ESPN readying "hit piece" on the Pats dynasty

Clay

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The article claims that the rift is so severe many Patriots feel this is the last year together for the trio. Also that Brady went to Kraft to force Belichick to trade Jimmy G. ESPN is planning a full day of promotion tomorrow for the article and its author <a href="https://twitter.com/SethWickersham?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SethWickersham</a></p>— Bruce Allen (@bruceallen) <a href="https://twitter.com/bruceallen/status/949069691691130880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well Colin Cowherd and Albert Breer have been pushing this Canard about there being a "rift" for a while now. Cowherd thinks Belichick traded Garoppolo and Brissett to make sure the Pats have no future when he leaves suddenly.

All the other hater fans out there always use the "the Pats will be shit again when Belichick and Brady leave." They seem to forget we have the best owner in the league. It's not like we're rockin Jimmy Haslem or something. Will there be a drop off? Of course, but we're not going to be the Browns IMO.

Come on people, it's ESPN for gods sake. lol

The idea that ESPN has some inside track to such information is laughable in the extreme.

This is pure fantasy by a network that is really on the outs in NE, other than maybe Mike Reiss. If anything this is an active attempt to undermine the Patriots success out of malice.

ESPN gets less breaking news right than CNN.

Will it be authored by the expert on the Patriots hating their coach?
His last hit piece was in 2003.

The Patriots are 176-47 in the regular season since then.
They are 22-9 in the playoffs with 4 Super Bowl wins and 6 Super Bowl appearances.

Sorry if I don't read the garbage they post tomorrow.

The Cleveland Browns are better at football than ESPN is at breaking news.

Do they even have press credentials still?

No clicks for me. There’s no way they have sources. It’ll be a speculative bomb toss with unnamed sources.

Ever notice this shit always comes out during the playoffs? What a coincidence. :coffee:

Can't wait to read this spin on this nonsense.

We know Brady encouraged the trade bc he felt threatened.
We know Brady told Kraft and BB he intended to keep playing.
Ok. So? That's nothing.

Credit for dynasty? That will be chock full of spin. Truth is, all 3 have contributed to the dynasty by doing their jobs...well. It's impossible to remove any 1 of them and see the same degree of success with any certainty. We all have opinions as to BB, Brady or Kraft being more important to the dynasty.

Here's my argument, not that it matters.

Kraft brought BB in which was courageous and shrewd. He also stepped aside and allowed BB to do things his way. Without Kraft we wouldn't have BB but unless you can tell me Kraft knew for certain BB would create a dynasty, Kraft can't be credited for the dynasty.

That leaves BB and Brady. Both are the GOAT at their job.

BB fills so many roles - coach, GM, personnel, accountant, economist - BB is the brains of the team. Could BB have done it with another QB? My answer is yes, he's smart enough to get there another way. After all, BB did it with Brady before Brady became TFB for at least the first 2 SBs and arguably the 3rd. No doubt he could do it in my mind.

Brady did it on the field building a career with unbelievable stats. All Pats fans believe TB is the GOAT. Could he have done it with another coach? More to the point, would he have been given the opportunity? BB drafted him and kept him on the roster as the 4th QB. Would another coach have kept him? BB put him ahead of Bledsoe; would another coach have made that call? Otoh, Brady has demanded less money for years - that counts on his side for sure.

Brady has been the best player ever in my mind. His contribution has been huge but in the end no player is more important than the team BB has built and rebuilt year after year after year. BB would have found a way.

I have a hard time thinking there's any jealousy. 3 logical and smart men - I don't buy it.

Forced to vote, I'd say BB then Brady then Kraft. All have built great legacies that stand on their own but combined, those legacies have created a dynasty much better than the sum of its parts.

Most credit for the dynasty?
Other than the author, who gives a shit.
I'm just happy to have been a fan when it happened.

My dog is a more credible source than ESPN when it comes to the Pats. This is sensational BS meant for the lowest and dumbest of sports fans. Naturally, those fools will eat up this garbage.

