Nostalgic Music Thread

The Boz man doing "We We're Always Sweethearts" - great organ and guitar work:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qPoWG0vWgTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Dh6WaV2qLGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

Steely Dan - just some great guitar licks and hooks in this one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3gV1sxB8TxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: For Someone Special
Artist: The Doobie Brothers

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZavILfiYhiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A gem of a song from a gem of an album.

Amazingly, the last time the Beatles played in public was on the roof top of a building in London - January 30, 1969:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TRYth271BRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP Eli Wallach- I'll forever remember him as Tuco in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly , and esp in this scene with Ennio Morricone's "The Ectasy of Gold" as the background music:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ubVc2MQwMkg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Losing You
Artist: Marshall Tucker Band

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tgnf6P-pykg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Starting a little after halfway through the song, the music gets so good it's hard to believe these guys weren't the most celebrated artists of their time.

TipRoast - a little after halfway through the song said:
Boy, TIP, you really hit it on that observation! So true- the original Tucker boys were extremely good and highly unique in their music. I'm so happy I saw them several times in the middle to late 70's when I lived in Colorado- great memories.

The Boz man with one of the most gorgeous tunes I have ever heard:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g_insxlS5jU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cream -
Blue Condition

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ONOwxX4dt-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tGQizt8o6gU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a couple of songs with good horn lines.

Song: The Beat Goes On
Artist: Sonny & Cher

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bS3O5zg290k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Don't Pull Your Love
Artist: Hamilton, Joe Frank, and Reynolds

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZvNvbGfTYXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The latter song could have been performed by The Grass Roots, and probably would have sounded almost exactly the same.

Edit: so let's follow-up that comment -

Song; Temptation Eyes
Artist: The Grass Roots

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tVVpDfxhcOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Such a great and simply classic novelty tune!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s3QNC8_wP4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A blast from the past (times three)...

Song: I Like It Like That
Artist: Dave Clark Five

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eDujWM5rBSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Gimme Gimme Good Lovin
Artist: Crazy Elephant

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TI403cCUSCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Something In The Air
Artist: Thunderclap Newman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k8zmkzshUvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Something In The Air
Artist: Thunderclap Newman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k8zmkzshUvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Captain Obvious checking in:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YkADj0TPrJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

I heard the name "Marlana" mentioned today, and by golly, a brain cell way deep inside fired and said "Four Seasons".

Great tune:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cdnkv9UESjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coming of age:

Sixties Noir

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Obgl7t4FNEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_AUkeCTFXj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

Good tune from the late 70's IIRC:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2GCr1eTbxbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This song has probably been posted before, but it's so smooth and nice, here's to posting it twice :):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LT6kjQhVJ9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back