Goodell Has Cheated Again - Packers - 300K Fine

TyLawsPick6

Reaction score
Obviously, teams just left speechless without really seeing a legit punishment for GB and Rodgers, as Congress investigates to see if Goodell handles all teams fairly or not.

Aaron seems to be on a mission to make himself and the Packers the most hated team in the NFL.

"Ravens or Raiders? Hold my beer!"

This isn't over.
What do you mean? Goodell couldn't wait to bury this before Rodgers comes back. Even the "investigation" line is insulting. I am sure you agree, but there was no need to "investigate". Rodgers admitted everything, so they even double down on insulting the customer with their explanation of "he wore masks most of the time indoors" or whatever their explanation was.

They also said it's up to the teams to enforce not the league, so why did they punish him partially for going to the Halloween party off site if that's up to the team? I mean, this guy is so far beyond corruption, it's amazing to me how the media continues to not write THE story in sports of the last 15 years.

The guy lied, cheated the rules and has continued to lie more and shill misinformation within his half baked, passive aggressive apologies, while actually lying about the NFL's decision with his homeopathic approach, which was rejected as well.

It's ironic to me Congress is investigating Pash's role in the WFT's special treatment with that cover up in DC and here is Pash's other good buddy, Mark Murphy, also getting that special treatment that Congress is focusing on within the investigation of the league.

Are you saying you think Goodell will have to testify like Selig did with the roid cover ups, when you say it's not over?

Last edited:
Lucky for AR he wasn't unmasked in an unauthorized area during a game (oh wait he was). That would cost draft picks.

I surely hope not.
Oh, it's over. Swiftly swept under the rug. If Rodgers was suspended, it would lose the league money. They're already lying saying viewership is up 8% from last year to try to drum up hype after the league lost 3 billion in gate money last year.

It's over.

Follow the money.

Oh, it's over. Swiftly swept under the rug. If Rodgers was suspended, it would lose the league money. They're already lying saying viewership is up 8% from last year to try to drum up hype after the league lost 3 billion in gate money last year.

It's over.

Follow the money.

Owners will complain behind closed doors. Teams have had to jump through hoops to comply with COVID rules. He'll hear plenty from them.

It's over.

Follow the money.
Why do you think that viewership being up 8% is a lie?

Owners will complain behind closed doors. Teams have had to jump through hoops to comply with COVID rules. He'll hear plenty from them.
It doesn't matter. They've made their ruling. If I was a Vikes fan and Cousins is masked, not able to watch film with teammates on a flight back from a game, can't go out to eat with the team on the road and talk ball, that's a disadvantage to Cousins and the Vikings.

It's very clear to everyone else in the world, but Goodell wants money and won't suspend Rodgers. The NHL suspended a player for 21 games for lying. Makes sense. Right? You have a sneaky player possibly causing harm to others intentionally. This is not that far off from harm done from a bounty. Yet, Goodell moves the goalpost$ for financial gain.

Goodell thinks he's untouchable. Nothing more will come of this. The "investigation" wasn't even needed. They did that to hide behind some lawyer words like we've seen with their explanation.

What's worse is Goodell colluded to cheat, which is what we all know here is what he does. He looks at the money gained or lost, or in Deflategate, how to become popular away from the Ray Rice thing and appease the litany of owners who want to cheat Bob due to jealousy of his success as an owner.

Yet, the media just sits there and doesn't tell the story, save for someone like Sally Jenkins at the Washington Post.

Last edited:
Why do you think that viewership being up 8% is a lie?
Because they've lied before and been caught lying. In 2016, when Brady was suspended, whether it was a coincidence or not, with injuries or Manning retiring, etc, they would post about primetime ratings, over the actual weekly or monthly ratings that had never dropped before in NFL history until that point. So, they'd just post ratings on a Sun night game and the great ratings those games would be.

MNF actually would get some pretty weak ratings, but the one off great game, they'd post the ratings for that. It was pick and choose.

Whether it was Goodell Cheating fatigue or whatever it was, they lied about it by not reporting their overall ratings. For 2-3 straight seasons, the ratings dropped, an NFL first. Even ratings in the '82 and '87 strike seasons didn't drop like that.

So, no, I don't trust the numbers from them. Goodell is a Marketing guy, which means he can't completely be trusted with numbers. He's not dumb, but some of us are also not dumb and know what he does to "sell" numbers.

Even the CTE cases and all of that he's lied about for years.

How is the non football operations filming of teams sidelines more egregious than this?

It isn't. And, to try to sell the public Kraft was helping BB try to get the 3-13 Bungles signals from behind their bench, is so beyond insulting it's hard to get words to speak.

Because they've lied before and been caught lying. In 2016, when Brady was suspended, whether it was a coincidence or not, with injuries or Manning retiring, etc, they would post about primetime ratings, over the actual weekly or monthly ratings that had never dropped before in NFL history until that point. So, they'd just post ratings on a Sun night game and the great ratings those games would be.

