Gillette's New End Zone Lounge

93North

19.2 Yard Average Per Catch. NFL Record
Reaction score
I was surprised to read that Kraft will replace the first twenty rows of the south end zone (sections 117-124) with a new Season Ticket Holder's Lounge.

The problems are
1. These are temporary seats and are removed to accommodate concert stages
2. Right out of boston.com article

“You often hear about the Patriots crowd not being into games,’’ Protopapas said. “So now they’re going to replace all of us — the people who are always standing and screaming — with more beautiful people who are just sitting around talking and aren’t into the game.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/05/01/many-patriots-fans-upset-about-losing-seats-gillette/diXyWCAkDoKGRTYgF6DC2I/story.html

He wants more money from the wine & cheese fans. Lots sucks all those fans will either be giving a different seat. Lose there seats all to together

He wants more money from the wine & cheese fans. Lots sucks all those fans will either be giving a different seat. Lose there seats all to together

Someone called Felger & Mazz on 98.5 the sports hub the other day and said he will be moved from the seats he has owned for years, for this new setup. He was one pissed off season ticket holder

season ticker holder should be pissed. Kraft looking at ways that will make him more money with the wine & cheese fans. Don't forget patriots place was built using no tax payer money. They required no personal seats licenses.

Rather than displace true "passionate" Patriot fans to accomodate the "wine and cheese" fan... there is an obvious alternative.

Instead of eliminating seats in the south end-zone, eliminate the Great American Burger concourse (formerly McDonalds) above the end-zone seating. Turn that area into an up-scale indoor/outdoor dining experience and route the pedestrian traffic around the backside via an expanded pedestrian concourse (for which there is plenty of room). Level the pedestrian concourse with the Ubid.com gate for convenience.

A second, more expensive option, would be to enclose the second deck in the south end zone and place the new facility at the 200 level. Raise the jumbotron above the newly enclosed second deck. This would be similar to what they have in Buffalo (see below)

and if you have ever been to Buffalo, you know it rocks with noise unlike anything you have ever experienced at Gillette

View attachment 94021

I found out on FB. Mikemo is one of those people who need to upgrade or lose his tickets.
We got the call last week, if we move this year we have to pay the added cost of the tickets if we upgrade, tickets are too high now, add in 50 a ticket and that is 500 more a seat.

This sucks

The free parking which would save you 400 . Is only good for 1 year. No matter how you look at it. Its a FU to the fans in those seats . This is how there spinning it.
A Patriots official said the Krafts are building the members-only club in response to polls and focus groups with season ticket-holders. The research indicated that many customers favor more amenities, such as a lounge experience that would be less costly than the stadium’s elite clubs.

1992 we got our 1st 4 season tickets. lower south enzone, 1st 12 rows. guess we have not paid enough over the years to remain where we are. Purchases of the redzone parking when it was offered, 17 tickets at one point, along with another 10 in cousins names, trips to superbowls, trips to away games every year, trips to away playoff games, Pittsburgh, Indy (the few times that happened after 2002 season :D)

it is what it is and we shall see what i decide to do. this may end the run, put me to the back of the waiting list so I can buy season ticket holder resale tickets for a couple games to take the kids to each year.

That sucks, Mikie :frown:
we reduced tickets as people had kids and we donated tickets last year to help Mikie get a lift (IT WORKS GREAT THANK YOU ALL). It is fun to take the kids to a game and have the whole tailgate experience at the stadium but if I go to the waiting list I can still get tickets to a couple games a year plus in a year or two they will be a little older so we can maybe travel to one game a year instead of going to gilette.

It is a business. The opportunity to make more $$ is the responsibility of the owners of a company, even if it will negatively effect some customers, but hopefully fewer customers than it will benefit. They will never please everyone all of the time when certain business decisions are made, that they feel are in their best interest.

