Happy Valentines Day in 2024,

Been married 32 years.

I get her a card and flowers every year. Most times a gift but she always says that I don't need to.

This year I come home with the card and flowers. She loves them both.

And she then proceeds to bring forward this freaking basket full of chocolates, a new toiletries case, a cool little digital bank, a balloon and something for her to wear later (she NEVER buys that shit - I always have to.)

Ordered take out and watched the AppleTV movie Family Plan.

It was a good night.

I always get the wife flowers for Valentine's day even though she insists that I don't get her anything. This year it just so happened that Fat Tuesday happened the day before Valentine's so I decided to throw her a curveball. She is crazy about Mardi Gras and everything New Orleans so I got her Mardi Gras themed flowers and gave them to her on Tuesday. She absolutely loved them. When I stopped in to pick them up the florist thanked me because they had four customers come into the shop and see my arrangement in the cooler and request the exact same thing on top of what they had already ordered.

I spent yesterday waiting for her to decide on where we would go out to eat. It was getting late in the day and I still hadn't heard anything so I threw out the idea of going to a beer and cupcake pairing event that they were having at one of our favorite places. She's not really a beer fan but she still loves this place for their food. We met up with another couple and had some great food and then beer and cupcakes. She even found one beer that she liked. I got to drink the rest of them for her so it was a win win. :ROFLMAO:

Back