Harrison37 Iraq deployment support thread

Harrison37 on 02-22-2007 at 09:54 PM said:
Oh, no- is NEMskull on suicide watch now? Whatever is he going to do now that he doesn't have a Patriots internet forum to spend all his time on anymore?

That guy never learns. He's got something wrong with him. Some kind of social disorder or something. Anyway- turn the page.

Things are going pretty well for us so far in Baghdad. Learning the ropes, getting familiar with our Area of Operations and just generally gettinig a feel for what we're up against.
Some of his enablers are in therapy, but life goes on. Glad your well, my brother hasn't heard from my nephew since the door-to-door stuff started, as long as he's staying out of trouble.

Box_O_Rocks on 02-22-2007 at 10:02 PM said:
Some of his enablers are in therapy, but life goes on. Glad your well, my brother hasn't heard from my nephew since the door-to-door stuff started, as long as he's staying out of trouble.

What unit is your nephew in?

God bless 'im.

Also- what's with the NEMnutz fanclub? Some of those guys are off the hook over there. I mean- I'm all for being fair, but some of the positions they take are the classic moral equivalence/lack of accountability that goes on much too often in this country.

At some point, you have to call a spade a spade and get past the 10,000 second chances he's received.

The tribe has spoken.

Oh- our Forward Operating Base is pretty rough around the edges compared to most over here, but our dining facility is awesome. I'll gladly take that...OIF 1 was no picnic. But, when you tell me that I'll have good meals and a warm bed to sleep in at night (when I'm there and not out on an op) then I'm one happy camper.

Harrison37 on 02-22-2007 at 10:09 PM said:
What unit is your nephew in?

God bless 'im.

Also- what's with the NEMnutz fanclub? Some of those guys are off the hook over there. I mean- I'm all for being fair, but some of the positions they take are the classic moral equivalence/lack of accountability that goes on much too often in this country.

At some point, you have to call a spade a spade and get past the 10,000 second chances he's received.

The tribe has spoken.

Oh- our Forward Operating Base is pretty rough around the edges compared to most over here, but our dining facility is awesome. I'll gladly take that...OIF 1 was no picnic. But, when you tell me that I'll have good meals and a warm bed to sleep in at night (when I'm there and not out on an op) then I'm one happy camper.
A CO 1/18 INF 2 BCT 1 AD PFC Shawn E

I know what you're saying about good chow and a comfy bunk! I could play in glacier water all day, but I did like a tasty supper and no one stepping on me while I slept.

Yes, the last thread starter was after me via PM, nothing you can write will make them happy short of unconditional surrender and full reinstatement of the problem. Alas, I've been called worse than disingenuous and insincere.

Box_O_Rocks on 02-22-2007 at 10:25 PM said:
A CO 1/18 INF 2 BCT 1 AD PFC Shawn E

I know what you're saying about good chow and a comfy bunk! I could play in glacier water all day, but I did like a tasty supper and no one stepping on me while I slept.

Yes, the last thread starter was after me via PM, nothing you can write will make them happy short of unconditional surrender and full reinstatement of the problem. Alas, I've been called worse than disingenuous and insincere.

Small world, but pretty sure he's in my unit- at least on the same FOB. We're the new brigade HQ who's moving in. His company/battalion will roll up under us.

Please PM me his full name and data and I'll be happy to look him up, check up on him for you.

Harrison37 on 02-23-2007 at 08:03 AM said:
Small world, but pretty sure he's in my unit- at least on the same FOB. We're the new brigade HQ who's moving in. His company/battalion will roll up under us.

Please PM me his full name and data and I'll be happy to look him up, check up on him for you.

Glad to hear that things are going well. Yes the good chow and a nice bunk cna bring back the spirits.

Hopefully if you find Box's nephew, you will see that the apple feel really far from the tree.

On the Patriots front. Corey announced that he will retire. I'll really miss #28. He could change his mind but personally , I doubt it.

On this board RG seems to think he is not getting the love that he deserves. He doesn't realize that he was way over compensated for his past performance.

I had a real bad paper cut but it's healing.ROFL

Hey Kirk!!!

Kirk:

I had to travel over to here to find you. I was wondering where you had been. Hope all is well, and just wanted to drop by and say "hi". Stay safe and god bless.

FTW

Not that I envision you having a lot of free time, but I figured I'd post this here anyway:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/02/watsons_journey.html
Patriots tight end Benjamin Watson is one of four NFL players who will continue an NFL-USO tradition initiated more than 40 years ago when he embarks this Sunday on visits to U.S. troops at military bases throughout the Persian Gulf.

Watson will be joined by Falcons tight end Alge Crumpler, Chiefs guard Will Shields and Buccaneers linebacker Shelton Quarles to meet and greet troops.

In 1965, NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle –- seeking ways to demonstrate the league’s support for America’s fighting forces –- conceived of the idea of sending NFL players to Vietnam on “goodwill tours.” The following year, the NFL teamed with the USO and became the first sports organization to send a group of players to Vietnam and other parts of Asia.

----------------------------------------------

Take care and good luck.

