Invite to Pats Fans

93North

19.2 Yard Average Per Catch. NFL Record
Reaction score
If you want gain a perspective on Kraft's plans to eliminate End Zone seating, try this.

Go to the Patriots game in Buffalo this year. It's a great venue for the average fan. The seats are packed close to the field. Deck #3 (300 level) hangs over the 200 level.

If the Bills get a lead (and they usually do), the stadium is bouncing off the earth. And it's not because the Bills fans are crazier, but is all about stadium design.

Kraft built a sub-par stadium for FOOTBALL. He could have opted for a smaller footprint, and a fully enclosed bowl, but he opted for a bigger structure that would allow for the introduction of five or more stories of luxury seating and larger end zone areas for pedestrians.

The result is a stadium that is poorly crafted to preserve the home field advantage that is the noise the home crowd provides.

Go to Buffalo and see for yourself.

If you have been to Buffalo, you already know.

Columbus Day weekend, not a bad trip. We would drive my camper when I had a driver but renting a camper for this game. I will not be going as it is my little girls 13th birthday weeend.

I know the camper parking lot is friendly and have had no issues in the general parking area.

I went to a game in Buffalo in 2005. I got several death threats and peed in a troff. :coffee:
miss those troffs in fenway, the line loved quicker but never stand beside a wobbly drunk.

I heard that fans could be nasty and I had a few tough guys say shit but it is easy to defuse with comments such as "this is me 16th nfl stadium and you are the biggest douche I have met yet"

Meh, I've been to Buffalo...it was a slightly larger version of Schaffer/Sullivan/Foxboro stadium. The cheap tickets make it a decent roadtrip though, stay in Niagra Falls Canada BTW.

pats and dolphins tickets are priced $28 (I think it is 28) more than other tickets. still a good value especially is syracuse is home and you catch a game there on saturday as you head out.

My brother lives in the Albany area (Clifton Park) and he is pumped at the prospect of taking our boys out to Orchard Park for the game. He's about 4.5 hours away. Tickets go on sale on June 27.

Any idea what I'm looking at for the cheap seats?

Was at the game where Wilfork blew up Jones. It is louder, but it wasn't louder to the point where it seemed to give a big advantage. The smallish concrete block concession area behind the seats felt like Alcatraz and the bathrooms were ridiculously small for the crowd size. Got heckled by a few fans, but I expected it in that house.....no biggie. Gillette makes the place look like a dump.

I went to Pats @ Buffalo in both 2013 and 2012. Last year, was the game that the Pats barely won. Without Amendola they lose the opener @ Buffalo.

2012 was amazing too. Pats coughed the ball up at least 3 times in the first half and were losing 21-7 early in the 3rd quarter. Ralph Wilson stadium (The Ralph) was bouncing!

Then, the Pats scored 45 points and by the 8 minute mark in the 4th quarter The Ralph was empty and only Pats fans remained.

A Pats offensive hurricane blew through Buffalo and left everyone stunned and bewildered.

Was at the game where Wilfork blew up Jones. It is louder, but it wasn't louder to the point where it seemed to give a big advantage. The smallish concrete block concession area behind the seats felt like Alcatraz and the bathrooms were ridiculously small for the crowd size. Got heckled by a few fans, but I expected it in that house.....no biggie. Gillette makes the place look like a dump.

The Ralph is a dump, a loud dump.

If you want to swill beer and run to the bathroom every 10 minutes, you will die at The Ralph. Bathroom issues are worse than the old Foxboro Stadium.

The Ralph is a dump, a loud dump. If you want to swill beer and run to the bathroom every 10 minutes, you will die at The Ralph. Bathroom issues are worse than the old Foxboro Stadium.
That's one of the big reasons why my dad gave up his season seats in 92. He told he got tired of watching people peeing in the sinks at foxboro stadium. Said he was not going to another game. Until they built a new one .
Don't forget unlike most stadiums . Patriots place was built without any tax player money. Just private donations & krafts money.

That's one of the big reasons why my dad gave up his season seats in 92. He told he got tired of watching people peeing in the sinks at foxboro stadium. Said he was not going to another game. Until they built a new one .
Don't forget unlike most stadiums . Patriots place was built without any tax player money. Just private donations & krafts money.

Cmgi stadium was built without any funding but a small amount of infastructure money from the state. Patriots place has nothing to do with the expense of the patriots, that was a private investment that I am sure paid for itself by now, same as the stadium and the team

Cmgi stadium was built without any funding but a small amount of infastructure money from the state. Patriots place has nothing to do with the expense of the patriots, that was a private investment that I am sure paid for itself by now, same as the stadium and the team
I lump it all together. CMGI field lasted what 3 or 4 months . Before they went bankrupt it became Gillette stadium.

I lump it all together. CMGI field lasted what 3 or 4 months . Before they went bankrupt it became Gillette stadium.

I know I just need to remind people of the previous name since I have one of the original "Family Bathroom" Signs with CMGI on it.

but I think the cost of the stadium has been made, wouldn't the tv deals alone have paid for that?

What's the deal with camping at the Bills stadium? I have a small (20') trailer. Is there room for pickup plus trailer camper? Is there a section for Visitor fans?

What's the deal with camping at the Bills stadium? I have a small (20') trailer. Is there room for pickup plus trailer camper? Is there a section for Visitor fans?
I never stayed but parked there for a couple games but they had some amazing setups, CHristmas time was lights and an enchanted village. they allow you in Saturday until Monday noon

LINK

My only memory of CMGI (the field or the company) is that one sportswriter said the acronym would be "Caucasian Men Gettting Intoxicated"

That's pretty damn funny!

The thing about CMGI is Kraft got to sell the rights to the stadium, TWICE

I never stayed but parked there for a couple games but they had some amazing setups, CHristmas time was lights and an enchanted village. they allow you in Saturday until Monday noon

LINK

I had heard that you could arrive on Thursday for a Sunday Bills game, provided you had a camper. I never believed that rumor.

I followed your link and the Bills don't tell you when "early arrival" begins.
but Saturday makes sense.

and that's kinda cool!

I noticed that there are fans that come down from Canada for Bills games
and many head east after the game indicating they are probably from around the Montreal area.

Back