Just Win, Baby - 6-11

spacecrime

Reaction score
I know some here wanted us to lose last night to tank for a better draft pick, and I have thought about getting the #1 overall, but watching the game last night in 4th quarter, I realized I just want the Pats to win. I assured my wife that the Bronco's O wasn't good enought to score 2 TDs and 2 2-point conversions, then got progressively more nervous as the quarter wound down. Then as soon as the ball for final field goal left Chad's foot I could see it was good and I was ELATED!

So, let's hope the Patriots do their part to keep the Bills out of the playoffs and as for the Jets...well. you know.

6-11 Baby. Go Pats. LFG!!!!!!!!

I don't think that professional football players and professional coaches would actually try to lose games. I think "tanking" is a media invention and some deranged fans actually think that teams want to lose.
The closest thing that I can remember was the Colts "sucking for Luck". Although I wouldn't put it past Isray to try to do that, I think the team just sucked. Didn't have a happy ending for them anyway.

I want my team to win every game that they play.

Last edited:
I don't think that professional football players and professional coaches would actually try to lose games. I think "tanking" is a media invention and some deranged fans actually think that teams want to lose.
The closest thing that I can remember was the Colts "sucking for Luck". Although I wouldn't put it past Isray to try to do that, I think the team just sucked. Didn't have a happy ending for them anyway.

I want my team to win every game that they play.
Players will never fail to play hard. Their tape and pride is important. The leadership can try to organically tank by trading away assets and starting younger/lesser players as well as failing to put them in the best position. I live in Jax Beach, and the Jaguars did that in 2020. I remember the Bears had a 3rd and 5 against them in a close game and the secondary was playing off man coverage, outside shade, with their DBs lined up about 15 yards off their man. Slant. Pitch and catch for a first down.

Back