JDNumbahz and LW's trip to Hawaii

Can't remember which port; these ship pics aren't in order.

This is from later in the trip, at Kona, the one port we tendered at (i.e. no dock, had to take the lifeboats over). Here's a shot of the last of the lifeboats coming back at the end of the day to re-moor.

Putting my suave moves on a hottie. She didn't respond, though. Very wooden. Guess I wasn't her type.

Opposite the main desk, stairs and panoramic elevators to the next level.

Went to the buffet for breakfast, was greeted with the best rainbows I've ever seen. (There's a reason their license plate has a rainbow on it, and it's not 'cause all Hawaiians are from Provincetown...)

The other half of the rainbow (actually halves, since it was a double rainbow... maybe a triple... possibly a home run...).

Weird weather in Hawaii. Literally, one singular cloud could be raining.

Sadly, I saw no unicorns sliding down them.

I'm not sure, but this might be in the direction of the Iao Valley on Maui.

I rented a car at each port and we drove around. First stop: the Iao Valley.

The most prominent feature in the Iao Valley is called the Needle.

I wonder if Yao Ming has ever been to the Iao Valley?

Drove down to the south shore of Maui.... it was around this time, on the radio, we got word of the Season-Ending Knee Injury That Shall Not Be Named. :mad:

This is where the humpback whales like to spend their winters. Alas, no whales yet (too early; they don't come in until October). The mothers give birth here. However, there's no food, so for the whole journey from Alaska, through the birthing, and until they head back to Alaska, they don't eat. Now THAT'S maternal dedication...

At the tourist town of Lahaina.

Back