Happy Valentines Day in 2024,

AnOldTroll

Russel brand
Reaction score
So, I love females. This is their day, I have been taught that.

So Happy Valentines Day to all the super females on this board. Thanks for all you do.

Love, AOT.

Making special dinners is probably getting old.
Give me some advice.

She knows I love her to death and beyond,
Sneaking suspicion its not enough though,

How can I make a statement after 40 years.
diffficult.
freaking out.

I hate this day. lol

But I know it is special..
Who is with me?

Last edited:
Making special dinners is probably getting old.
Give me some advice.

She knows I love her to death and beyond,
Sneaking suspicion its not enough though,

How can I make a statement after 40 years.
diffficult.
freaking out.

I hate this day. lol

But I know it is special..
Who is with me?
It is a yearly thing it seems with my hubby. Some years he goes all out and some years it simple with a great meal.That is fine with me, I don't need a lot of material things from him to know how he feels.Of course this year he went all out.

Sometimes it is the things that can be overlooked. He could help me bring groceries in, He gets my favorite candy bar when he is getting gas, he makes sure I can watch all my sports that I have access to them on tv, you know stuff that just makes the times better.

While it is considered a day for women, I make sure I treat hubby as well whether it is a second meal, treat him to a store he likes and so on.

Last edited:
So, I love females. This is their day, I have been taught that.

So Happy Valentines Day to all the super females on this board. Thanks for all you do.

Love, AOT.

yeah, yeah, :blah: yeah.....women are OK
OK
I guess :unsure:......

:stirpot::popcorn::biggrin:

:coffee:

Have a great Valentine‘s day all!

~Dee~

It is a yearly thing it seems with my hubby. Some years he goes all out and some years it simple with a great meal.That is fine with me, I don't need a lot of material things from him to know how he feels.Of course this year he went all out.

Sometimes it is the things that can be overlooked. He could help me bring groceries in, He gets my favorite candy bar when he is getting gas, he makes sure I can watch all my sports that I have access to them on tv, you know stuff that just makes the times better.

While it is considered a day for women, I make sure I treat hubby as well whether it is a second meal, treat him to a store he likes and so on.
agree...show each other you care by doing little things (or not doing them...lol)
one of my fave things my ex did for me was when the end of our road had these tall weeds growing. i had a small sporty car and had a hard time seeing around them to pull out. i never asked him to do anything but one day i came home and told him that they were finally cut down. he told me he did it because he knew i couldn't see easily.

So the best thing that could have possibly happened to me happened: My wife did not get me a card for Valentine's Day and in her apology, acknowledged that if I didn't get her anything, that was fine because "she doesn't care about Valentine's Day anyway."

I had only gotten her a card but it was so satisfying to whip it out in that moment.

Best. Valentine's. Ever.

So the best thing that could have possibly happened to me happened: My wife did not get me a card for Valentine's Day and in her apology, acknowledged that if I didn't get her anything, that was fine because "she doesn't care about Valentine's Day anyway."

I had only gotten her a card but it was so satisfying to whip it out in that moment.

Best. Valentine's. Ever.
Hmm. Are you messing with Karma? 🤣🤣😂

But good for both of you.

My wife and I have been married for almost 29 years. We've had very romantic Valentines Days, celebrated in expensive restaurants at the top of the tallest buildings in what were fantastic cities - back then. We have had other Valentine's Days where it hasn't even been mentioned by either of us as we rushed through the busy day with hockey and dance and bowling and lax for three kids born inside of 33 months. I think that we have taken to hugging each other when we pass each other in the house so often these days that it would seem silly to try to elevate some now odd day after all that has gone on. That seems weird now. We value every day together so much more lately.

Maybe that only makes sense to me.

Last edited:
My wife and I have been married for almost 29 years. We've had very romantic Valentines Days, celebrated in expensive restaurants at the top of the tallest buildings in what were fantastic cities - back then. We have had other Valentine's Days where it hasn't even been mentioned by either of us as we rushed through the busy day with hockey and dance and bowling and lax for three kids born inside of 33 months. I think that we have taken to hugging each other when we pass each other in the house so often these days that it would seem silly to try to elevate some now odd day after all that has gone on. That seems weird now. We value everyday together so much more lately.

Maybe that only makes sense to me.
Make sense to me.

Back