Giants Don't Know How to Win With Class

Re: Re: Giants Don't Know How to Win With Class

jetophile on 02-04-2008 at 09:26 PM said:
Is this sort of like a tramp calling someone else wh*re? I haven't laughed so hard since 10:03 p.m. last night.

What a classy post! :D

BTW I'm thinking you guys should take an O lineman in the draft. Maybe you'll be able to give the Bills a serious scare for 3rd.

Re: Re: Giants Don't Know How to Win With Class

I'm leaving this, but note I didn't see other replies on previous pages...

SteelerFan87 on 02-04-2008 at 03:28 PM said:
Oh this is just priceless! ROFL

So, it's ok for the Pats to say shit when they win, like "cancel your reservations!", and "Guarantee! Guarantee!", or dancing on other teams' symbols, but when the shoe is on the other foot, you cry about class?
The first post is a little silly, but nothing compared to this.

You don't see a difference? Really? Look carefully, and there are big clues right in your examples:
1) "cancel your reservations!" Now, does that sound like it makes sense on its own or is it in response to something else. Oh, yeah, it was in response to dismissive pre-game smack from a team that couldn't back up it's smack.

2) "guarantee!" Again, a little nonsensical in a vaccuum, but in response...d@mn, why doesn't my autotext wotk in IE?!?!

3) the dance...was a parody of a dance done by the opposing team. Again, in response to (a little different here) in-game ... (to autotext.)

Now, take the examples from post one. Any of them referencing pre- or in- game smack from the Pats? Anyone reference the Patriots disrespecting the G-Men in any way?

No?

Then in all seriousness, go **** yourself. And I've joked around about that, but I mean that sincerely.

I like your posts, and this is way beneath you. Why are you in here gloating when your over-talented team barely limped into the playoffs for a fat early exit? And if you're going to gloat, or give class-lessons, at least try to make some sense...and not in a thread where EVERYONE EXCEPT THE INITIAL POSTER has taken the initial poster to task.

As for my thoughts on the subject:

There are 3 types of "respectable" smack talk:

1) In-game, heat of battle smack talk - only when you back it up. See Michael Jordan.

2) Pre-game, out on a limb smack talk - only when you back it up. See Joe Nameth.

3) Post-game, making a mockery of failed attempts at 1 or 2 - when you've already backed it up.

Personally, I'm a fan of #1, I accept #3 as blowing off steam, and think #2 is an unnecessary psychological risk that can start to snowball if things don't go well.

the flip side of those - garbage smack:

1) In-game when you're talking to make up for the fact that you're toast;

2) Pre-game when you can't back it up, especially if you call out specific players or units, calling a team you haven't faced "soft" or the like. Stupid in terms of psychological advantage, and an unnecessary risk. Counterintuitively, often very easy to tell the difference between this and #2 above;

3) Post-game, any, if the opponent has been respectful of you overall. There is no reason to call out individuals, units, teams, whatever. You won, enjoy it, hoot and holler, say you're the better team, the best team ever, whatever you like. But calling out specific players and such is :thumbsdown:

So I have no problem with the "didn't bow down" stuff, or even the "f those fs" stuff - that's more insight as to how the psychology game was played. Calling out Seymour, etc. as "soft" is a little on the yucky side, but who really cares?

One thing to think about: this is, what, the third player now to specifically call our Big Dick Seymour for being dirty. Now, even if we assume that everyone is dirty under a pile, he's being specifically called out for it by multiple players.

Does that alarm anyone else?

I find it hilarious that anyone would question class when Bill ********* walked off the field before the game even ended. In the post presser, he never gave the Giants credit for what they did, he just kept saying, "they are a good team", giving the impression that they were good but not better. The fact of the matter is that the Patriots got beat and bad last night by an EXCELLENT defense. While I do agree, some of the Giants were a little overly boastful last night, they didn't get a lick of respect all year from the media. The chip on their shoulders was lifted and probably caused a little bit of cockiness.

Are you serious...the mods have blocked out Bill ********* of the New England Cheatriots?

B-E-L-I-C-H-E-A-T of the New England C-H-E-A-T-R-I-O-T-S...Super Bowl LOSERS

MercuryMorris on 02-04-2008 at 10:12 PM said:
Are you serious...the mods have blocked out Bill ********* of the New England Cheatriots?

I'm thinking said mods missed you. There's a Dolphin where you're gonna be sent. You two will love eachother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2yK5C9Ae4

Pats fan claiming their team did not engage in any trash talk. Mmmmhmm.

Also..

"As they took the field for that last drive — what may well go down as the most improbable and impressive series in the 42-year history of the Super Bowl — the Giants had reason to feel offended. The Patriots had been talking, inviting them to their after-parties, a celebration of their perfect 19-0 season. Amani Toomer, who has been with New York since 1996, would recall Richard Seymour telling him to go on home, that the Giants were done."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7757572/Giants'-miracle-drive-knocks-Pats-from-historic-ranks

Losers three times, winners three times. Only a couple teams can claim as many appearances or wins.

Who do you root for?

BB clearly thought that the game was over, as did most everyone at the time. NFL gives explicit instructions for losing team to clear out immediately after the loss. Would it have made you happy if someone had told him that there was one second left on the clock and he had strolled back out in time for the full celebration? My guess is that he would have been accused of trying to steal the spotlight or getting in the way or something.

As for the presser, that was BB being BB. Saying the minimum and trying to get off the podium as fast as possible, win or lose. What he was probably THINKING was something along the lines of: "I know our team is better overall and would win a series but we got outplayed, just the opposite of 2001, what can I do better to improve on this next year and how the F*** does asante not seal the game with that pick?"

