Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: Devil With A Blue Dress
Artist: Los Plantronics

I posted this in "The Cover Is Better Than The Original" thread, which is in the Archives forum. My guess is that the Archives forum isn't visited nearly as often as the Six Ring Circus, so I thought I'd post it here.

Song: No Swingin' In Your Walkin'
Artist: Black Cat Zoot

This song came out about 15 years ago, so it's probably not old enough to qualify for inclusion in this thread.

But it feels like it belongs to an earlier age, one that is nostalgic to me.

Song: Pressure Drop
Artist: Robert Palmer

Nice cover of the Toots And The Maytals classic.

Song: Stayin' Alive
Artist: The Bee Gees

There hasn't been a lot of disco posted in this thread (and that's OK with me).

But this song is so good it transcends the genre, and the video is a lot of fun to watch (there are a few really cool dogs in it, so it's sure to be a hit with the OP).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Song: Stayin' Alive
Artist: The Bee Gees

There hasn't been a lot of disco posted in this thread (and that's OK with me).

But this song is so good it transcends the genre, and the video is a lot of fun to watch (there's are a few really cool dogs in it, so it's sure to be a hit with the OP).

Agreed TIP, but it's time for a little guilty pleasure admittance, I certainly liked a few of them. ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkypZuY6ZvA

These are probably my two favorite Pogues songs. I had tickets to see Shane McGowan in '97 or '98 at the Avalon on Landsdowne St., but then that show got canceled at the last minute. I figured maybe he was too drunk to make it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCCxbZ4i1E

Poor Shane. His life has been tough. Just today or yesterday he got of the hospital after being admitted on the 6th foe an infection. And those rotten teeth! I had to watch him with my eyes closed. But what a great musician.

Be well Shane.

Song: People Got To Be Free
Artist: The Rascals

Yes, this song holds a place in my "Horn Lines" YouTube playlist.

Last edited:
Song: Lt. Kije Suite (a) wedding (b) troika
Composer: Sergei Prokofiev
Artist: Empire Brass

This very nostalgic piece has become associated with Christmas, and is a favorite with some posters on this site. 1671293671806.png

Back