Fantasy Football Help

TBrownslady

BINGO!
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I wanted to ask some of you your opinion on a couple of my players that I should start this week.

I have Clinton Portis and Tatum Bell. Now I had Portis in but even though he is going to start they are saying he will have limited play and be sharing it with Betts. Also Washington is playing Miami and well I know the Miami D will slow em down.

On the other hand I have Tatum Bell who is playing Oakland.

So as of right now I have Tatum Bell in my lineup instead of the other 2 for this week. Normally I would go for Portis but it makes more sense to me to go with Bell this week. What do you all think? By the way the first team I am playing has LT :(

Tatum Bell is also not my number one RB I got Steven Jackson.

If you guys wanna keep this thread going and want to post any questions you have that you want some opinions on please feel free to use it!!!

I am in a money league with a bunch of guys and I told them I am not holding back this year! I got my gloves on and I'm ready to win. They will feel the wrath of this lady :) of course with the advice from some of you smarty pants here and there as well!

I think you have a sound strategy. Plus, Bell will be the focal point. With Martz in Detroit and those receivers they got up there, I think Tatum Bell is an underrated player this year. Detroit traded for him after all and Mike Martz might just give him the Marshall Faulk treatment. I grabbed him in my big money league this year. Btw, i also have Steven Jackson in that league.

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

I haven't put in my lineup yet, and I'm sure I'll be looking up some RB advice myself....I have 6 of them, and they are all split carry/potential starter types, so I have some tough decisions.

I drafted last in my league, a keeper league, so the top 23 backs were already off of the board when I got to pick, thus my predicament.

Bill Simmons had it right when he said you should be able to draft a TEAM running game, just like how you draft a team defense.

There are ust too many teams that split carries with another back for it to be fair. I mean, who's going to get more rushing yards, a Ladainian Tomlinson/Shaun Alexander or a Clinton Portis/Kevin Jones/Julius Jones/whatever back splits carries with another "1-A" type of back?

I'm all for Team running backs in fantasy football.

Heres my Running Backs:

Steven Jackson vs Carolina

DeAngelo Williams @ St Louis
Jerious Norwood @ Minnesota
Kevin Jones vs Oakland

Steven Jackson was a no brainer.

Kevin Jones was a desparation pick when the two guys i was eyeing in the 14th round got picked the two picks immediately preceding mine. I dont anticipate using him unless someone gets hurt. I think my byes work out that i wont have to use him, if i dont want to.

Norwood should get most of the carries with Dunn hurt, but they are playing Minnesota, and i want to see how the Falcons respond before i start him. But the couple of times i watched the Falcons last year he looked like a stud. I was eyeing him to draft from the very moment i signed up. Im hoping he turns out to be a sleeper this year :)

So that leaves DeAngelo Williams. One of my draft strategies was to draft some Panthers players, since i am force fed Panthers games. Steve Smith and the Panther defense were scooped up a pick or two before i was going to take them. (Yeah i got scooped like 5 times in my draft...pissed me off something awful) DeShawn Foster is always hurt, so i grabbed up Williams.

I dont know if i did good or i did bad, but thats my story.

To answer the original question, i have some genetic predisposition to not trust the Lions offense to do anything positive. So stating Bell would be hard for me, even though they are playing the Spayders. But its probably the right call

Okay, I can't believe I'm soliciting advice for this but I'm really fricken torn on this trade and don't know whether or not I should accept it.

I won't say which part of the trade I'm getting, so just look at the trade and let me know which person should keep their group.

I will mention that my other WRs & RBs

Houshmandzadeh
Mason
Driver
Avant

Brandon Jackson
Musa Smith

So knowing that which of the following should I take/keep...

TO
Gore
Chris Brown

or

Alexander
Rudi
Roy Williams

Anyone any suggestions??? Which is the better threesome?

mgoblue101415 on 09-21-2007 at 11:25 PM said:

TO
Gore
Chris Brown

or

Alexander
Rudi
Roy Williams

The second group to me is the better of the two. I won't say it's a blowout (especially if your league gives points for receptions), but still it's a pretty clear choice to me. All of group 2 are potential #1 starters in any league. Chris Brown on the other hand is not a starter until he gets the bulk of the carries and there's no guarantee that will happen.

Bushy T Beaver on 09-21-2007 at 10:33 PM said:
The second group to me is the better of the two. I won't say it's a blowout (especially if you league gives points for receptions), but still it's a pretty clear choice to me.

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was thinking.

I'm not sold on Brown and if SF can't get any kind of passing game going I think Gore's numbers are going to drop a bit since every D they play are going to be stacking the line.

And to give up Alexander and Rudi for that..... I mean, TO over Williams would be good but I don't like the trade of RBs.

TO
Gore
Chris Brown

or

Alexander
Rudi
Roy Williams

Don't really know FF but if it were me I'd prefer
TO (with the Dallas D and Glenn gone he is the go to guy)
Gore (SF has no passing game and the Div. is up for grabs)
Chris Brown (Again, no WR options for VY and a weak div. and LenWhale will hold up?)

Alexander (Prove it to me again, he's aging quickly)
Rudi (When your D sux, you're playing from behind and not running the ball when you have CJ, TJ, and Carson see wk 2)
Roy Williams (They are the Lions, and besides, there is a guy there named Calvin, and Mike Furrey....and they are the Lions)

Ok....who does Annihilus start in his money league:

Deuce McAllister against Ten

or

Sammy Morris against Buf

Normally Deuce would be starting, but NO has been sucking hind tit and who knows how long Maroney will be playing against the Bills and Sammy gets a lot of the goal line carries anyway.

