Let's all get fit

I just got done eating fried pickles, onion rings, and a 1/2 lb burger straight from the pasture. Yum. I eat what I like but I ride a bike 1/2 hour a day, 5 days a week. I don't really gain weight easily though.

Good for you Steve-0. Keep it up.
When my kids were born, I gave up playing softball 6 nights a week, gave up skiing all winter, and shortly grew to a beer fueled 255 pounds.
I had the family over on a holiday and my sister tells me that's a great gut you got going there. That really pissed me off, and I knocked off 60 and got to 195 in a year. Just like you, eat less, exercise more. Been that way for 12 years now and haven't varied more than 10 lbs. in that time one way or the other. I was 189 this morning in fact.

I've lost 2 and a half pounds in two weeks by adding an extra half an hour to my walk to the train in the morning and evening (I have a number of different lines into work, so I've picked one which takes longer to reach). Also, we're much more conscious of what we eat.

Having said that, I got shitfaced last night and ate a kebab. I'm going to make up for it today, though, by going for a walk and eating a lot less than normal. It's worth pointing out that I'm VERY obese so any tips to help sustain weight loss which are fun and realistic are much appreciated.

I had a doctors app in jan and wieght was 292 , I knew it was gonna be high but didn't think it would be that high I stopped wieghing myself when i hit 275.

I go every 6 months to the doctor , one is a check-up the other a full physical,
at my next app in july I wieghed 250, and I guess that wasn't good enough for
the doctor he said for my hieght 6'5" i should be in the 210-220 range i set my
goal at 230 for my next app and am currently at 238. i don't want to go anyless
than 230.

looking back it was hard to get started but once you notice the wieght coming off
it got easy, I basically stopped drinking all soda and beer and cut out all chips and cup cakes, I drink only water and green Tea and eat lots of fruit and for food its
lots of salads with grilled chicken , baked fish, tuna from the can.

For exercise I work-out with wieghts 3-4 times a week and walk 3 miles a day.

I know most people who lose wieght put most of it back on but i know for a fact
i won't be going back to those old habits and set long term goals so I will stay at
it for a long time.

Ah, someone whose weight I can relate to. Congrats, btw. I might try the weights thing as well. I used to do weights and I noticed from t-mack's comments that it helps to burn off calories. I have to find a gym with regular guys rather than posers.

Good point about weight lifting. I've never found anything the (for me) helps burn fat like weights. I'm not into long lift sessions to get buff like I was when I was younger (and I was never all that buff.... narrow frame, had trouble "gaining" weight) but for keeping that beer-induced spare tire at bay, weights seem to work the best.
This is on top of anything else I'm already doing (or at least trying to do)

So, today I dug all of my pants that have been stashed on the closet for 4-5 years out, and they all fit. Who wants my fat pants? :woohoo:
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm currently stuck at 40lbs down in the last year (well, now about a year and 3 weeks). Still, it's nice feeling the slacks I bought when I started the new job barely staying up (and one pair wouldn't without the belt). I'm trying to drop another 10lbs before I get them taken in.

I signed up on fatsecret.com. They made the Droid app I've been using to track my eating and exercise. It's pretty useful. I'm at 226.5, almost halfway to my goal.

Errtime I see the thread title I immediately think of the song "Let's get physical". :cuss:

No more excuses:

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/inuKMwBSpEY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Checking in. I'm down to 222.0. Officially halfway to my goal.

I was sick all weekend, so I lost over a pound in two days, despite the fact that I didn't exercise a bit and ate nonstop. Who wants some o' this? It really works!
:insane:

Anyone else got updates?

Checking in. I'm down to 222.0. Officially halfway to my goal.

I was sick all weekend, so I lost over a pound in two days, despite the fact that I didn't exercise a bit and ate nonstop. Who wants some o' this? It really works!
:insane:

Anyone else got updates?

Lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. Got the Fatsecret calorie counter for my blackberry when you started this thread. I have been tracking what I eat. makes a difference.

I haven't started yet ,but I'm ready. I drink way too much beer on the weekends.

I don't eat that bad, but don't get any exercise.

I figure i'll start walking, and stop drinking. I plan on going to the gym with my wife in a few weeks.

Lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. Got the Fatsecret calorie counter for my blackberry when you started this thread. I have been tracking what I eat. makes a difference.

Good job!

It really does make a huge difference just keeping track.

One of the guys I work with is dieting, but he has no concept of calories. He calculates everything as "500 calories" whether it's a salad, a pizza... ROFL

Good job!

It really does make a huge difference just keeping track.

One of the guys I work with is dieting, but he has no concept of calories. He calculates everything as "500 calories" whether it's a salad, a pizza... ROFL

Now I just need to kick in the exercise part or this won't go anywhere.

Back