Give up. Non-story. He hates the press, and he thought the game was over.

Re: Re: Re: Giants Don't Know How to Win With Class

Alco on 02-04-2008 at 09:31 PM said:
What a classy post! :D

BTW I'm thinking you guys should take an O lineman in the draft. Maybe you'll be able to give the Bills a serious scare for 3rd.
Hehe, at least you have a sense of humor. I was kidding around elsewhere, and my posts got deleted. Then I said something in a serious vein, and got the permanent ax. That's a shame, really, because I've been a member there for a while and it wasn't my intention. Apparently it's zero tolerance policy in the aftermath, but I guess no laughing at funerals. Or something.

Flagg Wanderer on 02-04-2008 at 09:22 PM said:
Losers three times, winners three times. Only a couple teams can claim as many appearances or wins.

Who do you root for?

BB clearly thought that the game was over, as did most everyone at the time. NFL gives explicit instructions for losing team to clear out immediately after the loss. Would it have made you happy if someone had told him that there was one second left on the clock and he had strolled back out in time for the full celebration?

Who are the other teams? Who has the most?

Actually the ref did tell both BB and Coughlin that they still had to run 1 more play. I don't think anyone expects anything better from him. He is what he is.

As for the Giants reaction ... it is the end result of the actions of BB. I understand that you guys are not going to agree with me but believe me when I tell you that most of the football world hates the Pats. Not because they're good but because they're great and they (the coach more than anyone else) remind everyone every chance they get. When the Pats are running up the score on teams everyone is going to take notice. So when someone knocks then down people are going to rub it in your face.

I'm not here to do that I just wanted to point out a fact.

FromDallas on 02-05-2008 at 12:27 AM said:

Actually the ref did tell both BB and Coughlin that they still had to run 1 more play.

Should he have ran back and called over the D players to draft up a serious play?

It's funny that all you haters got what you wanted but still try to get one final blow in. :D

That is kind of funny.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Giants Don't Know How to Win With Class

jetophile on 02-04-2008 at 10:44 PM said:
Hehe, at least you have a sense of humor. I was kidding around elsewhere, and my posts got deleted. Then I said something in a serious vein, and got the permanent ax. That's a shame, really, because I've been a member there for a while and it wasn't my intention. Apparently it's zero tolerance policy in the aftermath, but I guess no laughing at funerals. Or something.

It is very difficult right now with so many Pats fans reeling after this loss. There are so many trolls signing up that often on the boards, it is just easier to boot many of them for anything approaching trolling.

We've always welcomed fans of other teams here, but some of them might want to scale back a little bit.

I'm looking at you Mr rebuilding since 1957 Detroit Lions fan MercuryMorris.

Alco on 02-05-2008 at 01:29 AM said:
Should he have ran back and called over the D players to draft up a serious play?

It's funny that all you haters got what you wanted but still try to get one final blow in. :D
Or should have the refs added on those last two seconds for no reason?
Just silly.

the Pats are almost at the bottom of the "class" department. You're coach is the absolute worst when it comes to class. he sure knows 2 things...how to pound his chest after a win...and how to run off the field and onto the bus after the worst loss in team history. I'm not going to kick you when youre down but this thread nearly made me spit coffee all over my keyboard. Please address your coaches behavior instead of analyzing winning players comments after pulling off the biggest upset in maybe the best SB ever played. Maybe being humble in the loss is the way to go right now.

appalachia on 02-05-2008 at 09:35 AM said:
the Pats are almost at the bottom of the "class" department. You're coach is the absolute worst when it comes to class. he sure knows 2 things...how to pound his chest after a win...and how to run off the field and onto the bus after the worst loss in team history. I'm not going to kick you when youre down but this thread nearly made me spit coffee all over my keyboard. Please address your coaches behavior instead of analyzing winning players comments after pulling off the biggest upset in maybe the best SB ever played. Maybe being humble in the loss is the way to go right now.

Hello, and if I'm not mistaken, goodbye! :4321:

appalachia on 02-05-2008 at 12:35 PM said:

How about reading the whole thread before spouting off?

Claremonster on 02-05-2008 at 12:37 PM said:
Hello, and if I'm not mistaken, goodbye! :4321:

is that how it works here. You ban posters of opposing teams for speaking their minds? I believe I rest my case. I talk some smack on when I lose I take my lumps. Its part of the game.

Undertaker #59 on 02-05-2008 at 12:40 PM said:
How about reading the whole thread before spouting off?
Not enough time for 5 pages of nonsense. Just making MY point. I know this is the first slip in a slide that is destined to happen but cmon guys...you cant be oblivious to the fact that most NFL fans dont like the pats. You had your run...and now its more than likely going to taper off. what do you think you were going to be championship caliber forever. It doesnt work quite like that.

appalachia on 02-05-2008 at 09:40 AM said:
is that how it works here. You ban posters of opposing teams for speaking their minds? I believe I rest my case. I talk some smack on when I lose I take my lumps. Its part of the game.

Not my call. I just think that you will, probably real soon, show that you wont' fit in here... Just a hunch.

appalachia on 02-05-2008 at 12:43 PM said:
Not enough time for 5 pages of nonsense. Just making MY point. I know this is the first slip in a slide that is destined to happen but cmon guys...you cant be oblivious to the fact that most NFL fans dont like the pats. You had your run...and now its more than likely going to taper off. what do you think you were going to be championship caliber forever. It doesnt work quite like that.

And you waited until after the game to register and voice your feelings. How courageous of you.

Back