My Top 10's of Fantasy Football

Patriot Ron

Reaction score
Top 10 Fantasy RB's

1.L Tomlinson - This is a no brainer.. Will he improve on last seasons numbers? I dont think so , but I dont think Norv Turner can mess up enough to keep LT from being the tops in FF points.

2.S Jackson - Faulk is no longer in his head and he is focused on proving hes worthy of being ranked this high. Jackson has made it known that he intends to break 2500 total yds this season.

3.J Addai - This is my stud RB to improve upon his outstanding rookie season that topped off with a SB Victory, Addai has the talent to be one of the best and plays in a system that suits him perfectly. I see him getting better adjusted to his calling and relaxing more with Rhodes gone. He will be the E James that Manning was used to having with greater speed.

4.F Gore - Showed he was able to carry the load and is set to be the work horse out of the gate this season. He must get his fumbles down or he might lose carries as a result , but I think he will improve in that area.

5.L Johnson - KC will be hurt by losses on the O line and this will result in more pressure on the QB that will lead to errors , turnovers and punts.. An already weak D puts KC playing from behind more often and taking the running game out of the plan. Johnson drops off this season.

6.S Alexander - Coming off a down season Alexander will rebound and be the work horse for Seattle once again. I look for better numbers than last year but not on par with top 5 producers.

7.R Johnson - Cincinnati will be one of the top Offenses in the NFL and Johnson will be the key rusher and will get more production recieving than in previous years. If Cincys D doesnt get on task Cincy may find themselves in shootouts all year with an O that can hang with anyone look for good numbers from their skill guys.

8.L Maroney - Dillon is gone and the load at RB will fall on the shoulders of Maroney to live up to the hype of his abilities. Lets hope his shoulders are ready. I think if hes healthy Maroney will have a break out season with all the weapons the Patriots added to open up that Offense. I see big numbers from NE's runners as Defenses scury to cover other studs making RB's and TE's harder to contain.

9.M Jones-Drew - will be the feature back with Taylor pulling clean up this season a reverse of last years style. I think Drew will live up to the task and produce big in that system.

10.B Westbrook - Once again he will get it done both thru the air and on the ground and on special teams.Westbrook will be the guy and will keep his numbers 0n pace for 1500 total yrds and 12 TDs.

RB's that could easily break into this group and unseat one of my guys:

R Brown - in Cam Camerons running system
T Henry - behind Denvers line and scheme
T Jones - who produces everywhere he goes
W McGahee - who might be a dark horse in that new system

More to come
WR'
QB's

Nice Post man, I actually have a draft in a few hours on a Yahoo fantasy league, I am the commish for a Coltfreaks League every year also which we dont draft till more like mid August, I just cant help myself with this one league drafting it so early.

One thing I do think Westbrook is better then 1500 total yards, He should get close to 2000 total.

I might disagree with Gore and Jackson being ranked so high, but it depends on the scoring system for the league.
In my league, a RB gets a point every 25 yards and a bonus point at 100 yards, whereas a TD alone is worth 6 points. Gore doesn't get enough TD's to rank so high in my league, and I am not sure how many Jackson will get this year. A 95 yard day is only worth 3 points in my league, but a single goal line 1 yd TD is worth 6.
In future posts, maybe you should give a quick summary of your scoring system....a point for every 10 yards, 25 yards, or whatever. It makes a big difference how many point yardage is worth.

