NFLNetwork Report. Stephen Neal resigned

StoneWalled

Shameless Homer
Reaction score
The NFL Network is reporting that the Pats resigned Stephen Neal...no specifics.

See, thats...nice. A dime in the pocket in case of emergency. But he is older and beat up and oft injured. Not to mention that he is a turnstyle against a determined inside pass rush.

Hoping for an upgrade here.

See, thats...nice. A dime in the pocket in case of emergency. But he is older and beat up and oft injured. Not to mention that he is a turnstyle against a determined inside pass rush.

Hoping for an upgrade here.

Agree.
Now with VW in the longterm plan I would like to see 3-4 DE or OG taken care of early in the draft. There are certainly sexier picks but, these are more in line w/BB think and probably bigger needs.

I'm just glad we are signing people.Personally I was desperate enough to see a bag of balls sign..I just wanted action!

ROFL Keep firing Athol!

Dark_Helmet.jpg

Nice catch Sleeve......................................................................................................
Talking about premature jimp....:banghead:

I smelled that one as soon as I opened the link! ROFL

If you guys don't mind I have to go change my shorts...:coffee:

Actually, I was hoping to read he was signed as a coaching assistant for the WR, which would have made me jimp too. That would have changed what I expected from the rest of FA and the draft... ah well...

Patriots grinding away, sign Neal
Patriots grinding away, sign Neal
March, 5, 2010
By Tim Graham

The New England Patriots continued a busy first day of free agency by re-signing their third key veteran.

ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss reports the Patriots have reached terms with right guard Stephen Neal on a two-year contract for an undisclosed sum. The Patriots signed franchise-tagged nose tackle Vince Wilfork and sacks leader Tully Banta-Cain earlier Friday.

Neal's return ensures the Patriots will have their entire O-line intact from last year if they choose.

Most notable among the Patriots' remaining unrestricted free agents are running back Kevin Faulk, tight end Benjamin Watson, outside linebacker Derrick Burgess, cornerback Leigh Bodden and punter Chris Hanson.

Back