• Domino's

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Papa John's

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
RavenB on 01-19-2007 at 09:41 AM said:
Famous Pizza is terrific. I haven't been to Caserta's in years.

Ever driven past Famous into CT? - Kickapoo's Pizza is worth it.

Occasionally drive to Plainfield to see my sister. Whereabouts is Kickapoo's?

RhodyPatsFan on 01-19-2007 at 09:46 AM said:
Occasionally drive to Plainfield to see my sister. Whereabouts is Kickapoo's?

Oops - like a real RIer, I can get there but can't give directions. They are right on route 6. I checked the address its 817 Providence Pike in Danielson. Set back on the road without much stuff around it but they've been around for a while.

Also, I spelled it wrong - it's Kikapoo if you want to look it up. Definitely worth the stop.

RavenB on 01-19-2007 at 09:53 AM said:
Oops - like a real RIer, I can get there but can't give directions. They are right on route 6. I checked the address its 817 Providence Pike in Danielson. Set back on the road without much stuff around it but they've been around for a while.

Also, I spelled it wrong - it's Kikapoo if you want to look it up. Definitely worth the stop.

Must be right after the 395 Exit, I'll assume.

RhodyPatsFan on 01-19-2007 at 09:57 AM said:
Must be right after the 395 Exit, I'll assume.

I think it is right before 395 - but I haven't been up that way in a while. Tried about 6-8 mos ago they were closed for renovations.

JD10367 on 07-13-2006 at 09:46 AM said:
Been a while since I've had pizza up there, but when I lived in Meffuh (a/k/a Medford) there was a place I used to go to that was awesome. Can't remember the name, but it was on a main street, think it was simply named after the street, corner joint with full restaurant and bar but I only got take-out pizza...

Damn you remember the name! After Dunkin Donuts, and nail salons all we got in Meffuh is Pizza joints. Let me see if I can help,
Toni's by George
Pinky's Pizza
Boccelli's Restaurant

mgoblue101415 on 07-13-2006 at 01:01 PM said:
The grocery stores around here now carry frozen pizza from pretty much all the big Chicago pizza joints. My only hope of surviving out in Boston would be that the stores out there eventually started carrying them. Or, maybe I could get the restaurant themselves to send frozen pizzas UPS or something.

But it isn't just the "big" pizza joints like Giordano's or Uno's, which are awesome, it's just the little mom and pop places all over the friggin place. Just about every mile or two there's another pizza joint, with awesome pizza

I've tried the frozen version of Home Run Inn, and it isn't even close to how good the original is. Much like frozen White Castle (which is the only way I can get my slider fix these days), something just happens to make it too bland. I think I'm gonna have to take a week and spend some time with my brother in Downtown Chicago, just for the eats.

Happyman on 01-19-2007 at 11:51 AM said:
Hey, how many folks do we have here from the twin cities? I always thought I was part of the classless minority!! Now I'm finding out that I'm part of the classless majority!!! Absurd!!

FWIW, I am from the clan Vallee

Yup, that's another name I know. Same clan as Bobby?

Happyman on 01-19-2007 at 11:51 AM said:
Hey, how many folks do we have here from the twin cities? I always thought I was part of the classless minority!! Now I'm finding out that I'm part of the classless majority!!! Absurd!!

FWIW, I am from the clan Vallee

I'm from the Robideau clan. As I said earlier, going to St. B's, I knew alot of people from the entire area. I know I came across some Vallee's during my growing up years.

Yup, sounds about right a bunch of French and Italians. My father's family was one of the first families on French Hill and still have a house on 9th street. Not to mention there are a couple of parks around the area named after my uncle "Stiff".

CleatMarks on 01-19-2007 at 01:02 PM said:
Yup, sounds about right a bunch of French and Italians. My father's family was one of the first families on French Hill and still have a house on 9th street. Not to mention there are a couple of parks around the area named after my uncle "Stiff".

12th street park I'm assuming? I played Little League there as a kid!!

My great gradfather owned and operated Vallee's Dairy from French Hill way back when. The motto was "Vallee's Dairy; you can whip our cream, but you can't beat our milk!"

I've got a bunch of older brothers, sisters, and cousins. I was one of the youngest from our generation, and left the area at 18 for the Army, came back briefly 8 years later, then left for good.

Embarrassingly enough, I don't remember which ones. I don't think the 12th street field but I'm sure one of them is a baseball field. I left years ago for the same reason (Army). I came back after I got out but only lasted a short time there but haven't been back home except for family matters for years.

My father drove a milk truck for a short time when he was young so it was probably for Vallee guessing by the proximity. Small world.

Back