Baron Samedi on 06-14-2007 at 09:30 AM said:
I might disagree with Gore and Jackson being ranked so high, but it depends on the scoring system for the league.
In my league, a RB gets a point every 25 yards and a bonus point at 100 yards, whereas a TD alone is worth 6 points. Gore doesn't get enough TD's to rank so high in my league, and I am not sure how many Jackson will get this year. A 95 yard day is only worth 3 points in my league, but a single goal line 1 yd TD is worth 6.
In future posts, maybe you should give a quick summary of your scoring system....a point for every 10 yards, 25 yards, or whatever. It makes a big difference how many point yardage is worth.
I base my thinking on

10 or 20 yds a point with 6 pt TDs .. either point system will work as it will be equal to all RB's .. Sure you have the TD getters that dont get yds on par with top names but they will get enough Td's to hold up in rankings. Gore will be the stud in SF baring injury.
Jackson had 16 Td's last season , I think that number goes up with yardage rising also.Gore had 2100 tl yds last year and 10 TD's with 5 lost fumbles that took carries away while he pondered holding on to the ball.
I think one of these two will win the rushing title as LT gets more looks in the passing game to boost a weak WR corp in SD.
I think it will be Jackson.

WR's

Wide Receivers

1.C Johnson - His mouth never closes , Like him its always open. Add in another year of growing into this system with no changes to terminolgy Palmer looks to have a great year and Chad will be his guy.
2.S Smith - Maybe the best WR in the game but lacks the help around him to keep him from being doubled and triple covered. Carolinas lack of star power to draw heat away from Smith will drop his numbers slightly.
3.M Harrison - Like Chad without the talk will go out and be a 90 to 100 catch WR despite double coverages. Will put up great stats in what I see might be his last year.
4.T Holt - Still in the top of the cream , but has dropped in production with the running approach taking top billing in the Rams new system.
5.T Owens - Always finds a way to remain on top even if his mouth isnt the biggest in the league any longer. Romo will find him often to keep Dallas in the hunt and T.O in the front.
6.L Fitzgerald - His size and talent push him closer to the top this year IF leinart is able to stay on his feet and healthy. This O starts to gel we may see a Cardinal post season.
7.R Williams - Come on, Roy has been producing big since day one and MR WR C Johnson will ease some coverage on him. Roy will get his catches in and stay at the top of the pack in FF production.
8.R Moss - Yes I said it , 3 or 4 years ago Moss was the BEST WR in the NFL. A sparked will to prove hes still there and the talent at QB to use his talent , Brady makes Moss a FF stud again.
9.R Wayne - The only team with 2 WR's in top 10 will be the Colts as they have in essense 2 #1's playing and you cant shut both down. With everyone gunning at stopping the Champs from repeating , they may be playing from beind more than usual ..... Wait that is usual.
10.M Colston - Brees made him a FF stud in his rookie season and now he will be the #1 guy in N.O. I see Bush and Colston having huge years in FF.

WR's to push for top spots :

T Houshmandzadeh - will ease Chad's load and get his own mark on Cincy's O
J Walker - will be tops in Denver if Healhty
C Chambers - finally has a QB that can get him the ball

I mostly agree there except for 2 things....

I am skeptical of #85 being #1, he is great, but it looks like Cincy has a LOT of bad karma going on, and I think they might unravel this year...I think his numbers will be down. Still a top 10 guy, though.

Randy Moss? This is a huge wild card pick...who knows? I personally think Stallworth will have a better year than Moss.

I like the receivers list, but the RB's? Not as much. Jackson, Addai, and Gore and 2-3-4? They are all good, but they are all still mostly potential. Where's the Saint's two headed monster? I think Johnson still needs to be considered top 3 until Herm officially breaks the poor guy.

Just had a draft in one of my leagues just to show how the first round went where 10 rbs and 2 qbs were taken.

Larry Johnson was snapped up first followed by
Tomlinson
Addai
Jackson
Gore
Alexander
Brady
Parker
Westbrook
Rudi Johnson
Peyton Manning
Maroney

No way this is Marvins last year !!! Thats come from no where !!

Plus on Waynes comment you say playing from Behind more then usual wait thats usual, lol what thats totaly not true also get your facts right !!

daedge on 06-14-2007 at 12:29 PM said:
Just had a draft in one of my leagues just to show how the first round went where 10 rbs and 2 qbs were taken.

Larry Johnson was snapped up first followed by
Tomlinson
Addai
Jackson
Gore
Alexander
Brady
Parker
Westbrook
Rudi Johnson
Peyton Manning
Maroney

I hate idiots who take QBs in the 1st round. :shake:

Hell, the first 3 rounds.

