Live from Iraq,,,,,,,yeah I am still here!

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
Hey all, just a note to let everyone know that it still sucks here in Tikrit. Those pesky Iraqi's just aren't figuring it out too quick. Still trying to blow us up. Thankfully they keep missing me.

The weather has finally cooled off. Of course at night 75 feels down right frigid. Still too much dust though.

Good news is that it appears I may actually get to spend a couple weeks at home with my wife and daughter come Dec. Of course after 8 months away, 2 weeks won't be much but I will take what I can get. Should only have 3-4 months left over here after that.

More good news is the way the Pats are playing right now. No stars just good football, executed by the TEAM. I like it. Ofcourse I always get nervous when we have to play teams like the Browns. Seems like those are the games that bite us in the ass. The last time I was outside the US the Pats won a SB. Well, I won't be there this year either, so heres to winning while I am gone. I'll sacrifice for the team and stay gone if need be.

Finally, thanks to Pats Butterfly for the pm message checking up on me and to Pookie for the delectable photo in the Girlie Picture Thread. Also to bideau, sorry had to edit you in, didn't see your post before, thanks for the thought and the welcome.

Here's to the Pats, bring on the Browns.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man oh man.....

I'm sure I can speak for everybody and say that we are happy to see your slap happy Pats lovin' ass back on this board!!! :cool:

How does one get online in Tikrit anyway?

But really, it's good to see you here again. Continue to be safe please. We pray for all you guys and gals over there and your families. I hope your short time home will be for the Xmas holiday (or whichever holiday your family celebrates)!

Be good Buck. God bless. You guys are the true heroes and we're all lucky to know you.....even if it is online.

Well guys, the Pats won a SB when we had these problems before, so lets unleash the American team once more eh?;) But hey, I dont know you...but man thanks alot for helping our country. You guys are true heroes.

Good to see you Buck,

Congrats on your leave and I'm sure the Wild family is psyched about seeing you again.

I hope that the way the Pats are playing is a boost to your spirits over there and you get home safe and sound and as soon as possible.

Loved that picture of you with the Pats flag in front of that "state-of-the-art" Iraqui jet and cross posted it to other boards and people were amazed by it.

Take care.

Hawg73 said:
Good to see you Buck,

Congrats on your leave and I'm sure the Wild family is psyched about seeing you again.

I hope that the way the Pats are playing is a boost to your spirits over there and you get home safe and sound and as soon as possible.

Loved that picture of you with the Pats flag in front of that "state-of-the-art" Iraqui jet and cross posted it to other boards and people were amazed by it.

Take care.

For those who've never seen the picture that Hawg is referring to, here's a link to the thread.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3665

First thanks to all for the kind words.

To Pookie: We actually have satellite connections now. Not your Dads Army. It doesn't always work as advertised but it is better than nothing, there are still lots of troops over here with nothing so I am thankful for what I do have. It doesn't appear that I will be home for xmas, I will be back here for that, only get 2 weeks in early Dec. I will take what ever they give. 8 months is a long time to go with out seeing the wife and daughter, so if they said 15 minutes I would take it.

Hawg: Thanks for spreading the pic around. I think it is good for Pats fans to see the flag flying in victory. I am going to try to post some more but our connection isn't always reliable and I don't always have the time or oppurtunity, but I will try.

To All: Thanks again for the kind words and I will try to post a little more regular now.

Brown is a color....NOT a football team!

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back