OBE's

👆🙂

Because of what I have experienced on numerous occasions, the youtube above resonated with me.

I have a number of female friends who hang their hats on the vibration and energy theory stuff. Not that this is very relevant but they are all new-age types who don't apply science to their theories, Most expect a great awakening to occur miraculously and without much effort. This is not how reality works.

There seems to be some validity or at least enough to warrant scientific investigation of the subject but this, to me, is no more than what religious leaders have preached for years just in the form of half, "I experienced this", and a good deal of pseudo-science.

Not trying to take anything away from your experience or deeply held beliefs, this is similar to my mom maintaining she has a deep belief and relationship with God because she experienced things she attributed to a supernatural entity that can be explained far more easily and verifiably with a scientific or even just a common-sense approach in her case.

Just my 2 pennies.

I have a number of female friends who hang their hats on the vibration and energy theory stuff. Not that this is very relevant but they are all new-age types who don't apply science to their theories, Most expect a great awakening to occur miraculously and without much effort. This is not how reality works.

There seems to be some validity or at least enough to warrant scientific investigation of the subject but this, to me, is no more than what religious leaders have preached for years just in the form of half, "I experienced this", and a good deal of pseudo-science.

Not trying to take anything away from your experience or deeply held beliefs, this is similar to my mom maintaining she has a deep belief and relationship with God because she experienced things she attributed to a supernatural entity that can be explained far more easily and verifiably with a scientific or even just a common-sense approach in her case.

Just my 2 pennies.
You are stubborn. :)

I was actually thinking about you when I started this thread...

Last edited:
You are stubborn. :)

I was actually thinking about you when I started this thread...

I had a feeling, my friend. And I'm really not stubborn, objective evidence moves my needle and I will change in an instant without reservations.

Really, I just have developed the means to understand and have integrity to the nature of existence Anything that runs contrary to it I find very easy to dismiss.

I have listened and heard the statements and have had discussions for years not only with the faithful religious but also my new age friends, one whom I am deeply in love with. I have found on occasion we are saying the same things just in different terms, but most often the discussions fly off into the ether neither grounded in reality nor with reason to anchor it anywhere.

Most of it just seems like wishful thinking to be honest.

Last edited:
I had a feeling, my friend. And I'm really not stubborn, objective evidence moves my needle and I will change in an instant without reservations.

Really, I just have developed the means to understand and have integrity to the nature of existence Anything that runs contrary to it I find very easy to dismiss.

I have listened and heard the statements and have had discussions for years not only with the faithful religious but also my new age friends, one whom I am deeply in love with. I have found on occasion we are saying the same things just in different terms, but most often the discussions fly off into the ether neither grounded in reality not with reason to anchor it anywhere.

Most of it just seems like wishful thinking to be honest.
OK.
I will keep trying if you don't mind.

The means you have developed... how is this video contrary ( hope you took the time to view)?

It's not just from a religious or even Christian view,

There is a Higher power. You are not by yourself.

You don't just cease to exist.

Last edited:
OK.
I will keep trying if you don't mind.

The means you have developed... how is this video contrary ( hope you took the time to view)?

It's not just from a religious or even Christian view,

There is a Higher power. You are not by yourself.

You don't just cease to exist.

OK. You just made 2 positive assertions most would hope are true, I think.

How do you know this to be true?

Not being an ass in any way. I truly like discussing this topic.

Without knowing it I have made it thru the vibration and into the roar but always got freaked.
Didn't know what I was experiencing.

Wondered if anyone else has had any experiences like this?
I am not gonna freak next time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8ME9Sb8sI

In the 90's, when I was in my young to mid 30's I had a lot of experiences with this. Sleep paralysis was something I experienced very often, not knowing what it was. These are the years I call my Idealistic Age when I was very in touch with my surroundings, felt like I had a deeper view of life and the world and considered myself a "spiritual being having a human experience."

At the time, I was a Truck Driver and I used to listen to Art Bell overnight, driving across the country. One night he had Albert Taylor on who wrote the book (which I ended up getting) called Soul Traveler. I recommend it. Albert Taylor had achieved complete control of OBE's and could travel at will.

Anyhow, that opened my eyes to what was happening to me. I also had read and recently passed down to my 16 your old daughter a book called Conscious Dreaming by Robert Moss. I recommend it, too.

So I was having very lucid dreams and keeping a journal (which can be very eye-opening) and having sleep paralysis quite often. Even once I knew what it was, I couldn't stop myself from instinctively waking myself up by making myself move or shake my head.

One night I was headed to Minneapolis from Kansas City. It was late and I was exhausted so I pulled into a rest area just south of Des Moines, IA. I parked and climbed into the bunk and as I started to fall asleep, I had the Slee Paralysis and woke myself up. I was aggravated and told myself to just go with it and as I fell asleep it happened again but this time I didn't wake myself up and suddenly, I remember this vividly, I was out! I was hovering over my body. I looked down and saw myself sleeping and I could see a "trail" of light going down from where I hovered into my chest.

