FOX Sports Power Poll still has Pats at #1

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
Source

This is pretty funny - the Steelers beat both the Eagles and the Pats and still aren't ranked #1. I can see why the rankings may have fallen this way, but can understand why some Steelers fans may be pretty pissed off right about now.

Which makes me happy :D

That is outSTANDing!

We all know that Power Polls and lists mean nothing. We also know that it's not the Patriots' style to complain about injuries because of the success we've had in the face of them.

However, it's nice to see someone at least acknowledge that the Steelers beat a Patriots team that was SO decimated by injuries and loss of starting personnel that it's hard to tell who's better.

I say - give the Steelers their due. They got it done - and it's not their fault we were missing key personnel.

We can't complain about injuries cuz it would sound like whining, but for someone else to say it is cool. We're all thinking it anyway.

If the Steelers can beat our best I'll be the first to tip my cap to them.

As a big-time Patriots fan, I would have to pick the Steelers as better than the Patriots AT THIS POINT. Would Corey Dillon have made a big difference in the contest 2 weeks ago....DEFINITELY. But, give the devil his due. Whatever, they'll (the Steelers) probably will be dropping like flies soon enough.

Steelers should definitely be #1 until their inevitable collapse.

Steelers should be #1 right now. And I don't buy the Patriots' injuries as an excuse, either. Dillon was out, but so was Hampton. That Steelers team wasn't exactly at 100% by any stretch.

The Steelers just POUNDED the two other best teams in football, and they should be #1.

That the Pats are still there speaks volumes about the respect that they are given league-wide. And frankly, in a rematch I like the Patriots chances. But its a stretch to have anyone except Pitt at the top.

Supkem said:
thats quite a drop off from 3-4 isn't it?

My thoughts exactly when I saw the poll. The Colts at 5-3 are a great offensive team, but 7-1 to 5-3??

As for Flagg's comments re: a rematch. I am confident that a healthy Pats team will beat a healthy Steelers team, especially given Belichicks record on return engagements!

My opinion at this juncture is, give Pitt their due. They are the team to beat in the NFL right now. But the Brownies are coming!:thumb:

Flagg Wanderer said:
Steelers should be #1 right now. And I don't buy the Patriots' injuries as an excuse, either. Dillon was out, but so was Hampton. That Steelers team wasn't exactly at 100% by any stretch.

Couldn't agree more.

Every team has injuries, and the subjective "but ours matter the most" simply invalidates what happens on the field, which is B.S.

Injuries are never an excuse, it's football. Leave the excuses to Wanny, after all, he is to excuses what Confucious was to pearls of wisdom.

Back