Nostalgic Music Thread

I remember one night when there were about 9 of us sitting around at 3AM, in a state we can all identify from our youth, sitting around hollering this one at the top of our lungs. Woke up the God-squadders downstairs. Good times...

View: https://youtu.be/mUCoQryE7-k

I left in November 69. Got sent to Antartica for 6 months then 2 months in New Zealand before going home.
from 2+ years in Vietnam straight to 6 mos in Antarctica. Man in personnel got a sick sense of humour. :banana:

Song: Running On Empty
Artist: Jackson Browne

David Lindley on slide starting at 1:40 or so and again at the 4:00 mark.

RIP David. You and Jackson and Rosemary Butler recorded some of the iconic songs of the 1970s.

Never a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sad.

Must be how we grew up.
You missed out .JMO.

Epic song. Most agree. My generation anyway.

In fact, I yell out Freebird many times to my wife's consternation.

Anyway, this ost was for the last surviving member, and now he's gone. Just remembering him.

Last edited:
Sad.

Must be how we grew up.
You missed out .JMO.

Epic song. Most agree. My generation anyway.

In fact, I yell out Freebird many times to my wife's consternation.

Anyway, this ost was for the last surviving member, and now he's gone. Just remembering him.
Many bands have past on. Some by there own doing. We all have different reasons for the bands / music we chose to connect with.

Never a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd

Likewise for the most part, they just never did it for me - but I did like "Call Me the Breeze" though.

From the south groups like the Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels Band, ZZ Top - all those guys were superb.

Likewise for the most part, they just never did it for me - but I did like "Call Me the Breeze" though.

From the south groups like the Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels Band, ZZ Top - all those guys were superb.

Song: Call Me The Breeze
Artist: J.J. Cale

The original version. I agree that the Lynyrd Skynyrd version is very good, too.

If you ever jilted by a woman, this is the song for you - This Ol Cowboy. Savor it with a good whiskey.

Such a great groove, the drum fills are superb, Charlie Daniel's on fiddle, the piano, flute, & guitar are great too - along with Toy Caldwell's soft, sad, and "it's time to move on" lyrics:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHq87F2fS-s

Back