Good advice and life hacks

I have a million of em but they have been so ingrained in me while making my life easier I'll have to think about it. :)

Number one I suppose should be, "never suffer fools". Get them the hell outta your life as quickly as they come in.

If you want Sunday Ticket without subscribing to DirecTV, sign up as a college student. It's $100 for the season. I'm MacKenzie McCarty, Ball State softball player this year lol. All you need is a student's name, school, and DOB. You can use your own email. Here's the rundown to do it:

1. Sign up page https://nflst.directv.com/student
2. Pick a university team - I'd avoid football since they are more likely to sign up for Sunday Ticket
3. Go to that university's official sports site
4. Go to the roster page of your sport of choice
5. Choose any player to go to their bio
6. Find their birth date in the bio
7. Profit

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Don't borrow money for anything other than a house or a car. (i.e. if you don't have the money in the bank, don't buy it).

If you use credit cards, it's really important to pay off the entire amount, every month, (and if you don't have the discipline to do that, don't use credit cards).

Start saving for retirement, ASAP (the younger, the better). If your company offers a 401K, put in (at a minimum), enough money to get all of the company matching funds (free money). Invest it in a good (mostly stock) mutual fund.

Buy plain croissants at the super market. Also pick up some miniature chocolate morsels.

Slice open croissants, add morsels, re-assemble, warm-up in oven for 15 minutes.

If you live in an area prone to blackouts, fill a cup with water and put it in the freezer. Once it's frozen put a penny on top of the ice. and leave in the freezer. If your electricity goes out and the coin is still on top of the ice or in the middle of the cup after your power went out, the food in your freezer may still be okay to eat. But if the coin sank to the bottom of the cup, it's time to throw out that food that defrosted.

Here's one thing that worked pretty well for me in my relationships with women. When you first get together it's all hearts and flowers. Then you have your first fight. This is what I did after the first one. I'd say "I'm so sorry about our fight", "There's one thing I want you to know though, I can stand your yelling at me when we fight but I really hate the silent treatment".

After that when we would have arguments they automatically went to the silent treatment mode. They thought it was really upsetting me. Which is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to listen to them bitching at me. I considered it a win every time.

Don't borrow money for anything other than a house or a car. (i.e. if you don't have the money in the bank, don't buy it).

If you use credit cards, it's really important to pay off the entire amount, every month, (and if you don't have the discipline to do that, don't use credit cards).

Start saving for retirement, ASAP (the younger, the better). If your company offers a 401K, put in (at a minimum), enough money to get all of the company matching funds (free money). Invest it in a good (mostly stock) mutual fund.
I was going to say these same things
I told my kids ‘don’t turn down free money’ in regards to the point on getting all company matching for 401k

On a different note, crack eggs on a flat surface vs side of the bowl or pan. I thought that sounded odd when i first read it but works great. Don’t slam it or you will have a mess :). Just a firm smack then ‘squeeze’ shell over bowl or pan snd voila

This is good general advice, especially while building one's credit/career etc. But I think if you are in a good financial position and don't have other debt, it's okay to take advantage of 0% interest deals through the retailer, like Lowes, Bestbuy and the like. If you need a new appliance or something, 24 months zero interest is a nice luxury, you just have to be disciplined and make sure you pay it off.

This is good general advice, especially while building one's credit/career etc. But I think if you are in a good financial position and don't have other debt, it's okay to take advantage of 0% interest deals through the retailer, like Lowes, Bestbuy and the like. If you need a new appliance or something, 24 months zero interest is a nice luxury, you just have to be disciplined and make sure you pay it off.

I paid off my student loans early. My son pays the minimum student loan amount and invests the balance. 3% interest on the loan and he gets a 6% dividend plus stock share growth on his investment. Which way is better?

Back