dashoe

Reaction score
When Ted Kennedy died on August 25, 2009, Massachusetts law required the state to hold a special election to fill the opening he left in the US Senate. That law was put in place by the state legislature in 2004 when John Kerry ran for President, and it was championed by Ted Kennedy himself. Why? The governor at the time, Mitt Romney, was a Republican — and Kennedy didn’t want Romney appointing an interim replacement that wasn’t a Democrat.

Fast forward five years, to when Kennedy was days away from death. The Kennedy family released a letter written by the Senator demanding that the law he pushed in 2004 get repealed in 2009 in order to allow Governor Deval Patrick to appoint his successor. Why? Patrick is a Democrat and a reliable liberal who would select someone in Kennedy’s mold. The state legislature responded by acceding to Kennedy’s dying wish and Patrick appointed Paul Kirk to fill Kennedy’s seat temporarily, until the special election could be held.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/15/did-democrats-outsmart-themselves-in-massachusetts/

It's time to end the corruption and prove Massachusetts is still a democracy no matter how hard liberal Democrats try to destroy freedom by changing the rules to continue their rule.

http://www.brownforussenate.com/

I agree with Dashoe on something...hell, it's freezing ovah.

Hey Dashoe - I just wanted to say that I disagree with universal healthcare very much. As far left as I am, I don't believe the government should get involved in this degree of private sectors. I believe in allowing the business man to make a dollar. I don't believe in people abusing the system. At the end of Teddy's life he had some solid ideas. I disagree with more than he encourage, but he is better than some. If you don't wanna reply because you didn't make it pass the first sentence, then go back to listening to Rush. If not then post more often and lets talk. Left wing is always looking for a common ground.

Hey Dawson..."Why do the birds fly upside down over Massachusetts?"

A: It's not worth shitting on !

I would think that you would want a Democrat Dash hole since Indiana is one of our welfare states that receives more federal dollars than it gives the government in taxes. Be careful, you might lose Uncle Sugar's federal dollars and you guys will be back to one room school houses and brushing your teeth with straw. ROFL

I hear you guys have the Paw Sox :jester: Thats the highlight of RI. LOL

Seriously, for $9 you get the bests seat in the house.. and beers don't cost $9.. it's a good night out for the family, buy the tickets for the fireworks games online early in the season. :D

Back