MERGED - Vinatieri Signs with the Colts

Prometheus 441

Reaction score
Adam to the Colts

I am deeply saddened.I just heard Mike Hall reporting that Adam has tenitively reached a deal to sign with the posts.Its hard to come up with any positive spin on this one folks.:(

BREAKING NEWS: Holley Reports Vinatieri Signed w/Indy Colts

Michael Holley has reported that Adam Vinatieri has signed with the Indy Colts (just now on WEEI)

Man, I don't know even if the Pats offered him what he wanted, would he have stayed?? He's been pissed at the Pats lately.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Holley Reports Vinatieri Signed w/Indy Colts

Dan Pires said:
Michael Holley has reported that Adam Vinatieri has signed with the Indy Colts (just now on WEEI)
SHOOT THE FRIGGIN' MESSENGER

I was trying to post this same message when my computer crashed.

I think I am going to be sick...I was prepared if Adam signed with Green Bay, Dallas or even Miami.

But I was not prepared for the fricking Indianapolis Colts.

Max83 said:
Didn't the Colts offer him $3 mil?

As is the custom in this horse trade, we'll find out in due time - probably by 9 tonight.

Knowing the Colts and Polian's lust of the Pats, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him $4M per and a dozen hand maidens.

Its now being reported that this dealis supposed to be finalized in the next few hours and an annoucement by the Colts sometime this evening.The issue at hand on Adams contract is that he was looking for guarenteed years and an undisclosed amount of money in his contract.

Holley had better be right with this info because if not, he will never recover what cred he has and will sink below, if possible, the perception of local fans opinions of Shank Shaughnessey and Lucretia Borges

RoadGrader said:
Holley had better be right with this info because if not, he will never recover what cred he has and will sink below, if possible, the perception of local fans opinions of Shank Shaughnessey and Lucretia Borges

Holley's got a lot resting on this. I'm sure for him to stick his neck out this far, he's getting the info straight from the source or someone very close to it.

props to you, Prometheus, for not the content but the timeliness of the story you have posted.

thanks....I think

This has to be one of the biggest kicks in the balls this organization has ever received.

I know Adam wanted top money, but he is the top kicker in the league. He was worth the money he wanted and the Pats shoulda gave it to him.

I'm completely shocked though I'm also reserving the possibility that this falls through. It'll be reported when its final and until then anything could happen and I am praying that something does happen.

I categorically REFUSE to believe it until I see that rediculous horse shoe on his noggin.

I think he switched to Willie's agent.
I hate this guy.:mad:

Well,thanks RoadGrader.Its never a happy occasion to bring such news.This is as big as it gets in Foxboro and just wanted to share it with everyone.I am sure all of us fans share in that hollow feeling knowing that Adam will be moving on.He has such an important part of team (family) for so long now.I considered him to be the one truely indespensible player we had on the team.I guess we will find out if that accessment on part is true or not.:(

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5432216

Report: Vinatieri signs with Colts

Another big piece of the New England Patriots' dynasty is leaving the team.

Kicker Adam Vinatieri — who kicked two game-winning field goals in Patriots Super Bowl wins, as well as another game-winning kick in an epic divisional playoff game against the Raiders — has signed with the Colts, Boston-based sports-talk radio station WEEI is reporting.

The Patriots declined to protect their kicker, who had been named the team's franchise player twice, with the franchise player tag.

"It just didn't feel like the right thing to do," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "We considered all our options and decided not to tag anybody."

Last week, linebacker Willie McGinest was signed to a three-year, $12 million contract by the Browns, with whom the two-time Pro Bowl selection will reunite with former Patriots defensive coordinator and current Browns head coach Romeo Crennel.

The Patriots also lost starting receiver David Givens, who signed with the Titans. Also uncertain is the future of receiver/defensive back Troy Brown.

Well, in the spirit of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em," I guess the Colts figured, "if you can't beat him... sign him".

If this happens, the Patriots have no one to blame but themselves, and I hope that ALL of Patriots Nation is SEVERELY PISSED OFF about it. It's absolutely ridiculous that this was allowed to happen.

The talking heads have been saying, "Well, you can't pay Adam too much because the Pats have set levels, blah blah blah." Bullshit! The difference in what Adam wanted and what the Pats were willing to give was probably, what? A half million a year? Throw in a signing bonus difference, and you're still probably talking less money than the Pats have THROWN AWAY on players like Tyrone Poole.

Now, if this is true, Adam will go to a place where he can help the Colts win a couple more games, whereas the Pats will have to sign a crappier replacement which will cost them a few games.

I'm pushing the Kool-Aid glass away from me if this signing goes through, and I think I speak for a lot of Patriots fans when I say to Belichick and Pioli: up until now, you've done good work, but for this fiasco, I say :4321:

Merging the threads so we can comment in one place.

Back