Jets and Patriots: What a matchup!

I can't BELIEVE IT! You mean PATS FANS, with a QB that has won them two Super Bowls, would rather have their QB than another QB that has won NO Super Bowls?

That is CRAZY!

That is INSANSE!

I feel like I am on a Pats board or something...

(looks around)

Oh wait, I am.

Chad is our man. He is our QB. He will bring us to the promise land.

Better yet, he will beat you this week. :)

BZ

The only thing Pennington is going to bring is bad memories of Mayberry rfc in his post game quotes ......... Garsh Coach Shrek why they have'ta hit me soo harrd fer.
Thems is jus mean folk.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
The only thing Pennington is going to bring is bad memories of Mayberry rfc in his post game quotes ......... Garsh Coach Shrek why they have'ta hit me soo harrd fer.
Thems is jus mean folk.

:D But seriously though, no more mister nice guy. Jets -10

I believe Johnny will get to your boy enough to make him uncomfortable and he might throw a few pics:thumb:

blitz4life said:

I believe Johnny will get to your boy enough to make him uncomfortable and he might throw a few pics:thumb:

Sorry but you can't make Brady much more uncomfortable than he has been in the past 2 weeks. He got a chin/lip full of stitches vs the Finz then had his head nearly severed from his torso vs the Seahawks. He still won both games. As much as everybody likes to make Brady out to be a pretty boy, he's truly a damn tough cookie. Last year he threw the ball for a good part of the season with his elbow literally looking like there was a citrus fruit implanted in it.

After all, the kid was a catcher on his college baseball team. Catcher is THE most thankless job in all of sports.... (except for maybe left offensive tackle and lacrosse goalie).

Are Jets fans aware of Brady's record in OT and better yet just when a game is on the line?

You can keep your Chad Pennington thank you much. Someday you will all see reality but until then I guess you will just have to settle for another Sunday of "I told you so."

Screw Karma baby.......the Jets are going down this weekend.

blitz4life said:

After beating Miami's D, we will be fine with you guys I think....Brady HAS been pressured, and pulled through everytime.

BionicPatriot said:
After beating Miami's D, we will be fine with you guys I think....Brady HAS been pressured, and pulled through everytime.

Well, if you think you are going to win with a QB who throws less than 100 yards, you have some interesting things to watch on Sunday.

The difference with Miami is, while there D is good and keeps the game close, as I expect ours to do, they have no way of scoring points. We also have a better turnover ratio then they do. Miami is ranked next to last and we are ranked 3rd.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TURNOVERS/2004/regular?sort_col_1=9

This is going to be a great game. I don't think I will sleep much Sat night.

BZ

OK, I need to vent. This has been bothering me for a while.

I just don't get what, what seems to be every teams (fans) obsession is with comparing their QB to Brady?!?!? Go the the Colts sights and there is a debate about Manning vs. Brady(daily). Go to the Eagles sight and yet another debate, McNabb vs. Brady (last week was, "who would you take in the BIG game" - of course they said McNabb, ummm, we all know how he does in the NFC Championship BIG games, but they still would take McNabb). The Rams sight has a good one going today about how Bulger is a much more superior leader than Brady and how Brady just can't pull off what Bulger did against Seattle...and of course the Jets are classic with their weekly Brady trashing threads and what I would call kinda on the sick side Chad adoring posts.

What really amazes me is the fact that Pats boards never start off comparisons with Brady to any QB in the league - it just does not happen. I think this means, we are completely and 100% satisfied with our guy under center! Everyone else is trying to trash Brady because they just can not accept that a 6th round draft pick is this damned good at everything the Pats ask of him - On and off the field. He makes few mistakes when asked to win a game and few mistakes when asked to answer a question. He is a unique star and everyone(other than Pats fans) wants to see him fail to say "see, I told you so". Except, every year Brady shuts them all up because he works his butt off to get even BETTER! Who does that? Not many at this level, not with the ego's involved. What QB's other than Brady can you say continually say "I need to do this to get BETTER"???? Not one of them! Does he care about stats, NO! Does he care about Pro Bowls, NO! He just cares about W's and get them. That is ALL that matters.

Someone started a thread a while back about what makes Brady strive to get better when he has already won the big games...this is the answer. He has one huge chip on his shoulder to prove all of these naysayers wrong!

I honestly do not know if I would say he is outright the BEST QB in the league, but he is the BEST QB for the Pats. Nuff Said!

BCgirl said:
OK, I need to vent. This has been bothering me for a while.

I just don't get what, what seems to be every teams (fans) obsession is with comparing their QB to Brady?!?!? Go the the Colts sights and there is a debate about Manning vs. Brady(daily). Go to the Eagles sight and yet another debate, McNabb vs. Brady (last week was, "who would you take in the BIG game" - of course they said McNabb, ummm, we all know how he does in the NFC Championship BIG games, but they still would take McNabb). The Rams sight has a good one going today about how Bulger is a much more superior leader than Brady and how Brady just can't pull off what Bulger did against Seattle...and of course the Jets are classic with their weekly Brady trashing threads and what I would call kinda on the sick side Chad adoring posts.

What really amazes me is the fact that Pats boards never start off comparisons with Brady to any QB in the league - it just does not happen. I think this means, we are completely and 100% satisfied with our guy under center! Everyone else is trying to trash Brady because they just can not accept that a 6th round draft pick is this damned good at everything the Pats ask of him - On and off the field. He makes few mistakes when asked to win a game and few mistakes when asked to answer a question. He is a unique star and everyone(other than Pats fans) wants to see him fail to say "see, I told you so". Except, every year Brady shuts them all up because he works his butt off to get even BETTER! Who does that? Not many at this level, not with the ego's involved. What QB's other than Brady can you say continually say "I need to do this to get BETTER"???? Not one of them! Does he care about stats, NO! Does he care about Pro Bowls, NO! He just cares about W's and get them. That is ALL that matters.

Someone started a thread a while back about what makes Brady strive to get better when he has already won the big games...this is the answer. He has one huge chip on his shoulder to prove all of these naysayers wrong!

I honestly do not know if I would say he is outright the BEST QB in the league, but he is the BEST QB for the Pats. Nuff Said!

BCGirl, I think I love you. You are dead on balls accurate in your assessment of the jealousy level of other team's fans. It used to bother me too when people would trash Brady and talk about how he can't do this, or can't do that. Then I just figured out that it all stems from an incessant jealousy that these people have of the Patriots.

Those who compare their QB's to Brady are insecure about their OWN QB's! Patriots fans don't bother because they KNOW who they'd rather have as their QB. It ain't Donovan "I can't win the big game (at home, no less)" Mcnabb. It ain't Marc "watch me win regular season games and choke in the playoffs" Bulger. It ain't Peyton "I don't like it when my uniform gets dirty" Manning. It certainly ain't Chad "I've only won 1 playoff game in my career" Pennington. I could go on and on and on about how inferior every QB in the NFL is to Brady. Just take pride and enjoy the ride BCgirl, it's a special time in New England...............we have the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL. :thumb:

Exactly. The other teams can't handle that our QB, who doesn't have an ego and who didn't hold out for a big contract and who even rearranged his contract to help the team stay under the cap is among the best in the league, so they look for dumb little things to nitpick on.

And what is this BS with the Rams - Bulger is a "better leader"? What have the Rams done since we dismantled them in SB 36? Brady was only 24 when he took over a team from a QB who was the franchise for almost a decade and helped lead them to a Cinderella championship, and this Bulger clown is a better leader? Puh-leez!

Thanks ST and TB....I really needed to vent about that one. It helped!

Back