Eddie Van Halen RIP

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/eddie-van-halen-dead

Eddie Van Halen, legendary rock guitarist, dead at 65

Van Halen's son, Wolf, confirmed the news on Tuesday.

Mariah Haas9 mins ago
Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines for October 6Video
Legendary rock guitarist, Eddie Van Halen, has died. He was 65.

Van Halen's son, Wolf, confirmed the news on Tuesday.

"I can't believe I'm having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning," he wrote on Twitter.

"He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I've shared with him on stage and off stage was a gift."

"My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss."

"I love you so much, Pop," Wolf concluded.

Oh bummer. He had such an influence on so many. I never saw them live, but VH was always a staple of my classic rock collection. He will be missed.

A genuine Rock N'Roll legend. Panama is one of the great 80's classic rock tunes.

WTF?? Say it isn't so........:sulk:

On the one hand, 65 is way to young, but on the other, 65 is a ripe old age for these crazy Rockers.Great guitar, RIP.

Cheers

Damn. "VanHalen" is still one of my favorite albums ever. Great driving music. Great pissed off music. Great having fun music. Hard to believe he was 65. r.i.p.

I can't even imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen. I'm shattered. Not Neil Peart shattered, but shattered, still

Was a huge Halen fan. To this day the best show I’ve seen. 1984 tour. Providence Civic Center.

Opened with Unchained. Spotlight on Eddie for the absolutely incredible opening riff, to all lights on and Roth jumping off Alex’s set.

Closed with an absolute raucous Ain’t Talkin Bout Love.

It was phenomenal.

Don’t listen often now. A lot of that era I loved I’m not into much now. But he was an awesome performer, a captivating guitarist, and always seemed like a jovial good guy.

This one hits hard. He was such an influence on musicians and bands back in the day. We all wanted to sound like Van Halen and all the guitarists in every band wanted to be like Van Halen. He will truly be missed. A true guitar virtuoso. Happy Trails Ed....

120765177_1721098358067853_5184514540491310894_n.jpg

13 freaking minutes of mastery and bliss.

Rest In Peace, Eddie. You are a rock god. wuv

Didn't know this til a friend just told me or maybe did and didn't remember but Eddie buried his original black and yellow [FONT=Segoe UI Historic, Segoe UI, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Frankenstrat with Pantera's Dimebag Darrell Abbott.

He said originals should always be together. wuv

And OMG, such originals they were.

Both cut down too young.

Heartbreaking.
[/FONT]maxresdefault.jpg

Back