Nostalgic Music Thread

Time to think of those warmer climates:

DSCN5913.jpg

We went for a walk on Oceano Dunes beach this afternoon - it was 82 at our house today, low 70s at the beach.

Song: The Great Curve
Artist: Talking Heads

In my opinion, this is their magnum opus.

They have other songs that I like better, but this one best illustrates the band at the height of their powers.

DSCN5913.jpg

We went for a walk on Oceano Dunes beach this afternoon - it was 82 at our house today, low 70s at the beach.
The beaches and the napa veggies and wine.. All that means to me of Cali.

Cheers,

Happy boxing day.

TIP - nice - beats Indiana weather right now...!

Not in Australia anymore I take it?
We moved back last June. We had intended to return to New England, but a position on the Central Coast was offered. Mrs. TR gave it careful consideration for multiple microseconds, and now here we are.

We moved back last June. We had intended to return to New England, but a position on the Central Coast was offered. Mrs. TR gave it careful consideration for multiple microseconds, and now here we are.

A good decision I'm sure. It's funny how enduring multiple years of cold temps can weigh heavily on decisions of this nature. :)

I have a daughter in San Clemente, they love it down there.

A good decision I'm sure. It's funny how enduring multiple years of cold temps can weigh heavily on decisions of this nature. :)

I have a daughter in San Clemente, they love it down there.

We spent the last 18 months of our Australian adventure in Adelaide, which is at 34.9° south latitude.

Santa Barbara (which is near to where we are now) is at 34.8° north latitude.

I like having fig trees and olive trees in my life (and avocados and lemons and oranges and jalapeños...)

I suspect they get San Diego weather down in San Clemente, but your daughter doesn't have to deal with the high population density. Yet she's still near enough to both LA and San Diego to take advantage of the cultural/entertainment/sports offerings in each city.

I wager you have a very nice time when you come out to visit.

Song: Fire
Artist: The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown

Carl Palmer of ELP spent a little time with this band, although he wasn't a part of the band when this song was recorded.

We spent the last 18 months of our Australian adventure in Adelaide, which is at 34.9° south latitude.

Santa Barbara (which is near to where we are now) is at 34.8° north latitude.

I like having fig trees and olive trees in my life (and avocados and lemons and oranges and jalapeños...)

I suspect they get San Diego weather down in San Clemente, but your daughter doesn't have to deal with the high population density. Yet she's still near enough to both LA and San Diego to take advantage of the cultural/entertainment/sports offerings in each city.

I wager you have a very nice time when you come out to visit.

Oh we do for sure. The area is beautiful and offers up something of a "dream" life.

And I know that San Clemente and the surrounding areas are quite removed from other locales in Cali that have huge social issues - the cities etc.

But we are just enjoying it and the situation while we can, I wish there were easy answers for the other areas, but nothing anytime soon is in the cards IMO....

There were a lot of great Righteous Brothers songs, but this one - Just Once in My Life - has always been my most fav.

The vocal ranges of Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield are just incredible. Bobby's solo performance of Unchained Melody on the Andy Williams show is mind boggling incredible.

Anyway, here's "Just Once in my Life":

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8XfG-icJew

Hey PP. I know some of you think I am a sour minded dude always complaining,and being pissed off with what is obviously going on right under our noses.

However internally I wish this for all.
Tis the Season for a reason.

Have yourself a Merry BIG Christmas.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvA7-EjaSPI

PS Happy Immaculate Reception Day.
RIP Franco.

My mom is 92 and when I visit her in memory care, I bring my laptop and usually end up playing videos of music that she likes, mainly Sinatra & Tony Bennett (who is still alive at 96 and did a show at Radio City Music Hall last year, even though he has Alzheimers).

Although the stuff I listen to is usually rock from the 60s up through the Pearl Jam/Nirvana era, Sinatra is definitely one of the best singers with the coolest persona from the last 100 years. There's very few people who stand out apart from the others from their genre like he does. The only other one I can think of is Bob Marley with reggae.

Sinatra: All or Nothing at All (TV Mini Series 2015) - IMDb I thought this HBO documentary of him was excellent - definitely worth the time. Netflix had it up for a year or two, but now they've taken it down.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEcqHA7dbwM

My mom is 92 and when I visit her in memory care, I bring my laptop and usually end up playing videos of music that she likes, mainly Sinatra & Tony Bennett (who is still alive at 96 and did a show at Radio City Music Hall last year, even though he has Alzheimers).

Although the stuff I listen to is usually rock from the 60s up through the Pearl Jam/Nirvana era, Sinatra is definitely one of the best singers with the coolest persona from the last 100 years. There's very few people who stand out apart from the others from their genre like he does. The only other one I can think of is Bob Marley with reggae.

I was listening to this just the other day:

Song: That's Life
Artist: Frank Sinatra

The bitter winter weather here in the central part of the country reminded me of this great song form the Band:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKsiTSwBdtk

And here's another (magnificent) song that goes with the winter season by that group:

Song: Hobo Jungle
Artist: The Band

And it was almost ten years ago that I posted a couple of other songs by The Band to this thread:

Back