Glassjawlessburger down again

pookie

Incompetent
Reaction score
Hopefully he'll be ok. But big Ben just got pushed down and is out of the game. Had to be helped off the field. Didn't look like a bad hit at all, but look for Ben to be out 6-8 weeks with a bruised muscle.

Looked like he came down bad, but he looks fairly ok now. Probably just a minor injury, should hopefully play next week, or maybe miss 1 week.

See, this is why you don't leave your starters in too long in a blowout. Freaky things can happen, even when you're not trying to run up the score.

SteelerFan87 on 11-05-2007 at 11:01 PM said:
Looked like he came down bad, but he looks fairly ok now. Probably just a minor injury, should hopefully play next week, or maybe miss 1 week.

See, this is why you don't leave your starters in too long in a blowout. Freaky things can happen, even when you're not trying to run up the score.

I think the NE @ IND game is proof that the Patriots were playing 4 quarters because they knew they'd need the experience. And it looks like it paid off.

But yeah, shit happens sometimes. Hopefully your QB is fine.

SteelerFan87 on 11-05-2007 at 10:01 PM said:

Freaky indeed.... getting pushed to the ground in a football game is way freaky!!!!!!

Now Ben is throwing the ball on the sideline. They should bring him back in asap, so he can throw another long pass to Holmes, like the one he threw when he got injured, as they were trying to run up the score. Collective sigh of relief in western PA.

pookie* on 11-05-2007 at 11:04 PM said:
Freaky indeed.... getting pushed to the ground in a football game is way freaky!!!!!!

Now Ben is throwing the ball on the sideline. They should bring him back in asap, so he can throw another long pass to Holmes, like the one he threw when he got injured, as they were trying to run up the score. Collective sigh of relief in western PA.

Freaky as in the way he landed that caused the injury.

And I've seen that play a thousand times. Whenever the play breaks down and Ben has to scramble, Holmes breaks off his route and usually goes deep. Ironically, if the Ravens hadn't gotten pressure on Ben, he probably would have just thrown a mid range pass to Ward for the 1st down.

SteelerFan87 on 11-05-2007 at 11:09 PM said:
Ironically, if the Ravens hadn't gotten pressure on Ben, he probably would have just thrown a mid range pass to Ward for the 1st down.

ironically, if ben wasnt trying to run up the score, he wouldnt have been injured:D

SteelerFan87 on 11-05-2007 at 11:09 PM said:
Freaky as in the way he landed that caused the injury.

And I've seen that play a thousand times. Whenever the play breaks down and Ben has to scramble, Holmes breaks off his route and usually goes deep. Ironically, if the Ravens hadn't gotten pressure on Ben, he probably would have just thrown a mid range pass to Ward for the 1st down.
I cry BS, they were running it up

hope ben is ok, would hate to see him injured in a blow out, what a waste that would be, who would be to blame, the coach for leaving him in or Ben for not refusing to return to the field

Ok, whatever. It's pretty obvious to anyone who's seen the Steelers play alot that that was Holmes and Ben improvising on a broken play, like they do all the time. But if you want to think they were running up the score, that's ok, it's just that that play wasn't an example of it. But after the way they pwned us last year, I think this beatdown is warranted. :D

BTW, other than wanting Ben to throw another TD pass for my fantasy team, I really would have left him on the sideline if I was Tomlin. He's dinged up a little bit, no need to make it any worse by putting him back in in a blowout.

BUT but but,

Why is he still in the game???? Pittsburgh is up by 30+ points in the 4th quarter!!! They're just rubbing it in their faces now!!!!!

So Steeler fans can have a nice warm glass of STFU regarding this issue.

Fully* Tilted* on 11-05-2007 at 11:18 PM said:
BUT but but,

Why is he still in the game???? Pittsburgh is up by 30+ points in the 4th quarter!!! They're just rubbing it in their faces now!!!!!

So Steeler fans can have a nice warm glass of STFU regarding this issue.

Maybe Ben wants some personal revenge for those 14 brutal sacks last year?
:shrug:

SteelerFan87 on 11-05-2007 at 11:17 PM said:
Ok, whatever. It's pretty obvious to anyone who's seen the Steelers play alot that that was Holmes and Ben improvising on a broken play, like they do all the time. But if you want to think they were running up the score, that's ok, it's just that that play wasn't an example of it.

Yeah, but why were they passing?????

OMG OMG OMG

SteelerFan87 on 11-05-2007 at 11:19 PM said:

Whaatt?? Who's in charge of this team? What about Coach Square Head Tomlin??

Brownfan80 on 11-05-2007 at 11:19 PM said:
Yeah, but why were they passing?????

OMG OMG OMG

To get a 1st down, and keep running out the clock?

It's called finishing football games so once again, you have no ground to stand on regarding the NE/Wash game.

14 sacks BLAH BLAH BLAH

Broken play that should have only went for 10 yards BLAH BLAH BLAH

Your team is not done trying to score points. They are playing an inferior opponent who cannot move the ball and have to continuously give it back to an offense that has already done its job.

There's nothing wrong with it...

well brady just wanted revenge for that 4 int game against washington 4 years ago i guess :shrug:

Undertaker #59* on 10-30-2007 at 11:35 AM said:
I have a question for those of you on the "running up the score" side of things. What, in your opinion, is the right thing to do?

You are up 38-0. Fourth and 2 on the seven yard line. Plenty of time left in the game. If the team you are a fan of is in this situation, what would you hope they do?

SteelerFan87 on 10-30-2007 at 11:56 AM said:
I've been waiting for someone to ask this question.
Answer:
I'd be screaming at Tomlin if Ben, Hines, Holmes, and Willie are still in. What are you going to accomplish in that situation? Nothing. Is the risk of injury still there? Yeah, perhaps even more so if the other team thinks you're trying to run up the score on them. The risks outweigh the rewards because the rewards are non-existant.
I'd hope my team takes Parker out, puts in Najeh, and runs the ball. You can still make a 1st down or 2, then punt, and you've eaten up alot of the clock, making it less likely that your opponents can come back. I'd hope to see Batch get in pretty soon, if we're up by that much. In that specific situation, 4th and 2, hmm... I'd probably kick a field goal. I mean, in that situation who can say you're running up the score if you kick a field goal? You're in field goal range, and a punt would just be stupid.
You take your skill players out of the game, run the ball to eat up the clock, and trust your defense to prevent your opponents from scoring 5 quick TDs and a field goal. To quote Bill Belichick, "It's your job to stop them. What do you think we send you out there for?" If your defense can't stop an obviously inferior team from scoring on 6 straight possessions, you don't deserve to win.

SteelerFan87 on 11-05-2007 at 11:21 PM said:
To get a 1st down, and keep running out the clock?

But isn't it more classy to run in that situation?

I'm only asking these questions because you seemed like the source for all the right etiquette when the shoe was on our foot. Just seeing if the shoe still fits when it's on yours. Guess not.

;)

Back