Not as talented as they think they are

Threadkiller

Reaction score
Is it just me or is that team way less talented than everyone gives them credit for being? LT/Neal is the best backfield in the league, Gates rules and Merriman/Phillips/Castillo/Williams are extra nice too.

But their DBs suck, their WRs suck and they have NO depth. Get their A guys out of there and there is not much to that team. And Rivers is too easy to get out of his rhythm. He's too emotional

Seriously. Is it just me? Anyone? Bueller?

offense too one dimensional. they don't have any good wide outs.

groganfan on 09-16-2007 at 11:50 PM said:
and what would that be?

Only a good team because of our "Video Dep't.".

It was more of a play on Denny Green's words. >)

I think that the Pats Wideouts last year might be better then the Chargers wideouts this year.

Their WRs and secondary are mediocre, but their o-line, running game, tight end and front 7 are as good as any in the entire NFL.
With parity they're about as good as you can get. Aside from us and the Colts of course. :)

Look at the SD offense and compare them from a personal standpoint to the Chiefs a few years ago

Great RB (although you wouldn't know it this year)
Great TE
Really good line
Mediocre QB
Warm bodies at WR

It's damn hard to run an offense with no wide recievers.

Bandwagoneer on 09-16-2007 at 11:52 PM said:
Their WRs and secondary are mediocre, but their o-line, running game, tight end and front 7 are as good as any in the entire NFL.
With parity they're about as good as you can get. Aside from us and the Colts of course. :)

Good point about the OL. They were the balls last year. They got pushed around tonight though.:)

Fully Tilted on 09-16-2007 at 11:52 PM said:
Only a good team because of our "Video Dep't.".

It was more of a play on Denny Green's words. >)

well then crown our ass already!

groganfan on 09-16-2007 at 11:56 PM said:
well then crown our ass already!

No, no, no.......game's over, we're on to Buffalo now. They have a great team there and can do some things. I have a lot of respect for that team and we're going to do our best to prepare hard for a tough divisional game on Sunday. That's our focus now. We're moving on.

:D

groganfan on 09-16-2007 at 11:49 PM said:
offense too one dimensional. they don't have any good wide outs.

Whats funny is alot of analyst talked up those sd wr's in the pre season. :p

LVent on 09-17-2007 at 12:03 AM said:
Whats funny is alot of analyst talked up those sd wr's in the pre season. :p

SD has wr's???
other then gates at TE you'd never know. :D

They can have all the stupid little Probowlers they want... It means NOTHING.

Smart play, smart coaching, discipline and depth wins football games; not 9 great players, 30 mediocre to terrible players, and a lousy coaching staff.

The Chargers look like a 4 to 5 win team, at best, right now.

Merriman's dance while down 0-17 was definitely the SD highlight of the night. it got me feeling... I dunno, "funky"

my highlight was seeing LT cry in the post game press conference.

groganfan on 09-17-2007 at 12:12 AM said:
my highlight was seeing LT cry in the post game press conference.
I was busy getting my nuts stomped on by the conclusion of the Sox game. Tell you you're joking.

Threadkiller on 09-16-2007 at 11:45 PM said:
Is it just me or is that team way less talented than everyone gives them credit for being? LT/Neal is the best backfield in the league, Gates rules and Merriman/Phillips/Castillo/Williams are extra nice too.

But their DBs suck, their WRs suck and they have NO depth. Get their A guys out of there and there is not much to that team. And Rivers is too easy to get out of his rhythm. He's too emotional

Seriously. Is it just me? Anyone? Bueller?

Like most 3-4 teams, you lose your starting NT and you're hurting.

As for their WRs, Floyd and Jackson are good. The problem is that their game plan has them as the 3rd and 4th receiving options behind Gates and Tomlinson.

Rivers definitely isn't that good.

I was very surprised at how easily the Pats beat the SD O-Line, even when Olivea was in there..

Honestly, the entire San Diego Chargers team look anxious. Like they KNEW that they had to prove to everyone that the Pats couldn't win without "taping" games. And they just weren't up to the task.

Back