I looked around at the trucks parked near me so I could remember them when I woke up. The radio was on and Iron Man was playing quietly. Everything had a sort've CGI look to it (This was 1999 - there wasn't much for CGI at the time). I was elated and excited and scared. I thought where should I go? My first thought was home to see my GF, Anna but I had a sudden thought - what if I can't get back and suddenly like I had been sucked through a straw, I was back in my body and I sat straight up, wide awake, stunned at what had just happened!

I slid into the driver's seat and looked around and the trucks parked near me matched. Sabbath was still playing. It was remarkable! And it never happened again, although there were several times I was lucids and almost out but my head would not "disconnect" from my body and I could see my legs floating outside of my physical legs. Eventually, over a few years time, all that went away and has never come back. Other than one night I had a very, very long and vivid dream that I was back in Korea, outside the gate of Camp Essayons walking around the Ville. I didn't see anyone I recognized - oddly - but it was very, very real. And when I woke up in the morning, the feeling that I had actually been there was strong. I still wonder, today, if I was back, in real-time, years after I had been stationed there - which would explain why no one was recognizable.

In my readings, I learned that when you start to move in other dimensions, you attract attention, whether it be in dreams or the dimension we enter when we leave our bodies. I had that experience. There were times I was trying to separate and I could sense someone laying across my chest, or kneeling next to me.

I miss it. It made me wonder if death was just that quick and simple. One minute a physical body and then the next second, separated from it. Free from it.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Traveler-Out-Body-Experiences/dp/0451197607

View: https://www.amazon.com/Conscious-Dreaming-Spiritual-Path-Everyday/dp/051788710X

View: https://youtu.be/YWU8W2TKwdQ

Last edited:
I once got the blow job of the century and when I exploded in my ex-wife‘s mouth My whole body went numb and I felt like I was floating above my bed. I believe that was my only experience

I have been told a number of stories such as HipKats or variations on the theme including my from my most rational father and they utterly fascinate me but having never experisnced any such thing I have to cast a wary eye.

I mean, once on a major acid trip I fully found and was fully submerged in Carl Jung's underground river of human knowledge that he postulated was accessible to all of mankind. There was no ego and all in the river were one but separate somehow. It was a profound experience and one of the reasons I love psychedelics, they provide moments of immense clarity for me. I just don't know how real that experience was.

Last edited:
In the 90's, when I was in my young to mid 30's I had a lot of experiences with this. Sleep paralysis was something I experienced very often, not knowing what it was. These are the years I call my Idealistic Age when I was very in touch with my surroundings, felt like I had a deeper view of life and the world and considered myself a "spiritual being having a human experience."

At the time, I was a Truck Driver and I used to listen to Art Bell overnight, driving across the country. One night he had Albert Taylor on who wrote the book (which I ended up getting) called Soul Traveler. I recommend it. Albert Taylor had achieved complete control of OBE's and could travel at will.

Anyhow, that opened my eyes to what was happening to me. I also had read and recently passed down to my 16 your old daughter a book called Conscious Dreaming by Robert Moss. I recommend it, too.

So I was having very lucid dreams and keeping a journal (which can be very eye-opening) and having sleep paralysis quite often. Even once I knew what it was, I couldn't stop myself from instinctively waking myself up by making myself move or shake my head.

One night I was headed to Minneapolis from Kansas City. It was late and I was exhausted so I pulled into a rest area just south of Des Moines, IA. I parked and climbed into the bunk and as I started to fall asleep, I had the Slee Paralysis and woke myself up. I was aggravated and told myself to just go with it and as I fell asleep it happened again but this time I didn't wake myself up and suddenly, I remember this vividly, I was out! I was hovering over my body. I looked down and saw myself sleeping and I could see a "trail" of light going down from where I hovered into my chest.

I looked around at the trucks parked near me so I could remember them when I woke up. The radio was on and Iron Man was playing quietly. Everything had a sort've CGI look to it (This was 1999 - there wasn't much for CGI at the time). I was elated and excited and scared. I thought where should I go? My first thought was home to see my GF, Anna but I had a sudden thought - what if I can't get back and suddenly like I had been sucked through a straw, I was back in my body and I sat straight up, wide awake, stunned at what had just happened!

I slid into the driver's seat and looked around and the trucks parked near me matched. Sabbath was still playing. It was remarkable! And it never happened again, although there were several times I was lucids and almost out but my head would not "disconnect" from my body and I could see my legs floating outside of my physical legs. Eventually, over a few years time, all that went away and has never come back. Other than one night I had a very, very long and vivid dream that I was back in Korea, outside the gate of Camp Essayons walking around the Ville. I didn't see anyone I recognized - oddly - but it was very, very real. And when I woke up in the morning, the feeling that I had actually been there was strong. I still wonder, today, if I was back, in real-time, years after I had been stationed there - which would explain why no one was recognizable.

