OT: Any Cubs fans here?

Bruschi 3:16

Unable to function normally in society
Reaction score
Just curious how you are feeling today knowing the cross town White Sox are going to win the World Series tonight (or soon anyhow) to break their curse. Is there teeth nashing or overall misery that this is going to happen? Just curious.

So close...

I'm kind of pleased to see both Sox curses ended (hopefully). Still, the Cubs last won in 1908. They are ever so close to an even 100 hears of futility. Wouldn't it be ashamed to have a string run that long, and not break the century mark?

Benign Despot said:
If one were a Cubs fan and the White Sox victory parade passed your place of employment in Chicago, what would you do?

ask steve bartman

LVent said:
ask steve bartman
that poor bastard is blamed for doing what any fan would have, trying to catch a ball. on top of that, the team sucked for the few plays prior and after the play and Bartman should never have effected the out comeof the game.

Speaking of Bartman, what the hell is up with fans letting the opposing team's players wander right over to the stands reach their gloves in and easily catch fly/foul balls? The White Sox did this in Anaheim and last night Houston. I know if that was me at a Red Sox game I don't care if I get kicked out, there's no way in hell I let them make that catch. ;)

Alcoholic9 said:
Speaking of Bartman, what the hell is up with fans letting the opposing team's players wander right over to the stands reach their gloves in and easily catch fly/foul balls? The White Sox did this in Anaheim and last night Houston. I know if that was me at a Red Sox game I don't care if I get kicked out, there's no way in hell I let them make that catch. ;)
you do not need to slap the fielder like the fool in Fenway, just stand your ground and not clear a path bigger than Moses did at the Red Sea.

mikiemo83 said:
you do not need to slap the fielder like the fool in Fenway, just stand your ground and not clear a path bigger than Moses did at the Red Sea.

Better yet, stand with your back to the field right up against the rail directly in his path when you see him coming. All the while looking and reaching up like you're going for the ball. :D

This was a big issue with the guys on "PTI" this week because Wilbon is from Chicago and has always been a Cubs fan, but when the White Sox got to the Series he was rooting for them and Tony had a big problem with that.

I say what difference does it make? In '96 I knew people from Minnesota who were big Vikings fans but rooted for the Packers to go to the Super Bowl (after the Vikes got knocked out of the playoffs, of course).

<- Would never miss a Superbowl but won't be watching the "Series".

Long time Red Sox fan, even if they are originally from Cincinatti so I don't give a damn about it if my boy's aren't in the Series.

TrueBeliever said:
The Red Sox are originally from Cincy?

Blew my mind when I found out too! Circa 1870, the Cincinatti Red Stockings, only lost one game in their history, made the move to Boston and renamed themselves the Red Sox! I always thought they were the originals but it seems the Braves were more original in Boston, curse them!

Well not that big of a surprise. A lot of the MLB teams today started out in different cities from where they are now. The Braves, Twins, Rangers, A's, Brewers - and of course, the Dodgers and the Giants.

Does make you wonder, though, where the Cincinatti Reds got there name from, cuz I heard that they were originally the "Red Stockings" or "Red Sox" too but shortened it...?

Back