Fantasy Dilemma

PatsFanDan

Reaction score
ok all....I have a serious dilemma for a Defensive play this week. And it looks to be a close match with my opponent so could be the difference between a W or L. Not many good FA options available.

Atlanta versus Dallas
Cleveland versus GB
Oakland versus NYJ

Atlanta is my starting D currently. But I'm concerned CB Williams is out this week.

GB is probably going to put up some points on Cleveland but the O-line for GB is suspect and we could see some turnovers as a result.

As for Oakland, well Dick Seymour did predict they are going to the playoffs and we established last week that Sanchez may one day break Favre's INT record. But Thomas Jones may have a field day against Chokeland's run D.

Should I take my chances with Atlanta? Any thoughts?

Damn! This isn't a sechs thread involving two twin coeds and a can of reddi whip, complete with pictures!
I am so disappointed.

If the only question is which defense you play, Green Bay wins I think. Cleveland's offense is atrocious. GBs D should get some turnovers and not give up many scores.

If the only question is which defense you play, Green Bay wins I think. Cleveland's offense is atrocious. GBs D should get some turnovers and not give up many scores.

I dont think GB is his choice, Cleveland is.Dan, check your rep!

It really all depends on your scoring format. In Annihilus's league, he'd take Oakland.

ATL is playing AT Dallas.
CLE sucks, regardless of how bad GB's O-Line is.
OAK could pick off Sanchez, and while it is true that Thomas could run all over OAK, what you're (probably) looking for is sacks & ints to get your points. This is probably your best chance for those kinds of points (but, again, it all depends on your scoring formats).

Annihilus is still debating on Cedric Benson or Brian Westbrook (leaning towards Benson, tho).

From that list I'd probably take my chances with Atlanta, none of those are exactly great options though.

No points for sacks in my league....it's INT, FR, TD scored and of course you get points depending on how many points the team allows.

I'm thinking Cleveland or Oakland over Atlanta and yes, no good options. I made the mistake of drafting Tennessee's D and had to kick them to the curb after only a couple of weeks. It's killing me now obviously though I am 3-3 in my league. Brady saved my bacon last week or I would be 2-4.

Thanks for the insight guys.

No points for sacks in my league....it's INT, FR, TD scored and of course you get points depending on how many points the team allows.

I'm thinking Cleveland too and yes, no good options. I made the mistake of drafting Tennessee's D and had to kick them to the curb after only a couple of weeks. It's killing me now obviously though I am 3-3 in my league. Brady saved my bacon last week or I would be 2-4.

Thanks for the insight guys.

What is the point threshold for points allowed by the D?

The Jets will probably score the least of all three teams going up against your defenses, in addition, they are an east coast team traveling to the west coast with a rookie QB.

YTD Points scored for each:
Jets: 114
Dallas: 122
Green Bay: 130

Just goes to show you that you can overanalyze everything in FF ROFL

1x1clear.gif
TGIASM 4-2-0

"Football is a game of field position. If you're moving forward and not backward then you're probably doing pretty good."

<TABLE id=statTable1 class=teamtable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR class=headerRow0 vAlign=bottom><TH class="pos first"> </TH><TH class=player> </TH><TH class=opp> </TH><TH class=gametime> </TH><TH class="group last" title=Points colSpan=2>Points
</TH></TR><TR class=headerRow1 vAlign=bottom><TH class="pos first">Pos
</TH><TH class=player>Player
</TH><TH class=opp>Opp
</TH><TH class=gametime>Status
</TH><TH class="stat wide">Projected
</TH><TH class="pts stat last">Actual
</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class="odd first"><TD class="pos first">QB</TD><TD class=player>Peyton Manning
(Ind - QB)
</TD><TD class=opp>@StL</TD><TD class=gametime>W, 42-6</TD><TD class="stat wide">25</TD><TD class="pts stat last">30</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class="pos first">WR</TD><TD class=player>Roddy White
(Atl - WR)
</TD><TD class=opp>@Dal</TD><TD class=gametime>Q1 1:30, 7-0</TD><TD class="stat wide">13</TD><TD class="pts stat last">8</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class="pos first">WR</TD><TD class=player>Marques Colston
(NO - WR)
</TD><TD class=opp>@Mia</TD><TD class=gametime>Q1 4:47, 3-13</TD><TD class="stat wide">12</TD><TD class="pts stat last">1</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class="pos first">RB</TD><TD class=player>DeAngelo Williams
(Car - RB)
</TD><TD class=opp>Buf</TD><TD class=gametime>Q2 12:54, 0-7</TD><TD class="stat wide">18</TD><TD class="pts stat last">5</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class="pos first">RB</TD><TD class=player>Steven Jackson
(StL - RB)
</TD><TD class=opp>Ind</TD><TD class=gametime>L, 42-6</TD><TD class="stat wide">12</TD><TD class="pts stat last">13</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class="pos first">TE</TD><TD class=player>Tony Gonzalez
(Atl - TE)
</TD><TD class=opp>@Dal</TD><TD class=gametime>Q1 1:30, 7-0</TD><TD class="stat wide">10</TD><TD class="pts stat last">1</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class="pos first">W/T</TD><TD class=player>Santonio Holmes
(Pit - WR)
</TD><TD class=opp>Min</TD><TD class=gametime>W, 27-17</TD><TD class="stat wide">8</TD><TD class="pts stat last">5</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class="pos first">W/R</TD><TD class=player>Rashard Mendenhall
(Pit - RB) P
</TD><TD class=opp>Min</TD><TD class=gametime>W, 27-17</TD><TD class="stat wide">10</TD><TD class="pts stat last">3</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class="pos first">K</TD><TD class=player>Lawrence Tynes
(NYG - K)
</TD><TD class=opp>Ari</TD><TD class=gametime>Sun
6:20 pm
</TD><TD class="stat wide">10</TD><TD class="pts stat last">0</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class="pos first">DEF</TD><TD class=player>Carolina
(Car - DEF)
</TD><TD class=opp>Buf</TD><TD class=gametime>Q2 12:54, 0-7</TD><TD class="stat wide">14</TD><TD class="pts stat last">5</TD></TR><TR class="odd last"><TD class="pos first">Total</TD><TD class=player> </TD><TD class=opp> </TD><TD class=gametime> </TD><TD class="stat wide">132</TD><TD class="pts stat last">71

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
...I only have 71 points so far. I'm bummed.

Well....went with Cleveland who pulled a goose egg.

Atlanta - 1 pt
Raiders - minus 2

It turns out the best FA play would have been Miami who came up with 12 points even after giving up 46 to the Saints. Who'd a thunk it?

Thankfully....Ochocinco and Brady put me over the top again this week.

Back