MNF actually would get some pretty weak ratings, but the one off great game, they'd post the ratings for that. It was pick and choose.

Whether it was Goodell Cheating fatigue or whatever it was, they lied about it by not reporting their overall ratings. For 2-3 straight seasons, the ratings dropped, an NFL first. Even ratings in the '82 and '87 strike seasons didn't drop like that.

So, no, I don't trust the numbers from them. Goodell is a Marketing guy, which means he can't completely be trusted with numbers. He's not dumb, but some of us are also not dumb and know what he does to "sell" numbers.

Even the CTE cases and all of that he's lied about for years.
I'll grant you that Goodell is a habitual liar.

But up 8% year over year is way down from earlier in the season when I saw numbers of +20% and +17% y/y. Ratings Just in my small circle I know several people who said they didn't watch much last year because 1) watching the games was much less exciting with the fans not there lending energy; 2) it seemed less important given the pandemic, the election, social justice/unrest, and a few other issues; 3) because of the politicization, messaging, kneeling, etc. around the BLM stuff; and/or 4) because it wasn't politicized enough/NFL wasn't doing enough around the BLM stuff.

Given that, plus the fact that 5 teams have shiny new first round QBs, that the spike from a single outlier regular season game (NE/TB) was impactful, and that an absurd number of teams have reasonable playoff hopes, having rebounded to the tune of 8% from being down last year seems pretty reasonable to me. I mean, for several of those reasons (but mostly just life reasons) I know I'm personally watching much more football this year than last. I've probably watched more this year already than all of 2018-2020 combined, but I'm an outlier.

Is that a number that is the best possible spin on the facts? Doubtless. Are they going to make press statements when there is bad ratings news? Probably not. But someone being a habitual liar doesn't mean that most things they say are lies. And claiming that constantly, for whatever thing (especially when they're not lying) just makes people tune you out on the obvious and/or important stuff. :shrug-n:

I'll grant you that Goodell is a habitual liar.

But up 8% year over year is way down from earlier in the season when I saw numbers of +20% and +17% y/y. Ratings Just in my small circle I know several people who said they didn't watch much last year because 1) watching the games was much less exciting with the fans not there lending energy; 2) it seemed less important given the pandemic, the election, social justice/unrest, and a few other issues; 3) because of the politicization, messaging, kneeling, etc. around the BLM stuff; and/or 4) because it wasn't politicized enough/NFL wasn't doing enough around the BLM stuff.

Given that, plus the fact that 5 teams have shiny new first round QBs, that the spike from a single outlier regular season game (NE/TB) was impactful, and that an absurd number of teams have reasonable playoff hopes, having rebounded to the tune of 8% from being down last year seems pretty reasonable to me. I mean, for several of those reasons (but mostly just life reasons) I know I'm personally watching much more football this year than last. I've probably watched more this year already than all of 2018-2020 combined, but I'm an outlier.

Is that a number that is the best possible spin on the facts? Doubtless. Are they going to make press statements when there is bad ratings news? Probably not. But someone being a habitual liar doesn't mean that most things they say are lies. And claiming that constantly, for whatever thing (especially when they're not lying) just makes people tune you out on the obvious and/or important stuff. :shrug-n:
I am just saying, I question everything that comes out of 345 and I question this without even digging into it. I wouldn't be surprised if the number was off or misrepresented because that's a typical thing for him. I would argue that Covid had everyone home last year in front of a tv and it's pretty sad their ratings weren't better. Even the SB should have been epic, but he cheated there, too, by giving you know who 2 1st and goals on plays that weren't even fouls to ruin the SB before halftime.

It's all about money, especially last year in the short term because of the 3 billion lost at the gate due to Covid.

The Thurs night product for example is hot garbage, but he'll never show us the numbers for that. One of the oldest marketing tricks in the book is to manipulate numbers. GM did it 20 years ago telling us all was well, as we see more and more Japanese cars at every stop light for years and years, and then the next thing we know, they're asking for a bailout.

And, with these officiating "gaffes" that aren't gaffes, you just have to wonder even more.

How is the non football operations filming of teams sidelines more egregious than this?

I'll tell you what Goodell would say.

One thing broke protocol and sought competitive advantage and the other thing broke protocol but had nothing to do with seeking competitive advantage.

He's hidden behind "competitive advantage" 3 times in handing out unusually big punishments to the Patriots and once to the Saints.
Competitive advantage is a big thing to the owners through Goodell, you know - protecting the shield and maintaining integrity of the game.
These are worthy goals so long as justice is balanced. Goodell's justice has no intention of being balanced. Jerruh approves.

Only in Goodell's world is an untucked shirt in the sport of football more egregious than sneaking around lying and getting an advantage over other teams who are following NFL rules. Unbelievable.

Back