Happy Birthday United States Marine Corps

taltos

Beagle Defense League
Reaction score
On this date in 1775 the USMC was organized by direction of the Continental Congress. Happy Marine Corps Birthday and Semper Fi to all past and present fellow Marines.

'From the halls of Montezuma...'

Happy Birthday to the Few and the Proud :toast:

May all Marines be blessed for their service.

Our grandson has joined their ranks, and we were fortunate enough to have him stay with us for two weeks after he goT out of boot Oct. 14. He's back in Pendleton now. SEMPER FI !

Congratulations, ot. I thank him for his service wuv

HB to the Marines. I know a bunch of guys in different branches of the service and none of them are as hardcore "_______ for life" as Marines are. One of my best friends served in Vietnam(& was shot down) and he is the most mentally tough person I know.
I am extremely grateful to all the men and women mentally and physically tough enough to serve in any way.

Congratulations, ot. I thank him for his service wuv[/QUOTE

My wife texted him and relayed your thanks Beaglebay. He said " aw shucks " He's wanted to be a Marine for a long time. Got out of High School, and went to Fl. to learn lighting for stage, movies, etc. Then when he got out of there he moved to Austin, TX with his dad ( who moved there about a yr. and a half ago from RI ) and enlisted. So far he's happy and is enjoying being a Marine. Real Gung Ho ! lol

My wife texted him and relayed your thanks Beaglebay. He said " aw shucks " He's wanted to be a Marine for a long time. Got out of High School, and went to Fl. to learn lighting for stage, movies, etc. Then when he got out of there he moved to Austin, TX with his dad ( who moved there about a yr. and a half ago from RI ) and enlisted. So far he's happy and is enjoying being a Marine. Real Gung Ho ! lol

Quite a few young men and women from this area have enlisted, and I am always humbled by the emotional and enthusiastic support shown to them. Hope your grandson learns a lot, stays healthy and safe, and shares some of his experiences here through you while he's serving.

Bless him and his fellow soldiers :heart:

I wish your grandson safety and satisfaction in his career. May the Marine Corps be all that he expected and may he be happy in his service branch choice. From someone who came before him. Semper Fi Young Un!:thumb:

Back