You always get the one freak who picks a QB early, then a few other people start to panic and go for QBs....

That should be the first lesson in Fantasy Drafting 101...

1. RB, RB, WR

1a. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DRAFT A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND

In regards to the rankings... Jackson and Gore in the top 4 RBs?????

That's reaching, IMO.

And another thing....

Who the hell has their draft in June?????? WTF??????

The closest possible day to the start of the season is when drafts should be.

You know, so that you can draft guys, feeling pretty secure, that they are actually going to start the season. That they made it through the offseason, and training camp and all that crap.

Guess I'm just funny that way. You know, wanting to draft players that actually are playing and not on the IR or PUP or in prison. :rolleyes:

mgoblue101415 on 06-14-2007 at 01:46 PM said:
And another thing....

Who the hell has their draft in June?????? WTF??????

The closest possible day to the start of the season is when drafts should be.

You know, so that you can draft guys, feeling pretty secure, that they are actually going to start the season. That they made it through the offseason, and training camp and all that crap.

Guess I'm just funny that way. You know, wanting to draft players that actually are playing and not on the IR or PUP or in prison. :rolleyes:

I didnt draft a qb till the 5th round, I went rb, rb, wr, wr, qb blah blah

I agree man drafting normally takes place in August in leagues I join but I joined this league early because I just hanging out for it so much just thought oh well do one now why not !!

mgoblue101415 on 06-14-2007 at 01:35 PM said:

You always get the one freak who picks a QB early, then a few other people start to panic and go for QBs....

1. RB, RB, WR

That's reaching, IMO.
Jackson makes sense to me, but not so much Gore. Also, Manning I think is the exception to the rule about QBs in the first round, as he always puts up big fantasy numbers.

mgoblue101415 on 06-14-2007 at 01:35 PM said:

1. RB, RB, WR

That's reaching, IMO.

I agree no QBs in the first round but to say no QBs in the first 3 rounds is just dumb...I picked up Manning last year in the 2nd round in a snake draft and i won the whole thing by a freakin landslide and now i'm 800 dollars richer

Bradys Bunch on 06-14-2007 at 01:57 PM said:
I agree no QBs in the first round but to say no QBs in the first 3 rounds is just dumb...I picked up Manning last year in the 2nd round in a snake draft and i won the whole thing by a freakin landslide and now i'm 800 dollars richer

Nice work man I agree not the first 3 rounds thats over the top, In league drafted earlier I got away with not going qb till 5th round because no one else was if they had maybe would have slightly earlier.

Great too see Pats fans drafting the man they love to hate PEYTON MANNING

Bradys Bunch on 06-14-2007 at 12:57 PM said:

In 4 or 5 of my leagues, the guy who had Peyton didin't win the league.

It worked for you, but it doesn't always pan out. And just because it pans out occasionally doesn't mean that the unspoken rule should be broken.

Call me old school. I just feel there shouldn't be a QB taken until the 4th round. :shrug:

daedge on 06-14-2007 at 12:59 PM said:
Nice work man I agree not the first 3 rounds thats over the top, In league drafted earlier I got away with not going qb till 5th round because no one else was if they had maybe would have slightly earlier.

Great too see Pats fans drafting the man they love to hate PEYTON MANNING

I have never, nor will I ever, draft Manning.

I love winning but I'm not going to sacrifice my morals and beliefs to do so. You've got to draw the line somewhere. :Lecture:

mgoblue101415 on 06-14-2007 at 02:05 PM said:
I have never, nor will I ever, draft Manning.

I love winning but I'm not going to sacrifice my morals and beliefs to do so. You've got to draw the line somewhere. :Lecture:

And I have never drafted Brady and never will, I have drafted other Patriot players but Brady NEVER

Shit.

I had a feeling I should have took Addai instead of Maroney in last year's draft (for my keeper league).

:banghead:

Back