Annihilus is leaning towards Sammy...

While we're at it, which defense: Chargers, Boys or Broncs

Chargers @GB Sun (Brett is prone to throwing picks)
Cowboys @CHI (Grossman sucks)
Broncos JAC (Jacksonville plain sucks)

Annihilus* on 09-22-2007 at 12:15 AM said:

or

Sammy Morris against Buf

Normally Deuce would be starting, but NO has been sucking hind tit and who knows how long Maroney will be playing against the Bills and Sammy gets a lot of the goal line carries anyway.

I have a feeling Deuce is going to bust out this week... maybe next.
New Orleans HAS to start letting him pound the ball in order to get their offense back on track.
So it IS going to happen sooner or later.

I'd go with the Donkey defense this weekend too.

Jags offense is horendous this year.

Okay, I can't believe I'm soliciting advice for this but I'm really fricken torn on this trade and don't know whether or not I should accept it.

I won't say which part of the trade I'm getting, so just look at the trade and let me know which person should keep their group.

I will mention that my other WRs & RBs

Houshmandzadeh
Mason
Driver
Avant

Brandon Jackson
Musa Smith

So knowing that which of the following should I take/keep...

TO
Gore
Chris Brown

or

Alexander
Rudi
Roy Williams

As much as I love Gore, I'd still take the second group with Rudi and Alexander along with Roy Williams. I mean, that's a fantasic RB1, RB2 and WR1 (or 2) for a FF team.

I like TO and Gore is a beast but Chris Brown? He's proven nothing in his career and already sharing carries with LenDale White. Look, if you're sharing time with LenDale White, that doesn't speak very highly of your ability.

I'm guessing you already have the second group and were offered the first group and someone is trying to sell high on Brown.

Fully* Tilted* on 09-22-2007 at 10:28 AM said:
As much as I love Gore, I'd still take the second group with Rudi and Alexander along with Roy Williams. I mean, that's a fantasic RB1, RB2 and WR1 (or 2) for a FF team.

I like TO and Gore is a beast but Chris Brown? He's proven nothing in his career and already sharing carries with LenDale White. Look, if you're sharing time with LenDale White, that doesn't speak very highly of your ability.

I'm guessing you already have the second group and were offered the first group and someone is trying to sell high on Brown.

That's pretty solid advice right there. Annihilus agrees.

Plus Gore broke his hand a while back and you never know when that injury is going to resurface.

Annihilus* on 09-22-2007 at 12:15 AM said:

or

Sammy Morris against Buf

I also own Deuce and even though I drafted him in the 6th round, he's still been a disappointment.

Still, I start Deuce. We both know that you just don't know who's going to get touches for NE. And MOrris may only see 3 carries.

I think one of NO's biggest problems is that they're not getting Deuce the ball enough. 10 carries last week on 46 yards and they never went to him again. I can't figure out why based on the math.

With pressure to win, as an unexpected 0-2 team, I think they go back to what works which is around 20 touches for Deuce and Bush and they remember what it was like to play winning football.

I go with the 'Boys on D personally because you know you can count on at least one INT from Grossman along with a number of sacks.

Just turn your head when the Bears D scores their lone TD. :D

Annihilus* on 09-22-2007 at 11:31 AM said:
That's pretty solid advice right there. Annihilus agrees.

Plus Gore broke his hand a while back and you never know when that injury is going to resurface.

Meh.....I just talk a good game. I'm 0-2. Ignore everything I say! :D

Donovan McNabb vs the Lions
or
Jeff Garcia vs the Rams?

Steven Jackson vs Tampa Bay
or
Deshaun Foster vs Atlanta?

SteelerFan87 on 09-22-2007 at 10:45 PM said:
Donovan McNabb vs the Lions
or
Jeff Garcia vs the Rams?

Steven Jackson vs Tampa Bay
or
Deshaun Foster vs Atlanta?

Steven Jackson for sure. I know he's performed way below expectations so far, but it's too early to abandon a premier #1 back for a low end #3.

McNabb vs Garcia is trickier. I have McNabb on two teams and have benched him on both. I think McNabb is more likely than Garcia to have a big day, but he's also more likely to bomb. So maybe I'd make the choice based on the team you're playing against this week--if you think you need big numbers from your QB to win, then maybe I'd roll the dice and go with McNabb. But if all you need from your QB is an adequate "just don't fug up" performance then I'd go with Garcia.

Bushy T Beaver on 09-22-2007 at 11:40 PM said:
Steven Jackson for sure. I know he's performed way below expectations so far, but it's too early to abandon a premier #1 back for a low end #3.

McNabb vs Garcia is trickier. I have McNabb on two teams and have benched him on both. I think McNabb is more likely than Garcia to have a big day, but he's also more likely to bomb. So maybe I'd make the choice based on the team you're playing against this week--if you think you need big numbers from your QB to win, then maybe I'd roll the dice and go with McNabb. But if all you need from your QB is an adequate "just don't fug up" performance then I'd go with Garcia.

Thanks!
LOL, I just checked, and my opponent's QBs are Rex Grossman and Trent Green. His WRs are mediocre, and while he has Willie Parker and the Steelers D, both of whom I think are going to do very well this week, he doesn't really have anything else. So I'll go with Garcia.

Back