Last Chance U - Season 2

DeflateThis

Reaction score
I don't know if the show has been discussed on PP, but the first season was entertaining and interesting.
All episodes of season 2 will be aired on Netflix july 21st. Worth putting on the watchlist for the summer.

I actually had not heard of it and had to look it up:

This Netflix original series follows a group of young men on the brink of becoming NFL stars. The players are the most recent recruits at East Mississippi Community College, which boasts three national championship titles over five years. The team is led by intimidating coach Buddy Stephens, whose win-or-else methods have helped players reach the NFL. As the Lions enter another season, the players are faced with personal challenges, and their judgments are tested on and off the field. Methods are questioned as the team does whatever it takes to achieve success.

I watch a lot of Netflix shows, so I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks.

I actually had not heard of it and had to look it up:

This Netflix original series follows a group of young men on the brink of becoming NFL stars. The players are the most recent recruits at East Mississippi Community College, which boasts three national championship titles over five years. The team is led by intimidating coach Buddy Stephens, whose win-or-else methods have helped players reach the NFL. As the Lions enter another season, the players are faced with personal challenges, and their judgments are tested on and off the field. Methods are questioned as the team does whatever it takes to achieve success.

I watch a lot of Netflix shows, so I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks.

It's definitely worth a look. It's a documentary that follows the students(players) through a season. Lots of characters...

Ive finished season 2. Good season, but not as good as the first one. The players seem more aware that they will look bad for the scouts watching the show, so you dont get the same chatacters as in season 1.

I just binged season 2 and thought it was a credible enough sequel to the excellent season 1.

The most compelling aspect to the show, imo, is not the crazy-assed HC Buddy Stevens or the hardest-working female in football in Britney -- the players academic advisor slash surrogate Mother. Britney is simply incredible, but where this show delivers biggest is in showing America troubled, young black guys attempt to get out of wherever and whatever they came from through football. And some of their stories are simply gut-wrenching. Awful.

Most of these guys, at least the guys they focus on, think that school is a joke and is simply an annoying technicality they have to fake their way though in order to stay eligible, which is both honest and really unbelievable to watch from the inside.

You'll see kids with obvious psychological issues struggling to handle things that would be quite easy to do for folks with more stable backgrounds. Sometimes you want to scream at a guy to just shut up and stop being such an unbelievable jackass, but.......some of these kids don't know how to not be their own worst enemy. Their culture is so different that at times it's like a glimpse into a different world entirely from the one that I'm used to. It's quite eye-opening.

It's a complete and total trainwreck at times, but a very enlightening show and well worth viewing.

Back