Nothing to do with the 2023 Patriots

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm not miss remembering shit, I had season tickets that 01 season and already mentioned law and Milloy, but they were hardly considered superstar players. No one Kew who Teddy Bruschi or Troy Brown was nationally, and to us they were just the best of what we had, he'll Bruschi was still just a 3rd down LB at that point. You're the one miss remembering that 01 team as a group of difference makers, they weren't, they were a scrappy group that came together and became more.
I disagree. They were solid to great football players, just about everyone from that 1996 draft was a difference maker. What about Roman Phifer, Antowain Smith and David Patten that Bill got via FA? They weren't scrubs. Championship football teams are made of up of solid football players not necessarily superstars. I mean none of our championship teams were littered with superstars. Bill doesn't believe in that nor pay for that.

I am getting pretty psyched for week 1 for both us pounding the Eagles and Brady being honored. :love-heart:

Bill Belichick Really Looking Forward To Tom Brady Ceremony​

'One night's really not enough'​

ZACK COX 1 HOUR AGO 4 MIN READ

'Great Work All Around,' at Patriots Joint Practices According to Bill Belichick
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick gave a positive assessment of the Pats' progress in joint practices with the Packers this week.

It would have been easy for Bill Belichick to sidestep a question about the ceremony the Patriots will hold for Tom Brady next month.
That ceremony is taking place at New England’s regular-season opener, after all, and Belichick’s main focus that day will be finding a way to defeat the defending NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles. Some variation of, “Yeah, I appreciate Tom, but really more focused on the game,” would have been unsurprising and on-brand.

But that’s not the approach Belichick took Monday.

The head coach was willing during an appearance on WEEI’s “The Greg Hill Show” to speak at length about Brady and his impending return to Foxboro, Mass., saying a one-night celebration isn’t nearly enough to honor the former quarterback for all he accomplished during his legendary New England career.

“I’ve spoken to Tom a couple of times,” Belichick said. “I always look forward to talking to Tom, and what a great experience and opportunity it was for me to coach Tom. I have tremendous appreciation for everything he did for me, did for our team, everything he gave us.

“I look forward to seeing him. Sounds like he’s moving on to a very successful career in broadcasting and whatever else he decides to do. He’s a pretty talented guy. I’m sure he’ll do well in whatever he chooses to do, whatever area that is. So I look forward to seeing him, and I’m sure there will be a lot of excitement at the game, in the stands, as there should be.

“He’s done an awful lot for this organization, for this franchise, for this city, the National Football League. One night’s really not enough — anywhere close to being enough — for the appreciation for what Tom deserves.”

And you swear by all that's holy that you'll never do it again!!!

Back