their opinions.

Why do you think football is so appealing to the wine and cheese crowd?
Can you even picture any of them sitting in Schaefer or Foxboro Stadiums?

The NFL of today owes a huge debt to the hoi-polloi, who supported it through its leanest years.

There is. Every year. Trust me.

This

But people would rather make excuses

The pre-game talk shows also make everyone an instant expert. Even though the experts are often full of sh*t. But that doesn't stop people from parroting their opinions.

Excellent point. The casual, clueless fan tunes in and hears idiots like Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, Bart Scott, Kurt Warner, Tony Gonzalez (who all have one thing in common...the Pats beat them) et al just :blah: non-stop about the Pats cheating, the Pats not having the same talent levels all the way around :blah: and they buy in to that shit. It's embarrassing for everybody involved.

When I think about the Pats now, I think of Schilling's "mystique and aura" comment about the Yankees back in the day. You really are like that team at its peak - half of the game is won before the teams even step on the field.

You could see that w/ Atlanta. Against any other QB or team, they're not even thinking about it at 28-3. That game probably ends up a 42-10 rout against just about anyone else. But once Brady started putting drives together, it got in their heads. They were tight.

It will be like that as long as Brady & BB are there - even more at this point, because of what happened on Sunday. Mystique & aura are a good thing for a team to have (as is great preparation & all of the situational football stuff, which is why the Pats are able to pounce as soon as another team blinks).

When I think about the Pats now, I think of Schilling's "mystique and aura" comment about the Yankees back in the day. You really are like that team at its peak - half of the game is won before the teams even step on the field.

You could see that w/ Atlanta. Against any other QB or team, they're not even thinking about it at 28-3. That game probably ends up a 42-10 rout against just about anyone else. But once Brady started putting drives together, it got in their heads. They were tight.

It will be like that as long as Brady & BB are there - even more at this point, because of what happened on Sunday. Mystique & aura are a good thing for a team to have (as is great preparation & all of the situational football stuff, which is why the Pats are able to pounce as soon as another team blinks).

one of the media talking heads said yesterday (think it was Greeny or Golic, not sure) said something about hearing the footsteps. Atlanta opened the door, and those footsteps meant Brady was coming. The guys on the field don't look at it the way the idiots in the stands and on the internet do. Half the guys currently in the league grew up watching TFB become TFB...even though these guys are pros there HAS to be some kind of psychological affect that comes with that. Joe Flacco, Ben, Alex Smith...even Drew Brees...NONE of those guys are going to have that kind of affect on you. If even the slightest bit of "oh fukk" enters their minds they're toast.

The average idiot fan just doesn't understand the psychological aspect of the game. They think it's all zero sum gain.

Back