Forum Name Changed

Ras

Prolate Spheriod Fan
Reaction score
Although the name change to poke fun at the current stupidity going on in Foxboro was done in jest, (I am assuming), I find it disrespectful to the memory of Dan Pires.

Just saying.

Although the name change to poke fun at the current stupidity going on in Foxboro was done in jest, (I am assuming), I find it disrespectful to the memory of Dan Pires.

Just saying.

I hate to be the one to let the air out of your assumptions, but...

Cheers

Just saying.

I know how you can feel that way given your relationship with Dan. But you could be a little over sensitive about it.
Either way, if the comical change bothers someone like you, then it probably should be changed back, IMO.

FWIW, we MODs had a little fun like this, back in 2007 as well.

No offense was intended.

I realize this and really have no issue with this as I know it will be changed back.

Just overly sensitive with all this shit going on with ball-gate.

I realize this and really have no issue with this as I know it will be changed back.

Just overly sensitive with all this shit going on with ball-gate.

I have only this week returned from Palestine. I have been able to get on the site from time to time but not often since last October. It has taken a bit to get caught up with whatever has taken place and so I will apologize if I am only reposting what others have already said.
I recall QBs who wanted all kinds of things done to the balls before games. Some would put them in a dryer to tumble for a few minutes. Others would want sand or clay rubbed into them . I knew of one who would pay to have someone rub them down with sandpaper and many of them would ask for air to be taken out or added. This is not anything new. The possibility is that the person who would be doing things to the Patriots game balls may have just overdone it. Truth is that you can bet at least 60% of the teams use game balls that are doctored in some way or another.
Though I can and do see the humor in the name change I also do hope to see it return to its name of honor.

Back