How Would You Feel About..

PSC_Pats_Fan

Reaction score
The Pats trading one of their 2nd rounders for a teams 4th round pick this year and a #1 pick next year? (Lets say its a mediocre team like the Carolina Panthers, and not an upper-level team or a complete trainwreck like the Rams)

I would not like it initially, but then I would think well, this IS a deep draft and a 4th rounder could still yield a good player, plus we'd have THREE #1 picks next year which will be sweet especially if it is not a deep draft. Plus there will likely be a rookie salary cap, so we wouldn't have to pay the 3 first rounders huge money.

How would you feel about it?

Initial reaction...not bad if they think there will be a rookie salary restriction in the new CBA. That would give the Pats 3 #1s in 2011. Also would factor in how strong they expect the 2011 draft to be.

The time for stockpiling picks is done. It's time to get it done in the draft.

This year!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Nope. Next years picks won't be worth as much as this year's. I'd lean more towards trading our own #1 next year for an early 2nd this year, or perhaps packaging #22 if the guys we want aren't there with that pick to grab some day 2 value. For example, KC has #36, #50, and #68. Coincidentally, according to at least 1 draft board, that's about the same value, if the Patriots throw in a 5th-ish.

Way too many picks for opening spots. I would trade some of the lower round picks to move up this year. Like maybe a 4,5,6,7 for a 3 and a 6. Obviously, some of the picks are comps, can't trade them.

But, either way, it looks as if some of the picks will be worth nothing anyway...because of the openings available.

Back