I Am Legend

pookie

Incompetent
Reaction score
I just saw I Am Legend. Great movie in my opinion. Excellent effects, simple but interesting enough plot, some sad parts and some "time to go clean your shorts" parts. They did a really nice job making NYC look totally deserted, with grass growing up thru cracks in the streets and such. Fun movie. Go see it.

Oh ya... I almost forgot to tell you the most important part. There are ZOMBIES in it!!! Lots of flesh eating ZOMBIES! :thumb:

you lie....if I pay to see it at the show, and sit in a seat a 1000 other people have sat in, there better be zombies......:D

chiefsgal* on 12-15-2007 at 07:51 PM said:
you lie....if I pay to see it at the show, and sit in a seat a 1000 other people have sat in, there better be zombies......:D

Oh, there are zombies alright! And they're MEAN!!! And loud!

:eek: I can't wait...now don't tell me any of it, okay.....:D

hey pookie, how ya like this cold weather.....:banghead:

chiefsgal* on 12-15-2007 at 07:59 PM said:
:eek: I can't wait...now don't tell me any of it, okay.....:D

hey pookie, how ya like this cold weather.....:banghead:

Cold? It's 37 degrees here, which is not very cold. You sound like my wife, who's blood thinned the second we moved away from Mass. :D

That wind is kinda chilly though. Sweatshirt weather.

pookie* on 12-15-2007 at 09:02 PM said:
Cold? It's 37 degrees here, which is not very cold. You sound like my wife, who's blood thinned the second we moved away from Mass. :D

That wind is kinda chilly though. Sweatshirt weather.

it's freezing and it rained.....:(

Freezing and a Noreaster coming in here in the northeast. I may have to wait until Tuesday to see I am Legend now...bummer. but at least I have a day full of NFL football tomorrow...lol.

patsfanroach* on 12-15-2007 at 09:25 PM said:
Freezing and a Noreaster coming in here in the northeast.

I would die.....:eek:

I think in the original book they were vampires :p

The storm NE has coming ain't gonna be chit compared to the "Ice Storm of '98". What we got then is exactly what hit other states earlier this week. But it's worse for them than it was for us because it hit more states and some of those states aren't used to getting winter storms of that type.

nice i definitely want to catch it. I need any decent movie to replace the nightmare movie "No man No country or whatever that horrendous movie was called...

LVent* on 12-15-2007 at 09:52 PM said:
nice i definitely want to catch it. I need any decent movie to replace the nightmare movie "No man No country or whatever that horrendous movie was called...

Didn't like it? I haven't seen it yet but had planned on it.

I plan on seeing it Tuesday or Wednesday, when I'm off. As far as the weather goes, its 8" tomorrow then ice. And its 17 degrees out right now.

Fully* Tilted* on 12-15-2007 at 09:56 PM said:
Didn't like it? I haven't seen it yet but had planned on it.

I said when I left the theater I wasted 2 hours of my life Ill never get back :p I dont think it was as good as "hyped"....I cant really get into it without runing it for you since you never saw it ;)

LVent* on 12-15-2007 at 09:59 PM said:
I said when I left the theater I wasted 2 hours of my life Ill never get back :p I dont think it was as good as "hyped"....I cant really get into it without runing it for you since you never saw it ;)

You know how kids had to touch the burner to learn "hot"? I touched it twice, just to be sure.

I'll be seeing it regardless. :thumb: But no, I don't want any spoilers.

Fully* Tilted* on 12-15-2007 at 10:02 PM said:
You know how kids had to touch the burner to learn "hot"? I touched it twice, just to be sure.

I'll be seeing it regardless. :thumb: But no, I don't want any spoilers.

definitely I wouldn't want to ruin a movie for someone else. Let me know what you thought of it...maybe I missed something :p

LVent* on 12-15-2007 at 10:03 PM said:
definitely I wouldn't want to ruin a movie for someone else. Let me know what you thought of it...maybe I missed something :p

Will do :thumb:

And more on topic....I'm definitely also seeing I Am Legend. The book was set in Cali. NYC as a setting should be interesting.

If Chiefsgal was a zombie I would still kiss her zombie lips mmmmmm

pookie* on 12-15-2007 at 07:46 PM said:
Oh ya... I almost forgot to tell you the most important part. There are ZOMBIES in it!!! Lots of flesh eating ZOMBIES! :thumb:

Well, not to get TOO technical, but they're more like vampires, which if you read the book is what his intention was.

Thought they did a pretty good job with the flick. Smith was impressive, especially in a couple specific scenes which I won't delve into here. Definately worth the cost of admission.

Deviates from the original novel which can be good or bad, depending on your judgement.
I actually just got home from watching the movie myself and enjoyed it.
Do I recommend?
YES.

Back