In my readings, I learned that when you start to move in other dimensions, you attract attention, whether it be in dreams or the dimension we enter when we leave our bodies. I had that experience. There were times I was trying to separate and I could sense someone laying across my chest, or kneeling next to me.

I miss it. It made me wonder if death was just that quick and simple. One minute a physical body and then the next second, separated from it. Free from it.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Conscious-Dreaming-Spiritual-Path-Everyday/dp/051788710X

Fascinating stuff.

I've never had a similar experience to yours, but I messed around with hallucinogenics in the 70s and have had some vivid hallucinations. One I recall was that I looked at an electrical outlet and it appeared like I could see blue electrical/magnetic fields swirling around them in twin figure 8's.

I did go into cardiac arrest in 23 years ago and was revived by paddles very quickly as I happened to already be hooked up in the ER when it all went south. I was unbelievably happy when I came to and came to comprehend what had happened which was news to me. I had opiates in my system, maybe something else, but that really didn't explain how I felt. My nurse said she'd never seen anybody react like me and she'd been around. I recall cracking her up with a joke about St. Peter and the pearly gates and I couldn't stop smiling and laughing and felt totally sober. I saw no white light, no tunnel and had no sense that I'd had a NDE (near death experience), but I'm very interested in those kind of stories. There is an interesting Netflix show on the topic called "Surviving Death" and some of the stories are absolutely amazing and have a weird symmetry to them. Not identical, but there are similarities.

One woman went over a waterfall in a kayak and broke dozens of bones, fractured skull, yadda yadda injuries and was pinned underwater for 20 minutes, so she was a goner, yet a determined EMT wouldn't quit doing CPR and she came to shocking everybody present. She told a really strange story about traveling to a different world and meeting people and feeling pure joy that she'd passed over, but then the spirits or people's moods changed and they told her she had to go and she found herself on her back and in tremendous pain. Anyhow, it's way more detailed and cool to hear her tell it.

Thanks for the reading list. I might check that out.

Fascinating stuff.

I've never had a similar experience to yours, but I messed around with hallucinogenics in the 70s and have had some vivid hallucinations. One I recall was that I looked at an electrical outlet and it appeared like I could see blue electrical/magnetic fields swirling around them in twin figure 8's.

I did go into cardiac arrest in 23 years ago and was revived by paddles very quickly as I happened to already be hooked up in the ER when it all went south. I was unbelievably happy when I came to and came to comprehend what had happened which was news to me. I had opiates in my system, maybe something else, but that really didn't explain how I felt. My nurse said she'd never seen anybody react like me and she'd been around. I recall cracking her up with a joke about St. Peter and the pearly gates and I couldn't stop smiling and laughing and felt totally sober. I saw no white light, no tunnel and had no sense that I'd had a NDE (near death experience), but I'm very interested in those kind of stories. There is an interesting Netflix show on the topic called "Surviving Death" and some of the stories are absolutely amazing and have a weird symmetry to them. Not identical, but there are similarities.

One woman went over a waterfall in a kayak and broke dozens of bones, fractured skull, yadda yadda injuries and was pinned underwater for 20 minutes, so she was a goner, yet a determined EMT wouldn't quit doing CPR and she came to shocking everybody present. She told a really strange story about traveling to a different world and meeting people and feeling pure joy that she'd passed over, but then the spirits or people's moods changed and they told her she had to go and she found herself on her back and in tremendous pain. Anyhow, it's way more detailed and cool to hear her tell it.

Thanks for the reading list. I might check that out.
I used to do a lot of hallucinogenics in the 80's. OK, I did a lot of acid! The most intense thing I remember was talking to a St Pauli Girl poster for like 2 hours.... :)

Art Bell, from the "high desert".
Very Entertaining.

I once got the blow job of the century and when I exploded in my ex-wife‘s mouth My whole body went numb and I felt like I was floating above my bed. I believe that was my only experience
I had a buddy in college who always believed that every male in his lifetime would experience one, and only one, spectacular erection and ejaculation which he referred to as The Reltny. Before anyone asks, I have no knowledge of the origin of the term. However, from a purely clinical point of view, it sounds as if that was your Reltny.

I didn't know that he died until last night after I posted this I went and looked him up to see what he was doing these days. That's very sad
Yeah he died on my birthday. I used to listen To coast to coast every single night while I was doing my deliveries.

I think it's the University of Virginia that has an entire department dedicated to studying NDEs. It's pretty interesting stuff, and the sheet volume of experiences (from memory, something like 18% of people who enter a state qualifying as "near death" report an NDE?) is eye opening.

Add in how well documented and tested some of the individual experiences are, and it's persuasive. One that stuck out from a lecture I heard was in a hospital, and the person described a show out on the ledge outside a window. It had no reason to be there, but it was there. People blind from birth can see color and describe it comparatively (e.g., "the tall nurse's hair is the same color as the shorter nurse's shoes").

I bet I could dig up a lecture or two to post here if there's some interest...

Back