Officiating Crew for Sunday

Patriots4ever

Running Up the Score
Reaction score
I haven't seen this anywhere, and I'm really not one to complain about officiating but, I just heard on Gresh and Zo that Walt Anderson's crew is doing the game this weekend. Seeing we're in the day and age of a flag every 10 seconds, I suppose it's worth discussing. I can't believe it has come to this, but it is what it is...

So what's the deal with this crew?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...60/walt-anderson-referee-for-patriots-broncos

I haven't seen this anywhere, and I'm really not one to complain about officiating but, I just heard on Gresh and Zo that Walt Anderson's crew is doing the game this weekend. Seeing we're in the day and age of a flag every 10 seconds, I suppose it's worth discussing. I can't believe it has come to this, but it is what it is...

So what's the deal with this crew?

It's being discussed in the "on to the Broncos" thread. HS has a nice summary of Anderson's crew...fewest DPI calls in the league is good!

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68891&page=7

The PI and holding calls are a joke. I've seen some given in the Pats' favour where I've thought: "really?".
Posted via Mobile Device

It certainly has gotten out of hand. Too many penalties for sure. This is the crew that did the Arizona/Eagles game last weekend. I watched the NFL Replay of that game on the NFLN last night and from what I saw there were no issues with them.

It's a really sad state of affairs that we have to dissect the zebras now because a certain un-named QB had to cry to the league

Anderson reffed Wk1 @ Miami, 9 accepted calls against Pats that day, plus a couple Roughing the Passer penalties that day (which were iffy)

DL needs to watch for RtP penalties this week - they called 3 RtPs last weekend in Arizona/Philly game

Anderson reffed Wk1 @ Miami, 9 accepted calls against Pats that day, plus a couple Roughing the Passer penalties that day (which were iffy)

DL needs to watch for RtP penalties this week - they called 3 RtPs last weekend in Arizona/Philly game

Like I said elsewhere, the Patriots have to be within 5 yards of Manning for them to throw a flag for RtP.

I don't see that happening. I also don't think that's a big deal. :coffee:

That 2nd iffy RtP call in the Miami game was a killer. The D never could get off the field after that.....#Gassed

I read somewhere, sorry I forget where, that this crew has the second most penalties called in the league. Primarily hands to the face and RtP.

That's not so good.

Cheers

Back