I saw a tweet from Bruce Allen saying the story is going to focus on the rift being a power struggle for who deserves the most credit for all of the success. Sure sounds like Bill, Brady, and Kraft.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ok. So? That's nothing.

Credit for dynasty? That will be chock full of spin. Truth is, all 3 have contributed to the dynasty by doing their jobs...well. It's impossible to remove any 1 of them and see the same degree of success with any certainty. We all have opinions as to BB, Brady or Kraft being more important to the dynasty.

Kraft brought BB in which was courageous and shrewd. He also stepped aside and allowed BB to do things his way. Without Kraft we wouldn't have BB but unless you can tell me Kraft knew for certain BB would create a dynasty, Kraft can't be credited for the dynasty.

BB fills so many roles - coach, GM, personnel, accountant, economist - BB is the brains of the team. Could BB have done it with another QB? My answer is yes, he's smart enough to get there another way. After all, BB did it with Brady before Brady became TFB for at least the first 2 SBs and arguably the 3rd. No doubt he could do it in my mind.

Brady did it on the field building a career with unbelievable stats. All Pats fans believe TB is the GOAT. Could he have done it with another coach? More to the point, would he have been given the opportunity? BB drafted him and kept him on the roster as the 4th QB. Would another coach have kept him? BB put him ahead of Bledsoe; would another coach have made that call? Otoh, Brady has demanded less money for years - that counts on his side for sure.

Brady has been the best player ever in my mind. His contribution has been huge but in the end no player is more important than the team BB has built and rebuilt year after year after year. BB would have found a way.

I have a hard time thinking there's any jealousy. 3 logical and smart men - I don't buy it.

Forced to vote, I'd say BB then Brady then Kraft. All have built great legacies that stand on their own but combined, those legacies have created a dynasty much better than the sum of its parts.

Actually I read that Brady did not push for any trade at all. BB has never done anything on this team that he was forced to do by the owner.

The only idiot who cares about his credit for multiple championships is Scottie Pippen.
I can't think of another human who cares about street cred for their rings.

Ok. So? That's nothing.

I am not sure there is a another QB that would have done what Brady did, because I have never seen one. Take less money for the team? Let receivers go without saying anything? Not hold the team hostage? Change his game almost every week depending on gameplan? Make himself better at something to hide bad area's on the team like the oline? Oh its the receivers no wait its the TE's no wait its the backs. I just have not seen another QB do that or be willing to.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...g-belichick-trade-garoppolo-article-1.3738501

0CEKq4E.png

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those asking preemptive questions, regardless of what you might read/hear Friday, Tom Brady never pushed for Jimmy G to be dealt</p>— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/949087463921934336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Actually I read that Brady did not push for any trade at all. BB has never done anything on this team that he was forced to do by the owner.

as I said, this was untrue, and it seems someone got a hold of ESPN and told them because they changed some format ...

ProFootballTalk‏
Verified account

@ProFootballTalk
Following
Following @ProFootballTalk

More
ESPN story about Patriots is coming; per source, ESPN report will not claim Tom Brady tried to force Jimmy G. trade

Brady let it be known to Kraft that he felt threatened and that he was concerned it was him who would be traded. Brady also told Kraft and BB he planned to play another 4-5 years. Kraft then told BB he didn't want to pay JG 25M to sit on the bench. JG wouldn't sign a reasonable contract. BB held on to him as long as possible. JG ultimately forced BB to trade him with encouragement from Brady through Kraft.

Brady let it be known to Kraft that he felt threatened and that he was concerned it was him who would be traded. Brady also told Kraft and BB he planned to play another 4-5 years. Kraft then told BB he didn't want to pay JG 25M to sit on the bench. JG wouldn't sign a reasonable contract. BB held on to him as long as possible. JG ultimately forced BB to trade him with encouragement from Brady through Kraft.

So JG forced BB to trade him? That's a bit different than Brady forced the trade isn't it? Also now all of the sudden ESPN is pulling that part of the story that Brady forced the trade...

Back