Don Yee: "Tom regularly recycles phones:

I originally thought the whole phone thing was just a fishing expedition but after reading the article bid just linked in the other thread I realized it wasn't even that. It's just a bullshit move the evil one come up with to **** Brady and cover his own ass.

The league never gave a shit about it until they decided it was a nice garnish to stir up indignation when the "appeal" was released.

This I agree with completely.

selective press coverage in your area?
Other than the comedic value of watching the Pats go through this, I honestly just don't care enough about deflated footballs to eat up every word or story that comes out. Training camp has started! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Other than the comedic value of watching the Pats go through this, I honestly just don't care enough about deflated footballs to eat up every word or story that comes out. Training camp has started! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

This is my take away from this whole thing.

I thought Spygate was totally blown out of proportion because Roger was pissed that BB defied a league order, period (I also believe the tapes were destroyed after a gag order was negotiated with Belichick because in most of the tapes neither on the 2 teams on the field was the Pats... the best use of those tapes was to trade). 31 other teams bought what the NFL was selling and Roger walked away happy.

Boutygate comes along, and I fell into the trap of thinking "glad it's not my team". The Saints "cooperate" because they were supposed to get a draft pick back if they did, but that never happened. 1 fan base pissed off, 31 bought what the NFL was selling Roger goes to the beach.

Bullygate happens and I was as guilty as anyone of buying the leagues version of events. We all got to meet Mr Wells, 1 fan group pissed, 31 buying what the league is selling, and Roger looks like a "good cop"

So now the carousel stops once again on my team.

Except now I realize something. The league isn't interested in facts, or truth or anything else. They can manufacture the outrage, then justify whatever they want to do because 31/32 of the fans will clap at some other poor team getting the shaft.

So you know what, someday Rogers wheel of fortune might stop on YOUR team. Some shit will go down, the office will get into it, maybe they'll have ****ed up something recently and need a distraction and you'll be the one to win this time.

The rest of the league will point at you and shout "bully" or "Cheater" or "whatever" and then you'll get it, but it will be too late.

I ain't buying anything anymore. Roger and his minions will blow shit out of proportion or just create it from thin air if they need too. Even if it's the Jets down the road, I ain't buying.

Back