Yo 37, our oldest will be Co of an ETT in
Afg........Our thoughts are with all of you.
Mom has tears, I have pride in all of you, with a few of moms. You guys are GREAT!!

Be safe, we love you all. ~S~

wrangler on 03-03-2007 at 05:19 AM said:
Yo 37, our oldest will be Co of an ETT in
Afg........Our thoughts are with all of you.
Mom has tears, I have pride in all of you, with a few of moms. You guys are GREAT!!

Be safe, we love you all. ~S~
Oldest nephew is getting his first taste of the 'stans with 10th Mountain after two visits to Iraq. His baby bro just got home from Iraq for a couple weeks of wings and pizza before he heads back. Best wishes for you and yours!

Kirk,

Adalius Thomas is onboard, I'll link contract details once they are confirmed, but 5 years with $24mil in the first 3 is being mentioned.

TE Kyle Brady amd RB Sammy Morris are signed, Billy Yates re-signed for 2 years $2.1mil. The Pats are making a bid for the fish RFA WR Wes Welker. That's the quick and dirty!

Stay safe!

Edit: Bid had this on K. Brady "The report indicates Brady's deal is a two-year, $5.3 million package, with a $2 million signing bonus."
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21905

AdamJT13 reports on KFFL that the Pats picked up an additional $3.8mil in cap space after adjusting for 2006 incentives.

Edit: Wandering Athol found this item -
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that Morris received a four-year deal worth $7 million. He'll make $5 million over the first two years of the deal.
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21933

Box_O_Rocks on 03-03-2007 at 06:40 PM said:
Oldest nephew is getting his first taste of the 'stans with 10th Mountain after two visits to Iraq. His baby bro just got home from Iraq for a couple weeks of wings and pizza before he heads back. Best wishes for you and yours!

Kirk,

Adalius Thomas is onboard, I'll link contract details once they are confirmed, but 5 years with $24mil in the first 3 is being mentioned.

TE Kyle Brady amd RB Sammy Morris are signed, Billy Yates re-signed for 2 years $2.1mil. The Pats are making a bid for the fish RFA WR Wes Welker. That's the quick and dirty!

Stay safe!

Edit: Bid had this on K. Brady "The report indicates Brady's deal is a two-year, $5.3 million package, with a $2 million signing bonus."
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21905

AdamJT13 reports on KFFL that the Pats picked up an additional $3.8mil in cap space after adjusting for 2006 incentives.

Edit: Wandering Athol found this item -
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that Morris received a four-year deal worth $7 million. He'll make $5 million over the first two years of the deal.
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21933

Thanks for the updates- our Command Sgt. Maj. is from Springfield and is a big Pats fan. He loves me because I keep him on the cutting edge of breaking news. What he doesn't know is that I'm taking credit for all the hard work youse guys are doing by posting here.

Oh, and I confirmed that I'm on the same FOB as Shawn's company, so when he gets back from the much-deserved R&R, I'll look him up and keep an eye on him.

Small world.

Harrison37 on 03-05-2007 at 01:03 PM said:
Oh, and I confirmed that I'm on the same FOB as Shawn's company, so when he gets back from the much-deserved R&R, I'll look him up and keep an eye on him.

Small world.
Give him hell!

The Boston Globe today suspended without pay for two months a veteran sports reporter, Ron Borges, after allegations that he had plagiarized a portion of a football column from another sportswriter. Post #24 in the thread for full story - http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21965

Pats reportedly traded a 2nd and 7th to Miami for Wes Welker.

Adalius Thomas story by Peter King with contract details and a breakdown comparing it to Rosie's:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/04/thomas/index.html

Signing bonus: $12 million in 2007.

• Option bonus: $8 million payable in 2008, applied for cap reasons in equal $2 million increments in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

• Salaries: $900,000 in '07, $900,000 in '08, $1.9 million in '09, $4.9 million in '10 and $5.9 million in '11.

• Workout bonuses: $107,000 annually if he participates in the Patriots' offseason workout program in Foxboro.

• Cap numbers: In succession, beginning this year, $3.4 million, $5.4 million, $6.4 million, $9.4 million, $10.4 million.

Don Davis has retired: http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21964

Just wanted to chime in to say thanks for all our men and women who are over there right now. I've been to Iraq twice and Afghanistan twice so I know what your going through. Keep your heads up and your spirits high. We support you and your efforts.

If there is anything you need out there that we can provide plese let us know.

Good Luck to you Harrison, you will be outta there soon hopefully!!!

mod edit: Please don't include political commentary in this thread. We have a forum for that.

Just wanted you to see my new avatar.

NIce avatar...

We're insanely busy, Boxey. Lots to do and not a lot of time to do it in.

I did meet Shawn's CO, the other day and will definitely look him up when he gets back. HIs unit has not gotten much love from the media, so we want to start getting some coverage in on them ASAP so their families back in Germany and the States can see the great things they're doing over here.

I love the updates on the Pats and Sox...keep them coming. Looks like my beloved Bruins have gone into the tank...AGAIN.

Thanks to all for the well-wishes and support.

Major Kirk
Baghdad, Iraq
3/11/07

Back