Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving???

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Mike Reiss asked NE Patriot players what their favorite food on the Thanksgiving table is, and a large number said, "Mac and cheese". What?!? Ain't never heard of nobody putting that on a Thanksgiving table! Is that a regional thing? Folks do it here in New England? (I'm from CA originally) Any other "non-traditional things folks have?

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Mike Reiss asked NE Patriot players what their favorite food on the Thanksgiving table is, and a large number said, "Mac and cheese". What?!? Ain't never heard of nobody putting that on a Thanksgiving table! Is that a regional thing? Folks do it here in New England? (I'm from CA originally) Any other "non-traditional things folks have?

I think people have a lot of local traditions that influence their turkey day menu.

I grew up in an Italian household, and what my Dad liked to do on Thanksgiving was make a huge pot of steamed artichokes. We'd have them around noon as an appetizer, and then we started the main meal between 1 and 2.

We never did mac-n-cheese, though. Which suited me - my sisters and Mom were crazy for it, but my Dad and I were blah about it. On major holidays my Dad did most of the cooking, so there was no way it would make it onto the menu.

It's a black thing, (it might have originated in the south, but I'm not sure about that). We also have ham along with turkey. I was at one dinner where a rib roast was served (along with turkey).

:shrug_n:

We regularly do mac and cheese for Thanksgiving, plus all the traditional stuff.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It's a black thing, (it might have originated in the south, but I'm not sure about that). We also have ham along with turkey. I was at one dinner where a rib roast was served (along with turkey).

:shrug_n:

Of all the "black things", collards are my favorite. Lori is not interested in adding it to our traditional thanksgiving menu. :sulk:

Happy thanksgiving.

My sisters and Mom and I returned home from Florida on Thanksgiving in 1991, and we ate Kraft m&c because we had nothing else in the house to eat :sulk:

We were 'treated' to stale turkey sandwiches and Oreos on the plane :banghead:

Back