It is a business. The opportunity to make more $$ is the responsibility of the owners of a company, even if it will negatively effect some customers, but hopefully fewer customers than it will benefit. They will never please everyone all of the time when certain business decisions are made, that they feel are in their best interest.
I get that, it still sucks.

as for how it effects my team I follow:

I just think the design of this stadium is poor for homefield advantage, the open endzone with the light house is a huge flaw eliminating a lot of the chaos that is created when they can not hear. Now the other Endzone is being altered, the redzone defense will no longer be enjoying the noise generated from the fans. Small things but I am not sure how many times I have heard players (BRADY OFTEN) commenting on the noise (or lack of) and this creats an additional void.

I get that, it still sucks.

as for how it effects my team I follow:

I just think the design of this stadium is poor for homefield advantage, the open endzone with the light house is a huge flaw eliminating a lot of the chaos that is created when they can not hear. Now the other Endzone is being altered, the redzone defense will no longer be enjoying the noise generated from the fans. Small things but I am not sure how many times I have heard players (BRADY OFTEN) commenting on the noise (or lack of) and this creats an additional void.

Agreed. This really sucks for you and for the team. What's more, those displaced folks will be replaced by the wine and cheesers who will be there to be seen, not heard.

While I understand the need to maximize revenue, there's a tipping point where home field advantage suffers for it.

Agreed. This really sucks for you and for the team. What's more, those displaced folks will be replaced by the wine and cheesers who will be there to be seen, not heard.

While I understand the need to maximize revenue, there's a tipping point where home field advantage suffers for it.

The months of December and January in Foxboro have always been bigger homefield advantages than the actual crowds ever have been.

Due to stadium design and having to wear gloves in both cases, partially sure, but that's the truth.

The months of December and January in Foxboro have always been bigger homefield advantages than the actual crowds ever have been.

Due to stadium design and having to wear gloves in both cases, partially sure, but that's the truth.
gloves, who wears gloves?

the old stadium was loud, the team improved , the stadium opened and the noise went down as the "must go event" went up.

gloves, who wears gloves?

the old stadium was loud, the team improved , the stadium opened and the noise went down as the "must go event" went up.

Eh.

Was it louder than this one? Probably. Not a lot louder. This isn't Tuscaloosa or Seattle or College Station or whatever.

Are fans getting priced out? You bet. Are there more wine-and-cheesers there every week? Yup, and usually hanging out inside too.

I'm not saying it's not an issue. I'm just saying it's not the issue, and that it's never been a loud crowd. Maybe the metal benches helped for acoustics? But I'm not going back to those.

And I still maintain that the weather later in the year is a much bigger advantage than the crowd ever has been.

Eh.

Was it louder than this one? Probably. Not a lot louder. This isn't Tuscaloosa or Seattle or College Station or whatever.

Are fans getting priced out? You bet. Are there more wine-and-cheesers there every week? Yup, and usually hanging out inside too.

I'm not saying it's not an issue. I'm just saying it's not the issue, and that it's never been a loud crowd. Maybe the metal benches helped for acoustics? But I'm not going back to those.
It may not have been Seattle but it held the noise better with no vacant redseats and people never sat down during the game unless they passed out for fear of getting hemmroids on the metal seats. I will say when full, it wasn't always when I used to drive up and buy tickets, it was much louder. My 1st game was October 3, 1976, Pats vs Oakland, I started going with friends and relatives in 1985. I know a lot of it is "good ol' days" but the shithole was louder.

1992 we got our 1st 4 season tickets. lower south enzone, 1st 12 rows. guess we have not paid enough over the years to remain where we are. Purchases of the redzone parking when it was offered, 17 tickets at one point, along with another 10 in cousins names, trips to superbowls, trips to away games every year, trips to away playoff games, Pittsburgh, Indy (the few times that happened after 2002 season :D)

it is what it is and we shall see what i decide to do. this may end the run, put me to the back of the waiting list so I can buy season ticket holder resale tickets for a couple games to take the kids to each year.

With HD being so freaking Awesome, I would save you're money and watch our Patriots on TV

With HD being so freaking Awesome, I would save you're money and watch our Patriots on TV
private bathroom, unlimited food and the biggest plus, the kids can run to the fridge to get me another beer!

As much as that is all well and good, nothing beats being there, nothing better than having a whole section of goofballs you really do not know that happen to be sitting around you chanting for your son and his shark Pats hat and the luck it brought to the team!!

Back