Lol, bspn...

They never get anything else right, why start now?

Is this the one where Brady gets traded to the Broncos?

It started this afternoon when a Twitter impostor pretending to be Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported that free agent defensive end Olivier Vernon would sign with the Jaguars. Someone at ESPN saw the tweet, didn’t realize it was fake, and informed ESPN’s on-air people of the report, which they proceeded to discuss on NFL Live. Trey Wingo, Adam Schefter, Tedy Bruschi, Herman Edwards and Tim Hasselbeck all spent several minutes discussing how Vernon would affect the Jaguars’ defense.

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dumbasses....................lol.

You expect anything less. They don't care about fact checking. If they hear a good rumor. There going to make it huge headline news. Too bad mortenson didn't get to report this first

That was my boy Chaps that got them on that. He's a huge Jaguars fan and trolls every free agency. God help us when he gets a blue check mark due to how many followers he has now. ROFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/espn-falls-for-fake-jay-glazer-report-on-live-tv/

It seems they applied their usual level of fact checking before rushing a scoop to live air. Too bad it was all a fake!

ROFL

:dbanana:

How a single Jaguars fan tricked ESPN into reporting a fake NFL rumor

#Dolphins DE Oliver Vernon headed north to Jacksonville for 4yrs 75.5 mil.
— chaps (@UncleChaps) March 9, 2016
This was originally tweeted with Glazer's photo, and his name. Then something happened. There was a complete breakdown somewhere in the telephone game of NFL news and suddenly ESPN had a ticker of, you guessed it, Oliver Vernon agreeing to a 4 year, $75.5 million deal with the Jaguars. They attributed the report to Glazer.
They realized their mistake far too late.
ESPN duped by Ole Chaps. RT @KennyDucey: .@unclechaps is on the board pic.twitter.com/Rt8l8Fg8cH
— Andy Dufresne (@theunzippedfly) March 9, 2016

Glazer, who is routinely upset at ESPN's lack of attribution to his breaking news, took it all in stride.
Damn I finally get credit from ESPN and it's not even from my real account??? Damn, so close. I kid... but only bc it's funny
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) March 9, 2016
We reached out to Uncle Chaps and he has issued the following heartfelt statement.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/9/11...r-oliver-vernon-espn-adam-schefter-jay-glazer

Click on the video. This guy's terrific.

Back