Johnny Football & U Florida Netflix Doc's

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
Watched a doc last night called "Untold:Johnny Football" on Netflix ,about Johnny Manziel. It's about 1:30 and I thought very interesting.
I remember watching him play in college and thinking it was just back yard football. He did have Mike Evans as a WR, and I remembered thinking that he would throw the ball up and Evan would either run under it or out jump the DB.
I don't think that Evan was even mentioned in the film.
It's really an interesting story and unlike most that have either a sad or happy ending, this could be either or both or somewhere in between. I couldn't make up my mind.

Last edited:
He is only 29 or 30 years old and it did mention in the doc briefly that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I'm not an expert but his behavior sure looked like it.
It didn't say in the documentary if he has accepted that and is in treatment or not. I hope so, he's has many years ahead if he can get himself squared away.

Last edited:
There is another "Untold" on Netflix about Urban Meyers Florida team. It features Tim Tebow and our own Brandon Spikes. It's a 4 part series. I've watched the first 2 so far. It's very interesting.
So many familiar names being mentioned.

Last edited:
Watched a doc last night called "Untold:Johnny Football" on Netflix ,about Johnny Manziel. It's about 1:30 and I thought very interesting.
I remember watching him play in college and thinking it was just back yard football. He did have Mike Evans as a WR, and I remembered thinking that he would throw the ball up and Evan would either run under it or out jump the DB.
I don't think that Evan was even mentioned in the film.
It's really an interesting story and unlike most that have either a sad or happy ending, this could be either or both or somewhere in between. I couldn't make up my mind.

I too watched this having already made my mind up that Manziel was a dipshit that never would have been a NFL-caliber player and the doc help solidify that viewpoint

I found the Kliff Kingsbury snippets revealing (as OC /QB coach of Manziel at A&M) in how painfully carefull he was in describing what it was like having to deal w/ the moron --- [I figure Manziel help earn him a Masters Degree in Moronology Handling, before he was HC in AZ having to deal w/ another dipshid in Kyler Murray] :)

a Manziel Crew Member's comment about how Johnny Football never cracking open a playbook at A&M was another knee-slapper to learn

then -- his parents -- abundantly featured in the doc, revealed how little they seemed to know (or care) how to reign in Manziel's behavior in high school let alone college

but I guess alls-well-that-ends-well when you can become a BRAND as a HS and college star QB whose only talent is runnin' around the gridiron like a dipshit kid w/ his hair on fire until he had to face men chasing him

Manziel's NFL & Endorsement Earnings as a Branded Dipshit

I watched it and felt no different at the end than I did before I watched it. He somewhat was who I thought he was before the documentary. There wasn't any doubt he had some form of a "disorder" with the erratic off-the-field behavior, really not that much different than Antonio Brown. The part of the documentary that revealed he didn't read the playbook at aTm told me all I needed to know as to why he never made it in the NFL regardless of the team. Jamarcus Russell all over again. I really do hope he's gotten help for his bipolar disorder and has learned from his mistakes. But he just falls on the long, long list of people who wasted a lot of God-given talent.

As I mentioned the doc on Netflix called Swamp Kings is very good, so far. It's a 4 part story of the Florida football team under Urban Meyers.
I didn’t know that Cam Newton was in the same Florida freshman class as Brandon Spikes, and AH.

I watched both and while I preferred Swamp Kings, both were up to Untold's very high standards though neither cracked my top 3.

I loved watching Manziel play ball but never realized the extent of his egomania and self-destructive ways. All I know is that he
was a show and a half between the lines, but he gloried in all the excess and partying like it was something to be proud of. Seems to
me that having a successful and lucrative NFL career was there for him, but he preferred to get fucked up. I felt bad for his parents. I
felt dirty watching him smirk his way through his death spiral as an athlete. I hope he cries himself to sleep every night.

I also thought that Swamp Kings did a good job of capturing the savage/primal intensity that is possible in a football team and hearing Tebow
talk about the pressure of the unreal expectations placed on him as America's Football Jesus was sad. I thought Urb got off scott-free and
they white-washed his sleazy track record to a large extent. He's a piece of shit, imo and 4 episodes could have required to detail his
transgressions and lies at every stop before people got wise to him.

The best Untold's for me were:

1. Crime and Penalites -- the unbelievable true story of the Danbury Trashers minor-league hockey team.
2. The Race of the Century -- the Aussies vs. loathsome NY Yacht Club in the America's Cup.
3. The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist -- The Manti Teo story

I agree that Myer got off lightly on his lack of discipline for off field incidents. He gave the sob story of the player who he kicked off the team and died of an OD a year later. Yes, that was tragic but not an excuse to turn a blind eye to the off field stuff of other players. AH is a good example.

Just saw that Swamp Kings is the #1 watched show on Netflix. But #1 is a daily thing on Netflix.

Back