NFL in HD in RI

Splunge52

Reaction score
Cox Communications and Lin havd finally reached an agreement to carry HD programming for Channels 12CBS and 64 Fox in RI.

CBS will be on Cox Ch. 701 And Fox on Ch. 704 of the Cox line up.

Still don't have HD ABC for charter in Northern CT yet.. WTF they waiting for.. I mean I have two pbs channels in high def and no ABC??? Crazy arse beetches run charter

<<
WTF they waiting for.. I mean I have two pbs channels in high def and no ABC???
>>

It all has to do with agreements between the networks, cable and satellite providers. They are all fighting with each other over fees and whether a given network is in what package the providers are offering.

I have Dish Network and don't get HD broadcasts from the regular networks even though the capacity is there. Doesn't bother me too much because with the digital signal and plasma tv I have the image quality is so good there is not that big a difference between HD and standard images.

harrisonhits on 03-01-2007 at 11:58 AM said:
<<
WTF they waiting for.. I mean I have two pbs channels in high def and no ABC???
>>

It all has to do with agreements between the networks, cable and satellite providers. They are all fighting with each other over fees and whether a given network is in what package the providers are offering.

I have Dish Network and don't get HD broadcasts from the regular networks even though the capacity is there. Doesn't bother me too much because with the digital signal and plasma tv I have the image quality is so good there is not that big a difference between HD and standard images.

Dude...

There is a HUGE difference on my DISH system on the plasma, but I am getting the four major networks in HD. What I would like to see is some of the other channels in HD on DISH like SciFi, FX, and the WB, err the CW.

harrisonhits on 03-01-2007 at 11:58 AM said:
They must be sending you some crappy HD signals. While I agree that digital SD is far superior to analog SD, it still is no comparison to a good HD feed (at least not on my Panny plasma).

<<
There is a HUGE difference on my DISH system on the plasma, but I am getting the four major networks in HD. What I would like to see is some of the other channels in HD on DISH like SciFi, FX, and the WB, err the CW
>>

I have flipped back and forth between the hidef / regular signal on channels like TNT that have both and haven't seen a lot of difference in image quality. The image on the plasma I have is so good that everything looks great.

As to sci fi and some of the other channels, and what I have seen... one of the big factors in how well that hd image looks is if the show was shot in HD with HDcams. It drives me nuts that hdmv shows old movies all the time that get zero benefit from being broadcast in that format.

harrisonhits on 03-01-2007 at 01:48 PM said:
I have flipped back and forth between the hidef / regular signal on channels like TNT that have both and haven't seen a lot of difference in image quality. The image on the plasma I have is so good that everything looks great.

As to sci fi and some of the other channels, and what I have seen... one of the big factors in how well that hd image looks is if the show was shot in HD with HDcams. It drives me nuts that hdmv shows old movies all the time that get zero benefit from being broadcast in that format.

Yeah, but a lot of the shows I watch on those channels are shot in HD. They are shown later on on that UNIHD channel.

It might just be my local signals, but the network HD channels I get look better than TNTHD. Or maybe it is a matter of compression.

<<
It might just be my local signals, but the network HD channels I get look better than TNTHD. Or maybe it is a matter of compression.
>>

With a digital signal the source shouldn't matter, the quality of the image being delivered should be the determining factor. Though compression could be an issue.

Its entirely possible that the bigger networks have purchased more expensive hd cams with correspondingly better image than TNT which might not have as much to invest as the big 4 do.

Undertaker #59 on 03-01-2007 at 02:02 PM said:
Yeah, but a lot of the shows I watch on those channels are shot in HD. They are shown later on on that UNIHD channel.

I think a lot of what TNTHD sends out are just SD shows sent out over a HD feed. It's no where near as good as other HD channels.

patsfan31 on 03-01-2007 at 10:20 AM said:
Still don't have HD ABC for charter in Northern CT yet.. WTF they waiting for.. I mean I have two pbs channels in high def and no ABC??? Crazy arse beetches run charter
I'm with ya! I don't get the no ABC. Seems stupid. But, I've been begging them to bring back the NFL Network for 2 years now to no avail.

SamBam39 on 03-01-2007 at 03:23 PM said:
I'm with ya! I don't get the no ABC. Seems stupid. But, I've been begging them to bring back the NFL Network for 2 years now to no avail.

Ya that pissed me off too. I switched over to charter about two years ago from dish network and signed up for the sports package which included NFL network...

Two months later no more nfl network.. Which I dealt with until this year when they started broadcasting games on it...

Pissed me off.. I pay $150 a month for all that crap and they cant even offer nfl network.. Complete bull shite :4321:

patsfan31 on 03-01-2007 at 03:44 PM said:
Ya that pissed me off too. I switched over to charter about two years ago from dish network and signed up for the sports package which included NFL network...

Two months later no more nfl network.. Which I dealt with until this year when they started broadcasting games on it...

Pissed me off.. I pay $150 a month for all that crap and they cant even offer nfl network.. Complete bull shite :4321:
Yep. Basically I'm Charter's beeyotch, and the sad part is I'd pay extra for NFL network if they'd just offer it again.

dchester on 03-01-2007 at 04:42 PM said:
Yep. Basically I'm Charter's beeyotch, and the sad part is I'd pay extra for NFL network if they'd just offer it again.
Me too. I told them that 5 times. But they keep saying that the NFL wants it on the basic tier so everyone gets it. But, instead no one is getting it. :rolleyes: :banghead:

jetsrule on 03-01-2007 at 06:17 PM said:
it dosen't matter cause the pats suck balls

If that's the case, then the Jets must really suck. When the hell was the last time they even won a playoff game, let alone just get to a Super Bowl?

who cares U guys lost branch haha bitches and brady is prolly on steriods

Back