Guinness

I shamefully have to admit to Guinness and black being my pint of choice during my first year of Uni. Enough times of seeing it on the back end and I can't drink the stuff anymore.

There's a number of alcoholic beverages from that era I can't even stand the smell of let alone drink anymore :coffee:

That's the way I am with Southern Comfort. After one bad night of that stuff I can't even smell that shit anymore without becoming queasy.

Clown shoes is outstanding. There are so many craft brewers making fantastic stouts.

Ms. sleeve loves this one:

youngs_double_chocolate_stout_bottle.93xvqq81bw8wkwwgc8kkoos8o.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

and this one:

a782b012_MilkStoutNitro1.jpeg

both served on tap on nitro.

Disgusting.

I've seen beers from Left Hand Brewing before. I can't remember having them though.

This is one of my favorite stouts. Almost 10% ABV. :toast:

great-divide-yeti-imperial-stout.jpg

I had one of these at Animal Kingdom @ Disney last summer. I had just got off the Everest coaster and wanted to take a break and enjoy a beer. Very boozy, but very good. Great morning beer :toast:

I had one of these at Animal Kingdom @ Disney last summer. I had just got off the Everest coaster and wanted to take a break and enjoy a beer. Very boozy, but very good. Great morning beer :toast:

There's nothing like a good morning beer. As my brother likes to say, if you're going to drink all day, it's best to get an early start.

That's the way I am with Southern Comfort. After one bad night of that stuff I can't even smell that shit anymore without becoming queasy.

JD was mine.. I thought at 18 JD and coke was the height of cool, one bad night later...

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

This is my local brewery, I tend to go more for a pale ale. Not strong stuff but tasty:

http://www.kelhambrewery.co.uk/beers.html

V

Can' t take sc. But do have a small one now n then in memory of Janice.

Cheers

I've seen beers from Left Hand Brewing before. I can't remember having them though.

This is one of my favorite stouts. Almost 10% ABV. :toast:

great-divide-yeti-imperial-stout.jpg

Ah yes. Great Divide. One of the best, if not the best micros around. I consumed a couple 22oz bottles of Hibernation Ale years ago on a cold snowy night, sitting in a hot tub. I almost couldn't get out. LOL The stuff was amazing. Only a few barrels were made each year. Not sure if it's still around or not?

I consumed a couple 22oz bottles of Hibernation Ale years ago on a cold snowy night, sitting in a hot tub. Not sure if it's still around or not?

Hibernation is a Seasonal that is released every Oct. - Dec. and is only in 6 packs now.

Guinness is a decent beer, if unremarkable, IMO.

I went to Foolproof brewery in Pawtucket on Saturday. They seem like cool people.

Their new Shuckolate Chocolate Oyster Stout was really good. We took home a growler.

Back