First Trip to Recreational Dispensary

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
So I took my first trip into a local dispensary yesterday. I’d been to a location a few towns over but couldn’t get in. Time constraints. A zombie like line around the block standing in sheets of rain. No thanks.

I pulled up to this locale. Manned guardposts. Automatic gates. Go through and up to this concrete bunker of a fortress. Looks like a cross between a military installation and a medical facility. Bit the bullet. Parked. Walked up, the feeling that cameras were all over me.

Inside the front door were 3 folks behind thick glass. They took my license. Scanned it , supposedly for age verification but who knows. In to Valhalla.

The smell of skunk green good stuff pounds you as you go in to the “business” zone. 5-6 support staff with only 3 other customers in there mid day. First visit and I only interacted with 2 from sales but they were excellent. Patient. Communicative. Knowledgeable. And familiar with the products.

I am a former smoker and don’t want to open that door again so I opted for the edible route, with an education on the vape delivery which I contemplated but will see how edibles go. Gummies, hard candy, and a chocolate bar.

Hid very well so the young adults in the house shouldn’t find. (Best Cartman voice)”No kiddies! These are MY cheesy-poofs!”

So I took my first trip into a local dispensary yesterday. I’d been to a location a few towns over but couldn’t get in. Time constraints. A zombie like line around the block standing in sheets of rain. No thanks.

I pulled up to this locale. Manned guardposts. Automatic gates. Go through and up to this concrete bunker of a fortress. Looks like a cross between a military installation and a medical facility. Bit the bullet. Parked. Walked up, the feeling that cameras were all over me.

Inside the front door were 3 folks behind thick glass. They took my license. Scanned it , supposedly for age verification but who knows. In to Valhalla.

The smell of skunk green good stuff pounds you as you go in to the “business” zone. 5-6 support staff with only 3 other customers in there mid day. First visit and I only interacted with 2 from sales but they were excellent. Patient. Communicative. Knowledgeable. And familiar with the products.

I am a former smoker and don’t want to open that door again so I opted for the edible route, with an education on the vape delivery which I contemplated but will see how edibles go. Gummies, hard candy, and a chocolate bar.

Hid very well so the young adults in the house shouldn’t find. (Best Cartman voice)”No kiddies! These are MY cheesy-poofs!”

Would you like to share the location? A place opened right around the corner from me and was supposed to be rec, but somehow opened as medical, so that won't work for me.

I'm primarily interested in edibles, so would be very interested in you updating this thread with a review after you have a chance to try them out.

I'm heading for Disney next week and would have liked to try getting high prior to the new Stars Wars/Avatar stuff which is supposed to be incredible.

Please let us know with an emphasis on duration and intensity. I'm looking for something more easy going and don't even know how to estimate the dosage necessary.

Love it. Edibles can rock but I've settled on vaping solutions with an occasional lung destroying dab. :)

This was my Friday night. Swedish Potato Vodka since alcohol kills the coronavirus and some dabs. Tried to hit up the vape afterwords but my brain was saying nah, we're good.

I did crush some damn cheesy poofs last night too. And I just discovered the glory that is Starburst Jelly Beans.

d1aac07298cc25c6486b38dd65a16040288cf50a.jpeg

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Would you like to share the location? A place opened right around the corner from me and was supposed to be rec, but somehow opened as medical, so that won't work for me.

I'm primarily interested in edibles, so would be very interested in you updating this thread with a review after you have a chance to try them out.

I'm heading for Disney next week and would have liked to try getting high prior to the new Stars Wars/Avatar stuff which is supposed to be incredible.

Please let us know with an emphasis on duration and intensity. I'm looking for something more easy going and don't even know how to estimate the dosage necessary.

The dosage with edibles can be tricky because they have to be digested to take effect leading some to take too much because they weren't "feeling" it yet. There are sites available that recommend proper dosing.

I planned on trying last night, and then my youngest told me he wanted to watch Joker so plans altered(though I really would’ve enjoyed that high as a mf’er too but not in front of him).

I’ll let you know fo sho.

****failed to disclose location: Triple M Plymouth MA

Love it. Edibles can rock but I've settled on vaping solutions with an occasional lung destroying dab. :)

This was my Friday night. Swedish Potato Vodka since alcohol kills the coronavirus and some dabs. Tried to hit up the vape afterwords but my brain was saying nah, we're good.

I did crush some damn cheesy poofs last night too. And I just discovered the glory that is Starburst Jelly Beans.

d1aac07298cc25c6486b38dd65a16040288cf50a.jpeg

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

The dosage with edibles can be tricky because they have to be digested to take effect leading some to take too much because they weren't "feeling" it yet. There are sites available that recommend proper dosing.

So in talking with the desk help they said the gummies take about 45 mins to “kick in” candies likely shorter since a good portion can absorbed sublingual under tongue via salivatory glands rather than going strictly through the gut.

So with gummies, if I take 1 at first and after 45 mins I’m not feeling quite in the wheelhouse yet and I take another that’ll be like 90 mins before max absorption. Will some of the first one be worn off by then and the next go around taking 2 at once really wipe me out? I’m sure there’s a dosage learning curve I want to try and minmilize.

So in talking with the desk help they said the gummies take about 45 mins to “kick in” candies likely shorter since a good portion can absorbed sublingual under tongue via salivatory glands rather than going strictly through the gut.

So with gummies, if I take 1 at first and after 45 mins I’m not feeling quite in the wheelhouse yet and I take another that’ll be like 90 mins before max absorption. Will some of the first one be worn off by then and the next go around taking 2 at once really wipe me out? I’m sure there’s a dosage learning curve I want to try and minmilize.

I'm not an expert on edibles but I would guess 2 gummies at once would be fine.

I did one gummie a friend gave me on a 4 wheeling trip. The effect was almost immediate and lasted about 2 hours.
It was pleasant.

1 gummie was about as mild an effect as I could imagine. Calm. Slight buzz. But nothing significant. Next time will be a double.

Back